Matty Cash

paul514

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Think we really missed on not signing a real starter here. Whether it be in the more defensive role he usually plays or a more attacking player like frimpong for the role he's been playing the last few weeks.

Frimpong? Dench!

Thought he was okay yesterday although his legs seemed to have a mind of their own at times.

It's interesting how Emery has essentially been using him as a makeshift Ramsey these past few games, with the way he's constantly getting into the opposition's box. He's not quite as effective as the real deal (which is entirely expected), but it's passable until Ramsey comes back: and it did catch Burnley completely off guard.

He's largely fairly composed I think, but has plenty of brain farts when he does silly things.

Trying to smash it with every muscle in his body on his wrong foot, flupping a weird header gently over, the lash as hard as he could towards Aston Manor which really pissed Emery off.

He'll have been told, and he will again, these need to be taken out of his game.

If they're not, he will be replaced.

• Like 1

I am sorry, and he's obviously a much, much better option than Chambers, but he is so one-dimensional going forward it's ridiculous. Goes to take the defender on, never actually does anymore, cuts back and lays it off every time.

I just don't think he's that smart. Keeps ending up a yard off the rest of the defensive line, and liable to switch off and get caught with the ball over the top (e.g. Chilwell's chance today). Generally he has the athleticism to make up for it, but not always.

Also a bit annoying that he keeps trying ridiculous shots from the angle of the box when we've got attackers up supporting.

Can never fault his effort however.

Very likeable player, but showing himself to be a bit of a weak link in the first team, played very poorly last night and a lot of moves break down with him.

A good versatile squad option, but as a footballer Digne and Moreno are miles ahead of him.

I notice Cash excels when he has good players around him more often than not.

I don't think we can single out anyone from last night. We were poor for most of the game.

I've been critical of Cash in the past too, but we've seen that he can also deliver a performance. Being in and out of the team also doesn't help.

Another thing I just considered is with a high line comes a lot of sprinting back, especially with these delayed offside flags, so I bet he's absolutely fooken knackered and is then expected to play cute, tricky pass and move football. Along with Konsa I think he's doing well all things considered.

Edited by AV82
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Another thing I just considered is with a high line comes a lot of sprinting back, especially with these delayed offside flags, so I bet he's absolutely fooken knackered and is then expected to play cute, tricky pass and move football. Along with Konsa I think he's doing well all things considered.

How knackered he is is irrelevant. He's never been able to play those passes. He's very limited on the ball. Still a much better option than Chambers mind, but that's not difficult.

On 17/09/2023 at 18:43, Dale said:

He is unlikely to be a starter come next season

People made the same posts last season. He was the player everybody expected to be dumped this summer and now is an undisputed starter at right back

• Like 1

On 28/09/2023 at 19:04, Zatman said:

People made the same posts last season. He was the player everybody expected to be dumped this summer and now is an undisputed starter at right back

Agree with this 100%

Had some great games this season and been absolutely solid today. You don't get international teams looking into where your grandparents are from if you're not good enough for a certain level. 

He can do both and he's in my opinion the defensive version of Watkins. Works tirelessly, does the job the manager wants week in, week out. Not sure why so many people dislike him. 

Â