Wrexham AFC - Ryan Reynolds/Rob McElhenney

Wezbid

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Who’s on 6k per week? Lainton or Howard?

An opposition manager was saying he knows one of them is on 6k a week

Didnt name names

Edited by Zatman

51 minutes ago, Genie said:

I read they other day that Reynolds sold a phone company for $1b. He must have some SERIOUS money burning holes in his pockets.

He "only" had a 25% share so he probably made about 250m, not sure how much his original stake cost him.

He did the same with his gin company. Sold it for $600m or something.

Nice work if you can get it. 

• Like 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

He "only" had a 25% share so he probably made about 250m, not sure how much his original stake cost him.

He did the same with his gin company. Sold it for $600m or something.

Nice work if you can get it. 

One of those people who seems to turn whatever they touch to gold.

Just now, Genie said:

One of those people who seems to turn whatever they touch to gold.

I guess when you're a hollywood movie star, growing a brand is extremely doable. 

Endorsements have always been a thing, I guess this is just cutting out the middle man.

Buy the brand or a stake in it yourself and when the brand grows because of your endorsement you cash in

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John said:

I have watched "Welcome to Wrexham" and I have to say, what's not to like? They have put the team back on the football map and have given their fans hope again. Grimsby pipped them in the play off's last year and Stockport (who also aren't short of a few bob themselves) ran away with the league. Notts County could still run them close for automatic promotion this season (as they have to play each other again), so the money injection hasn't steamrollered all of their opponents yet. 

I suspect Reynolds and McElhenney, are in it for the right reasons and now have the club's supporters right behind them, although understandably initially many of those same supporters did doubt their intentions, and needed to be convinced. I rather like to see former league clubs get back after relegation, it is a pity to see what has happened to the likes of Torquay, Scunthorpe, Southend, Chesterfield, Oldham and York. I hope they do it this season, because had it not been for the intervention of their new owners, they might have further extended their stay outside the league. 

lol :D 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Massive signing for Wrexham 

One thing id say is people saying wrexham spendong big they havent gone got a massive name manager. Phil parkinson isnt exactly a high level manager in these leagues

Think his last job was Sunderland and has managed in the Championship and a League Cup final 😂

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Massive signing for Wrexham 

One thing id say is people saying wrexham spendong big they havent gone got a massive name manager. Phil parkinson isnt exactly a high level manager in these leagues

Errrrr… yes, yes he is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â