Attending games 2020-21

OutByEaster?

It's going to be difficult, and especially in the early part of the season. 

Demand was greater than supply last season with a capacity of 42k plus, and non-season ticket holders will know how difficult it already was to get tickets outside of the Upper Trinity or Upper Doug.

With 30,000 season ticket holders and 8,000 on a waiting list, and 25,000 members also looking for seats - having 10,000 or so available for each game is going to be very difficult - the club will need to look after those 30,000 people, but will also be keen to make sure they don't lose the interest of those outside that group.

For me, it has to be a ballot that includes season ticket holders only - at least until we get to a point where the govt allow a few more people into the ground.

I really like the idea of 9,000 seats for season ticket holders for each game and then 1,000 for members in a separate ballot but I wonder if the club have the infrastructure in place to deal with that.

It's disappointing that the survey has such a limited range of responses, making it unlikely that options outside of what's been proposed will be considered and I'm a little concerned as to how the make up of the audience will influence the result of the survey, but I guess it's also true that whatever they do there will be people unhappy.

Away fans is interesting - an awful lot of the atmosphere comes with that interaction, but would you shut out another 500 Villa fans for that atmosphere?

• Like 1

Did the survey yesterday. It is difficult to answer questions to a process that has never been done before. I think some sort of ballot for season tickets holders would be the fairest option. I wouldn't mind some preferences put in as personally generally I prefer weekend games to attend whilst other may prefer night matches. I said yes to a small away support provided  it is replicated for all teams. I also think premier league clubs should encourage fans who don't get a match ticket to go and watch your local non league side as they will be desperate for the money.

I wonder if fans will be made to exit through the corner gates too when dispersing at the end of games. I think for space we can have half capacity but I suppose the required faff in getting fans to the seats is why there's a 11k (?) Limit for us. 

Unless we go full Frank Drebin but wear full hazmat suits instead of latex to allow complete capacity. 

I’m 3 years away from my 50th consecutive year as a STH and my lads have also been STH since they were 3 years old. I’ve pretty much written off the chances of us all attending a game together this coming season. Whatever system the club introduce there’s little chance of us getting 3 tickets to the same game. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I was there when we got pumped 3-1 by QPR on a freezing midweek night. Any current season ticketer who was there gets a ticket for any game they want.

Such a let down after the Wolves game a few days before

10 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

I’m 3 years away from my 50th consecutive year as a STH and my lads have also been STH since they were 3 years old. I’ve pretty much written off the chances of us all attending a game together this coming season. Whatever system the club introduce there’s little chance of us getting 3 tickets to the same game. 

This is my concern as well, my two lads are also season ticket holders and we go with my mate and his son so there is five of us in our group, like you said the chances of all getting tickets at the same time are virtually zero and if my lads get tickets without me they cannot go. Don’t see any real solution 

Edited by Follyfoot

28 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

I was thinking the opposite, the club will want to prioritise linked groups from the same household. Those people could likely sit together as they form a bubble but separated from other groups. If ever person is treated as an individual you will need more empty seats to seperate them. It's certainly part of the survey and I'd assume most people would say they want to attend with others from the same household/social bubble.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I was thinking the opposite, the club will want to prioritise linked groups from the same household. Those people could likely sit together as they form a bubble but separated from other groups. If ever person is treated as an individual you will need more empty seats to seperate them. It's certainly part of the survey and I'd assume most people would say they want to attend with others from the same household/social bubble.

Organizing by dividing it into cohorts would definitely make it far easier and a lot safer. 

3 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

The work in managing this for the club would be a lot I think - figuring out who is in a bubble, then reconfiguring the seating to match those bubbles would require a lot of thinking.

One of the things I think the survey kinda shows is that the club are very much looking to explore options that work within the ticketing software that's already in place.

On 28/08/2020 at 13:10, OutByEaster? said:

Away fans is interesting - an awful lot of the atmosphere comes with that interaction, but would you shut out another 500 Villa fans for that atmosphere?

I'd say probably not. There's hardly going to be an atmosphere anyway, it's going to be shite. A ground of 10k is one thing. 10k evenly spread over VP is going to be like a funeral, the atmosphere is going to be dead, with  or without a handful of away fans.

It also means there's a need for fewer stewards and police as there'll be less chance of crowd =trouble, I'd be quite surprised if we have away fans in. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The work in managing this for the club would be a lot I think - figuring out who is in a bubble, then reconfiguring the seating to match those bubbles would require a lot of thinking.

One of the things I think the survey kinda shows is that the club are very much looking to explore options that work within the ticketing software that's already in place.

Cant you let people be responsible for that, my membership is linked to my sons and those I book tickets with, seems easy to me within existing infrastructure. If not its surely impossible for the club to sell a ticket to a junior

Â