Playstation 5

villarule123

Give it 2 weeks and wait for the nintendo direct to announce the 4k switch, they say it will sell at the same price as the normal one but I think that's clever marketing speak, they've not said anything about the normal one going down in price 

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

New one is getting great reviews, 9s on most sites 

No idea how, the gameplay has barely evolved since the PS2, and it appears as though the new playable character in this one plays exactly the same way as Ratchet always has - get a gun, blow things up, upgrade it, blow more things up. 

The graphics, though, do look absolutely incredible. Not that it should be getting 9s on that basis, though. 

Just now, hogso said:

No idea how, the gameplay has barely evolved since the PS2, and it appears as though the new playable character in this one plays exactly the same way as Ratchet always has - get a gun, blow things up, upgrade it, blow more things up. 

The graphics, though, do look absolutely incredible. Not that it should be getting 9s on that basis, though. 

The new character is supposedly what makes the game so good, really well written

There's a few reviews I've seen that said it's like an interactive pixar movie such is the quality of the writing and visuals, one went as far as to say in places it looks better than what Hollywood are doing 

Agree on the gameplay though, I'm not a fan of the series or platformers in general really, this sounds like a case of it does what it does at a high level, whether or not you like what it does is something else 

I read the Pixar comparison in a review too, but with regards to the strength of the graphics, animation, and art design, to the point that the new game is significantly more impressive than the actual R&C movie from a few years back. 

Script wise, it seems pretty standard fare for the more recent R&C games, that blend of attempting to up the stakes a bit for the player whilst retaining the silly humour that the series is known for. Not exactly ground breaking for a video game in 2021, but perfectly serviceable for a game aimed at kids and adults. 

I can’t wait for Ratchet and Clank, it was pretty much the game that sold me on the PS5, love platform/actions games so this one looks incredible.

Also set the download off for FF VII Intergrade, which was my favourite game of last couple of years.

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, villa4europe said:

PSN+ games are predator, uncharted lost legacy, plague tales 

Might give uncharted another go, it's a good 8 hours worth playing 

Are Predator or Plague Tale any good?

14 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Are Predator or Plague Tale any good?

Plague tale reviewed really well so I might give that a go but it doesn't look like my type of thing, heavily narrative driven which I like but a lot of stealth which I don't, I'm not 100% sure but I think you're a kid sneaking past adults so no fighting or way out if you get caught 

Predator I think is online only so not for me 

Plague Tale is one of the most successful of the recent revival of 'AA' games - the B tier level games coming from the likes of Focus Interactive. It's apparently genuinely quite good.

Predator was popular for 5 minutes last year. It's an asymmetrical online multiplayer shooter, mercs v the Predator. It's a good idea and seemed to work fairly well but if you're not into that kinda thing it's not going to change your mind it seems. Also the popularity fell off a cliff from the buzz at launch it appears.

11 minutes ago, hogso said:

Pleased to see Lost Legacy available, never got round to that one. 

Its good, more of the same from 4 with from memory less of the bits of 4 that didn't actually work

Both characters are that good that I'm surprised when they said no more Nathan Drake I thought they were then going to say they were doing a full game with them instead, with the time gap now it'll be a hard sell so I don't see it anymore 

On 05/06/2021 at 21:36, Dante_Lockhart said:

I’m seriously considering selling my ps5 and just chilling with a Switch. I think at this point the switch better suits my gaming requirements in the pick up and play / roaming kind of style. I can’t remember the last time I actually sat down and had a good gaming session on the PS5, as much as I want to I just can’t devote the time to it unless it’s after 10:30 at night when the kids are asleep and the missus is either in bed or watching TV.

plus the lad and the wife both have switches, when they play at the moment I do go off upstairs and play the PS, but it always feels antisocial now. If I get one too then at least I can stay in the same room as them and maybe play together.

Never mind. Missus brought me one for my birthday so we can all play Minecraft together lol

• Like 1

Ghost of tsushima directors cut announced, out 20th August, comes with an expansion pack and makes full use of the controller 

Brilliant game, I reckon I'll pick it up around this time next year in a sale and play it again 

Went into Currys yesterday to get a new microwave as ours had died.  Asked the lady helping us if they had any PS5's more as a joke than a serious request and she goes all conspiratorial and asks if I really want one. She then takes me over to the business account holders team who get me one of the 400 or so disk versions that they have available.  I had to sign up to a business account, but that is free and it gets delivered in 3-5 working days.  Apparently they have a bunch left over from a raffle system they were using.

You have to be in store to get one and you need to ask and they only do one per person. The store has to have a business account section in it too.  Just FYI for you guys still looking.

• Thanks 3

Right so just managed to get a PS5 finally and due to pick up this evening. Big question, what game should I get first? I've been playing AC Valhalla on PS4 so was thinking of just switching that to PS5 but wondered if there was something else good to play?!

9 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Right so just managed to get a PS5 finally and due to pick up this evening. Big question, what game should I get first? I've been playing AC Valhalla on PS4 so was thinking of just switching that to PS5 but wondered if there was something else good to play?!

The Demon's Souls remake is a brilliant visual showcase for the PS5, depending on whether you like the Souls games or not.

Spiderman Miles Morales was very good too and looks brilliant on next gen (a bit on the short side, but quality over quantity and all that).

I hear that Ratchet & Clank is brilliant but haven't had chance to pick it up yet.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

The Demon's Souls remake is a brilliant visual showcase for the PS5, depending on whether you like the Souls games or not.

Spiderman Miles Morales was very good too and looks brilliant on next gen (a bit on the short side, but quality over quantity and all that).

I hear that Ratchet & Clank is brilliant but haven't had chance to pick it up yet.

Yeah tried a couple of the Souls games, cannot get into them. Will look at Spiderman but maybe one to get when the price drops?

• Thanks 1

Â