Wrexham AFC - Ryan Reynolds/Rob McElhenney

Wezbid

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think thats fair points but until we see how they perform in league one (if they get there) we see how they do there.

I cant see reynolds and his partner spending massive tehy dont have the finances of city. Nowhere close. I think players would bw attracted to them because of the popularity and ambition of the club. I mean if wrexham were promoted who you going to rather sign for Wrexham or carilse?

I also note that they have improved the facilites at the ground too so they ate imvesting all over the club

I don’t understand why you’re comparing their financial situation directly to Man City’s. It makes no sense. Of course they aren’t going to spend £800m.

However, they’ll absolutely spend millions more than most clubs south of the Championship.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don’t understand why you’re comparing their financial situation directly to Man City’s. It makes no sense. Of course they aren’t going to spend £800m.

However, they’ll absolutely spend millions more than most clubs south of the Championship.

I reckon their sponsorship and commercial income from stuff like the documentary will already dwarf any club outside the Championship. It'll only go up a gear after they're promoted.

I'd also be very curious how people feel about them if they did manage to get to the top flight and we're able to get sponsorship bigger than ours? 

56 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Sorry, where has it been said that Wrexham are destroying football?

I find it funnier how people seem to bang on about rich clubs ruining football (OMG how can Chelsea just throw £600m at it - it’s ridiculous, FFP is a joke etc) but when the same thing is done at a lower level, it’s all “awww, these guys are so good. Just look at the documentary, such great guys. What, Dagenham & Redbridge can’t compete? **** it. Thems the breaks”.

It's been said earlier in the thread that Wrexham are distorting the league and that other teams will have increased risk of going insolvent due to spending massive wages to try and keep up with them. Try reading back. 

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Because people are saying they are the citu of the national league  i didnt say it if you look back others said it. Im just saying its not remotely the same at all

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Because people are saying they are the citu of the national league  i didnt say it if you look back others said it. Im just saying its not remotely the same at all

Yes, they are the Man City of the National League.

No, they aren’t spending £800m. 

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

It's been said earlier in the thread that Wrexham are distorting the league and that other teams will have increased risk of going insolvent due to spending massive wages to try and keep up with them. Try reading back. 

Distorting the National League = ruining football. Got it. 

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

Sorry, where has it been said that Wrexham are destroying football?

I find it funnier how people seem to bang on about rich clubs ruining football (OMG how can Chelsea just throw £600m at it - it’s ridiculous, FFP is a joke etc) but when the same thing is done at a lower level, it’s all “awww, these guys are so good. Just look at the documentary, such great guys. What, Dagenham & Redbridge can’t compete? **** it. Thems the breaks”.

The answer to the question in the first paragraph appears to be 'in the next sentence'. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They are the City of the national league and probably Will be up to League 1 with resources they have

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The answer to the question in the first paragraph appears to be 'in the next sentence'. 

They’re spending a lot of money for a non-league side. It’s a bit ridiculous to extrapolate that as “destroying football”, but each to their own. 

13 hours ago, bobzy said:

Yes, they are the Man City of the National League.

No, they aren’t spending £800m. 

Can you confirm their net spend this season and the season before?

As looking all i can this summer is a host of free transfers?

If they are the cuty if the conference im expecting you to tell me they have spent 10-20m each season on players?

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If they are the cuty if the conference im expecting you to tell me they have spent 10-20m each season on players?

Still dont get it. Pumping wages into the club. Already smashed the league transfer record. 6k a week the goalkeeper is on

Funny thing is this was a rich oligarch people would be saying wait until they get bored. Havent heard it once yet about Wrexham which is a lot more financially dangerous 

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I can't tell if you're stupid or not.  Why on Earth would a conference side be spending £10-20m each season on players?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No need to be a knob bobzy ffs

OK, the real answer to show how they're the Man City of the National League.  Clubs don't spend £10-20m at that level - they don't really spend anything at all.  Wrexham's net spend last season was £300k.  The rest of the entire league had a net spend of £0.  To put that £300k fee into context, it would be the second largest League Two transfer of all time and 10th in League One.

This season, as an example to the level of player they attract with their money, they signed Elliot Lee on a free transfer.  A player that is "only" 28 and has spent his entire career playing Championship or League One football.  He came on a free transfer from Luton, to Wrexham in the National League.

No other club in the league can compete with them financially.  The gap between Wrexham and the next National League club is far, far, far greater than Man City to the next Premier League club.

They don't spend £m's on players because no-one does at that level. Or League Two.  Or League One, really.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

OK, the real answer to show how they're the Man City of the National League.  Clubs don't spend £10-20m at that level - they don't really spend anything at all.  Wrexham's net spend last season was £300k.  The rest of the entire league had a net spend of £0.  To put that £300k fee into context, it would be the second largest League Two transfer of all time and 10th in League One.

This season, as an example to the level of player they attract with their money, they signed Elliot Lee on a free transfer.  A player that is "only" 28 and has spent his entire career playing Championship or League One football.  He came on a free transfer from Luton, to Wrexham in the National League.

No other club in the league can compete with them financially.  The gap between Wrexham and the next National League club is far, far, far greater than Man City to the next Premier League club.

They don't spend £m's on players because no-one does at that level. Or League Two.  Or League One, really.

Better answer 🙂

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Not defending what’s going on at Wrexham, but the idea that one club can distort a lower division for longer than a couple of seasons is nonsense. They float up to their new financial level via promotion pretty quickly, and then you’re more or less back where you were.

Exactly; this is a big part of the reason I find them (much) less annoying than Man City or Newcastle. Come the end of the season, the National League teams will never have to worry about them again. By contrast, Man City and Newcastle will distort this league forever. 

• Like 4

Have we even discussed the difference in motivation between the owners of man city and Wrexham? They really could not be more different. Sports washing blood money or the other guys who were not in Deadpool.

• Like 2

Â