Playstation 5

villarule123

17 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Picking it up tomorrow. If I have PS+/PS Now - will it transfer across?

Ps+ does.  Not sure about Now as I don't have it but it would be a poor show if it didn't. 

21 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Picking it up tomorrow. If I have PS+/PS Now - will it transfer across?

Watch some YouTube stuff about using the cloud to save your games and then yes I think it should, there's something you have to do on the settings to access the cloud storage 

Your ps+ library definitley transfers over you obviously just have to download everything again 

And me, they don't have to do anything dramatic they just have to nail the story and introduce enough new things to keep it interesting, the sticky bombs etc and new dinos should tick that box

There's a couple of really nice visual touches, her hair under water and the lasers cutting through the sand 

I am really hoping Horizon: Forbidden West has a 60FPS Performance Mode.

The game looks great, but after playing Horizon: Zero Dawn on PC I'm not sure if I'm down to play Horizon at 30FPS again. 

I'll be honest and say I never ever notice that kind of shit... 

I turned the chat off last night as it was xboxboi89 saying "30 fps 😂😂😂" but I don't see it, I'm watching the gameplay and enjoying the story, graphics are lost on me 

God of War: Ragnarok is now a 2022 release and is confirmed to release on PS4 and PS5.

Gran Turismo 7 has yet to be given an official release window, but it is also confirmed to be coming to PS4 as well as PS5.

Great news for those sticking with their PS4's and potentially bad news for anyone that bought a PS5 expecting these games to be next-gen exclusive.

• Like 1

That Horizon gameplay looks awesome. The first game was great. Though, I agree @Daweii, needs an 60FPS mode. Kinda refuse to play 30FPS games these days due to eye strain (which is weird but is a common theme, no idea why) more than anything else. 

Would be tempted to pick up a PS5 for this game (if they ever go on sale again)

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Daweii said:

God of War: Ragnarok is now a 2022 release and is confirmed to release on PS4 and PS5.

Gran Turismo 7 has yet to be given an official release window, but it is also confirmed to be coming to PS4 as well as PS5.

Great news for those sticking with their PS4's and potentially bad news for anyone that bought a PS5 expecting these games to be next-gen exclusive.

Economics at a guess, you've got a AAA single player game that costs anywhere up to $200m to make and you have a machine that's sold 100m+ units staring you in the face 

They can't make a profit this early in the ps5s life cycle 

Means r&c, FF7, deathloop, kena, horizon, they'll just about stretch it through to the end of the year and then need a big release next march 

Still think the biggest thing they can do for their non e3 state of play thing is expand the psn collection adding ghosts, spiderman, last of us 2 etc 

And then announce spiderman 2 and something coming back, I'm team syphon filter but sly cooper, ape escape, jakk etc I can see, to be fair after the excellent demo they could announce a full astro bot game and I think it could down well, a platform er and a big 3rd person adventure game is mybpredicitok. 

10 hours ago, Daweii said:

With this chip shortage that has led to people not being able to buy PS5 even if they wanted to, I think this is the fair way to go for PS. Well done (I have PS5).

With the amount of unfulfilled demand for PS5s, I think they could have easily sold double the current number if there hadn’t been a chip shortage.

Its a shame, I don’t like the crossover period, it’s good when all players and developers are in the same platform.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dubbs said:

Anyone had any issues with stick drift? Noticed it playing Resi Village and Returnal recently.  New controller or an easy fix?

Yeah I had that so I sent it back for repair. Took about two weeks iirc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Anyone had any issues with stick drift? Noticed it playing Resi Village and Returnal recently.  New controller or an easy fix?

Stick drift is usually death for a controller these days. 

As @Designer1 stated you can send it back for repair, but the issue will likely come back. 

For instance iFixit did a teardown of the PS5 controller and discovered the sticks are rated for around 417 hours of use before performance starts to degrade. Stick drift is simply the performance of the mechanism degrading. 

I'll put their teardown in a spoiler box so it doesn't take up the whole window.

Spoiler

There are fixes out there and the video above does detail some of them, but all of them require taking apart a controller that Sony will have made hard to take apart. 

• Like 1

What's frustrating is there's no way I've used it for anywhere near 400 hours.  I'll have a look at sending it off because there's no way it should have a problem within 6 months of purchase. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daweii said:

Stick drift is usually death for a controller these days. 

For instance iFixit did a teardown of the PS5 controller and discovered the sticks are rated for around 417 hours of use before performance starts to degrade. 

400 hours is terrible. That's like 1 game of Skyrim for some people!

• Like 2

I’m seriously considering selling my ps5 and just chilling with a Switch. I think at this point the switch better suits my gaming requirements in the pick up and play / roaming kind of style. I can’t remember the last time I actually sat down and had a good gaming session on the PS5, as much as I want to I just can’t devote the time to it unless it’s after 10:30 at night when the kids are asleep and the missus is either in bed or watching TV.

plus the lad and the wife both have switches, when they play at the moment I do go off upstairs and play the PS, but it always feels antisocial now. If I get one too then at least I can stay in the same room as them and maybe play together.

Â