Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Bertie, Bertie Bertie.....If he had half the heart and desire levels that he has in skill he'd never have played for us and could've been lighting up the Bernabeu. Alas though, a gust of wind and.... "ouch, me ribs hurt". Hence Turkey.

Thanks for the memories and leaving ginger bollox De Bruyne on his arse too. Legend

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Would’ve loved to see more of this kind of class 🥲

Class. Also say what you like about Grealish but that casual set up "what? you say there are two players right on me? I cant say I even noticed. Here Bertie have it." Wow.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

55 minutes ago, RichW said:

I’m guessing it’s happening with other clubs buts it’s so frustrating we can’t get rid of players on a permanent. Is he going to have a couple of loans before his contract expires and gets released for nothing. Cost us £17 million! 

I sometimes wonder if bombing someone off to play for the U21s is less effective from a sales perspective than our management thinks…

5 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I sometimes wonder if bombing someone off to play for the U21s is less effective from a sales perspective than our management thinks…

It worked well with Carney. It's also a method to get unwanted players thinking about accepting a move or loan (saving Villa their salary and perhaps earning a fee), they might otherwise reject whilst sat in the comfort and prestige of the first team.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brommy said:

It worked well with Carney. It's also a method to get unwanted players thinking about accepting a move or loan (saving Villa their salary and perhaps earning a fee), they might otherwise reject whilst sat in the comfort and prestige of the first team.

18 year old with a handful of senior appearance vs a 26 year old who has played in Europe 20+ times. Not the same

It's weird Gerrard is so dead set on sending Bertie away. He's exactly the type of maverick player who could come up with a moment of brilliance and win points that the manager's 'system' wouldn't otherwise be able to. Bruce, for all of his faults, realized this and would give freedom to offensive players like him for that exact reason. 

Anyway, wish him luck, perhaps next manager will give him a chance when he's back from his loan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah man, I really like Bertie, exciting player to watch and strange that he isn’t being kept around to come off the bench in games like Saturday where we are crying out for a spark. If we want to get into Europe, we need a squad with depth.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Linked to Basaksehir. The tweet says it's agreed with the club and the player.

That's about his level. I've no idea how anyone scouted him and thought he'd be worth £17m. The odd flash of skill but 99% of the time he's slow one footed and takes too many touches. Dreadful footballer who's also made of paper. The fact that we can barely even give him away tells you everything.

Edited by villa89
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

That's about his level. I've no idea how anyone scouted him and thought he'd be worth £17m. The odd flash of skill but 99% of the time he's slow one footed and takes too many touches. Dreadful footballer who's also made of paper. The fact that we can barely even give him away tells you everything.

7 goals and 6 assists in 26 games worth of minutes the season before last. 'Dreaful footballer' ffs. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

7 goals and 6 assists in 26 games worth of minutes the season before last. 'Dreaful footballer' ffs. 

If he's so good then why he is off to Turkey and not getting a £15m transfer somewhere, he's only 26. This should be him in his prime. People on this board completely over rate a lot of our players, Traoré, Sanson, Tréz and the rest, bordering on delusion. 

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

Gerrard will be gone when he returns 

I also think that this will be the case. Bertie’s last game for Villa will come after Gerrard’s last game for Villa. 

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How the hell am I the top poster in the Bertrand Traore thread! 🤣

I really need to do some work.

I think you’ve answered your own question there. 

• Haha 1

Â