Wrexham AFC - Ryan Reynolds/Rob McElhenney

Wezbid

45 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I would be absolutely amazed if Notts County don't win the play offs (assuming they don't still overtake Wrexham) 

They're streets ahead of anyone else in that league. 

Another massive point.  If wrexham didnt have these owners notts county would be the ones running away with it as their side is massively better than everyone else barring wrexham 

I think also having wrexham in the football league brings excitement to league two. It certainly needs it

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Another massive point.  If wrexham didnt have these owners notts county would be the ones running away with it as their side is massively better than everyone else barring wrexham 

I think also having wrexham in the football league brings excitement to league two. It certainly needs it

League 2 has 6 teams in with a chance of automatic promotion and 5 teams in the relegation battle

Why would Wrexham money add more excitement?

56 minutes ago, Zatman said:

League 2 has 6 teams in with a chance of automatic promotion and 5 teams in the relegation battle

Because they have a massive global following. I can almost guarantee more people around the world are following the National League this season than League 2. Next season League 2 will have its profile raised by having Wrexham compete there and the National League will go back to being a non entity again. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

What @LondonLax said

Also wrexham won't be favourites will they like thwy are in conference so makes it more exciting

3 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Already been mentioned many times, but more palatable as it's more community aligned, they are invested, they show up. They even went to an away game, and although it's good for the TV show (which may be a big factor) it's still a good effort. 

Not to mention Wrexham is a pretty big club for their standing right now and they've effectively been saved by them. 

They've also pushed through some positive actions, such as allowing streaming of games at that level. Yes it was for their benefit but should help bring extra income and visibility for other non league clubs, especially those with fans who may not be able to attend every game.

I'm sure if you spoke to Man City fans, there'd be plenty that the club has done "in the community" - it's just not been made into a documentary (yet) and plastered for all to see.  To be honest, most clubs are heavily involved in the communities they're based in.  Amanda Staveley (and her husband?) appears at plenty of Newcastle games.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I would be absolutely amazed if Notts County don't win the play offs (assuming they don't still overtake Wrexham) 

They're streets ahead of anyone else in that league. 

So were Wrexham last season, but Grimsby beat them.  It happens.  (Edit:  In terms of ability, not the points total).

But yeah, Langstaff on absolute fire.  Another goal for him tonight, taking him to 40 for the season.

Edited by bobzy

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Because they have a massive global following. I can almost guarantee more people around the world are following the National League this season than League 2. Next season League 2 will have its profile raised by having Wrexham compete there and the National League will go back to being a non entity again. 

I bet nobody else around the world watching the National League are cheering for Gateshead or Oldham and next season people wont be cheering for Barrow or Swindon

Not sure how Wrexham outspending teams is better for the entire division

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yes, they will be.

You think they will be favs over the four league one sides that have been relegated? Unless they spend big again i think be a tough ask.  Maybe a chance for play offs

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You think they will be favs over the four league one sides that have been relegated? Unless they spend big again i think be a tough ask.  Maybe a chance for play offs

I think it’s a given that they will be backed to be one of the best sides again if they get promoted. 

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

100%.  I think they'll be pretty big favourites (around maybe 4/1 for League Two which is quite short; not compared to Man City who will likely be odds on for the Prem).  Stockport won the National League last year and have a decent backing - they were early favourites for the League Two title this season; obviously it hasn't worked out that way.

Wrexham have a far bigger backing, the ability to have a greater budget than any League One or League Two side and are able to retain most of their squad on mid term contracts - again, this is relatively uncommon in League Two.  Players often sign short term deals as one good season can propel them into a higher wage bracket at a different club.  Wrexham can (and do) already offer higher wages than many League One sides do.

I'd actually be very surprised if they don't achieve back to back promotions.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

100%.  I think they'll be pretty big favourites (around maybe 4/1 for League Two which is quite short; not compared to Man City who will likely be odds on for the Prem).  Stockport won the National League last year and have a decent backing - they were early favourites for the League Two title this season; obviously it hasn't worked out that way.

Wrexham have a far bigger backing, the ability to have a greater budget than any League One or League Two side and are able to retain most of their squad on mid term contracts - again, this is relatively uncommon in League Two.  Players often sign short term deals as one good season can propel them into a higher wage bracket at a different club.  Wrexham can (and do) already offer higher wages than many League One sides do.

I'd actually be very surprised if they don't achieve back to back promotions.

Cant rule it out esp when 3 sides get automatic promotion from league two

14 hours ago, Wezbid said:

No offence to County fans but ****'em. As a Wrexham lad, a bit of good fortune is long overdue for the club and town/city. 

Notts County are paying good money themselves and they're not just up there for no reason. They've been throwing cash themselves, it's just not a glamour headline story. 

When the likes of Fleetwood Town, Crawley Town, Forest Green, Salford etc were throwing cash about to gain promotion whilst Wrexham were run by the fans and by whatever income they made then I'm not going to feel bad or guilty for some ridiculous good fortune. 

Of course from the outside it's annoying and rammed down people's throats. Some of the fans are annoying as feck but in the main, most are grateful for what is happening. Excitement is not the same as gloating. 

I feel the same about the Villa owners as I do about Wrexham's. So chuffed that my clubs finally have good owners after near decades of shite. 

Rob and Ryan are setting up the club to use money generated rather than lump a load of debt on the club. Doing it right, yet the claws come out for them. Notts County are roughly in debt to the tune of £14m should the owner pull the plug, there isn't the sustainable income to cover that. 

Aside from the last 15 years, Wrexham have been a Football League side and I don't get the hate. 

The same fans will be wanting the Villa owners to be flexing their financial muscle in the summer. 

There’s no hate - but Wrexham are buying the league and have a financial advantage over every club below the Championship (gut feel).

Man City fans enjoy it too.

16 hours ago, Wezbid said:

No offence to County fans but ****'em. As a Wrexham lad, a bit of good fortune is long overdue for the club and town/city. 

Notts County are paying good money themselves and they're not just up there for no reason. They've been throwing cash themselves, it's just not a glamour headline story. 

When the likes of Fleetwood Town, Crawley Town, Forest Green, Salford etc were throwing cash about to gain promotion whilst Wrexham were run by the fans and by whatever income they made then I'm not going to feel bad or guilty for some ridiculous good fortune. 

Of course from the outside it's annoying and rammed down people's throats. Some of the fans are annoying as feck but in the main, most are grateful for what is happening. Excitement is not the same as gloating. 

I feel the same about the Villa owners as I do about Wrexham's. So chuffed that my clubs finally have good owners after near decades of shite. 

Rob and Ryan are setting up the club to use money generated rather than lump a load of debt on the club. Doing it right, yet the claws come out for them. Notts County are roughly in debt to the tune of £14m should the owner pull the plug, there isn't the sustainable income to cover that. 

Aside from the last 15 years, Wrexham have been a Football League side and I don't get the hate. 

The same fans will be wanting the Villa owners to be flexing their financial muscle in the summer. 

Yeah, well wait till Ryan Reynolds starts chopping off people's hands and heads, makes journalists disappear and bans any gays or trans people. 

It's only a matter of time. You know it, I know it and the other one whose name no on can remember knows it. 

Then you'll be sorry😜

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

There’s no hate - but Wrexham are buying the league and have a financial advantage over every club below the Championship (gut feel).

Man City fans enjoy it too.

We had that advantage in championship so we cant really criticise others

17 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Many congrats on winning the very first Welsh Cup, 145 years ago today.

A club with history that the fans kept going through thin and thinner, I’d just laugh if I was a Wrexham fan and anyone tried to claim some sort of unfair advantage bollocks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, well wait till Ryan Reynolds starts chopping off people's hands and heads, makes journalists disappear and bans any gays or trans people. 

It's only a matter of time. You know it, I know it and the other one whose name no on can remember knows it. 

Then you'll be sorry😜

As if anyone really cares about who owns a football club.

Â