Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Shouldn't he be a legend for what he's done at Villa though? Probably close in that sense anyway. Shaw and McGrath got those awards for performances in a Villa shirt.

Gaz got young European footballer of the year!  Way before that nose Bellingham!!!

I Love Emi's personality....Its just up my street.

But I suspect its not everyones cup of tea....I like extroverts as well as introverts.....but I guess, introverts are popular on Social Media.

Some People Love Gary Lineker for not getting any yellow cards.....but hey ho.

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

He's tall you mean?

that as well......in certain positions, yes.😋

but I didn't think height was related to personality?😃

Edited by TRO

Believe it or not, a Villa fan I know at work said to me after the last game "I am glad we won but when is Martinez going to keep a clean sheet?". I commented that I thought there was nothing he could have done about the Fulham goal and the guy replied "yeah but, what about other games? You can't be given the best keeper in the world award and then not keep clean sheets". I just gave up trying to reason with him that we are extremely lucky to have Emi. He is a big personality and gives us a lot of exposure. I think that our players gaining recognition means we are heading in the right direction. 

On 23/11/2023 at 19:22, MotoMkali said:

Hopefully he will achieve legendary status by helping us win a couple of trophies and our highest league finish since 96 (or even 93 in the next few seasons) 

93 you say? I would like that

Â