Playstation 5

villarule123

There's a trick to it where you manually change your DNS settings

Its on YouTube, worked for me on both the PS4 and PS5

You change the primary to 1.1.1.1 and the secondary to 1.0.0.1

I have absolutely no clue what that means so don't worry if you don't either but it works 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

There's a trick to it where you manually change your DNS settings

Its on YouTube, worked for me on both the PS4 and PS5

You change the primary to 1.1.1.1 and the secondary to 1.0.0.1

I have absolutely no clue what that means so don't worry if you don't either but it works 

Looking at DNS server settings,  does it matter where you are located?  I'm in the Midlands.

I swapped my DNS when my ISP's DNS stopped playing ball and was either slow, or constantly set to strict NAT regardless of router resets.

1.1.1.1 / 1.0.0.1 is the Cloudflare DNS and widely considered the fastest and most consistent. Others also use the Google DNS which is 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 so there are alternatives if one DNS doesn't solve the problem for you. 

The main reason swapping DNS tends to work is an ISP's DNS is often slow to begin with, but it's also being used by a large percentage of users. For instance if you're on Virgin Media, their DNS is being hit by half the population of the UK because they're the market leader and that slows things down. So hopefully a DNS swap solves the NAT/Lag issues. 

PS. I thought it might be helpful to explain what a DNS is. A DNS (Domain Name System) is essentially the phonebook of the Internet. When you type a domain name into the browser bar like www.facebook.com the DNS will take that, convert it to the websites IP address which for Facebook is 157.240.0.35 and then the page loads. So at a very basic level the DNS allows the Internet to be straight forward rather than the end user having to memorise IP addresses to access websites. As I said above the main reason changing DNS on PlayStation seems to work is down to the fact that third party DNS Resolvers are faster which tends to fix some of the NAT/Lag issues. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I'm having a terrible buzzing noise when playing PS5 games. Majority of stuff I've played so far have been PS4 ones, and it's quiet as a mouse. Start up a PS5 game and it's such an annoying buzz, especially as I generally play with the TV volume down and headphones on (with one ear piece off my ear so I can listen out for the lad)

Similar to this.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2020/11/21/ps5-noise-sticky-label/

I've e-mailed PSUK to see if I can get it in for repair as I'm not stripping it down myself to check this.

Edited by Dante_Lockhart

• 4 weeks later...

theres a state of play coming on the 29th, will focus on ratchet and clank

could be a big week with returnal released (which looks like it will review well) and then R&C as the next exclusive in line, with deathloop going back they have a gap coming up, they need them all to be good

Although I love the new controller, I've had two issues with it already, whereas having the same DS4 controller for my PS4 for 7+ years and no issues. 

One issue was minor, but annoying. My Square button kept sticking, but literally just used a tissue with some hand sanitiser on it, rubbed it around the button and it worked fine. 

Other issue was the R2 button losing it's 'springy' feeling. It was very loose. After checking online, the issue was that the spring that's found inside it must've broke. Opened up the controller and the spring was nowhere to be found, I was actually very confused, it was literally gone! Swapped in my DS4 spring and all is fine. 

Still a brilliant controller though. 

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

theres a state of play coming on the 29th, will focus on ratchet and clank

could be a big week with returnal released (which looks like it will review well) and then R&C as the next exclusive in line, with deathloop going back they have a gap coming up, they need them all to be good

And another free game for the month?

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

And another free game for the month?

Yeah should be announced soon and available next tuesday

They need to keep up with the "big" games

Or at some point increase the ps collection, death stranding, ghost of tsushima, gravity rush, Nathan drake collection, little big planet, shadow of the colossus from their own stuff and a fair few from PS hits like street fighter 5, mgs 5 

Especially their own stuff there's still a lot of good stuff they can put on ps+

• Thanks 1

It's really good, it's pretty much everything I wanted it to be and I massively bought in to the hype, looks incredible, great story, great combat

Not played it again on PS5 yet, everything about it screams graphical upgrade will blow your socks off... And then I'll play it in black and white for the next play through 😂

If you like the AC games I would say it's a much tighter streamlined but still massive version of them with more satisfying combat

Would depend on a ps5 edition as to whether or not they do it for free, same with last of us 2 at a guess 

Wreckfest is the PS5 version too isn't it? I'll certainly add them all to the library like the others, whether I end up playing them or not is another matter.

Ratchet and Clank looks immense BTW.

• Like 1

It was funny watching the live chat during last night

Thousands of "OK, show the next game" comments

Was slightly disappointed with the subnautica and among us "announcements" because it doesn't seem like anything new or news worthy, R&C looks good, always looks good but it's just not my thing, tried the last one again recently on PS collection and didn't get more than a couple of hours in before putting it down again 

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Not my type of game so I won't be getting it until its around £20 but returnal getting good reviews, 8s and 9s

I'll be getting it. Looks amazing,  reviews look good and uses the next gen controller features too.

I've been playing God of War lately and I was unaware a new one was imminent - but heard it's ps5 only?  That would be a bummer! 

What a brilliant game (story) that is.  Big snakes are dope as hell. 

• Like 1

Â