Attending games 2020-21

OutByEaster?

I’m not a season ticket holder, so have no idea how you guys are really feeling about all of this, especially those who have been a holder for many many years. 

However, I think home games should be aired to everyone through a subscription service with the Club, with others being chosen for the various other platforms such as Sky etc. (Just can the fake crowd, would rather listen to the players communicating). It should be a standard for ALL clubs. 

For ST holders, invite the chosen few thousand people who have been picked from a ballot, to attend each home game (well in advance), but then remove those selected from the next ballot to give everyone a fair chance to attend an even amount of games. Fill spaces for unclaimed tickets with others who were in the same ballot. I don’t know how difficult it would be to add in a +1 for those chosen in the ballot. Guess it depends on how seating arrangements would be - gaps between different parties etc. 

Each game to be treated equally. I don’t know how I feel about access to food/drink. Unless it is all done outside in an open area. 

The thing for me is, yes those who have been season ticket holders for so long should be treated fairly, but at the same time, football has to be for everyone. I don’t think people should miss out completely - which is why for me introducing paid subscription to watch online is essential - it gives those who are not ST holders or who have no chance of going to a game the opportunity to watch Villa. 

Edited by Tayls

36 minutes ago, Tayls said:

However, I think home games should be aired to everyone through a subscription service with the Club, with others being chosen for the various other platforms such as Sky etc. (Just can the fake crowd, would rather listen to the players communicating). It should be a standard for ALL clubs. 

The club don't own the rights so that would have to be an FA scheme.

12 minutes ago, limpid said:

Indeed. But I think the transaction should go through the club. It’s about giving EVERYONE the opportunity to watch their teams in home games. Because at the moment, those who are not ST holders will only be able to catch the odd game on Sky - if they have it. 

When we look at what happened during lockdown when football started back up again, it all of the sudden became a question of how many ways can we deliver games to people, through different channels and making them free to air etc. Whilst it wasn’t perfect, I think there is an appetite there to make football available for all - and as we know, Covid isn’t going anywhere fast, so this the perfect opportunity to look at new things in terms of access. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, limpid said:

The FA don't own the rights, the Premier League does - or at least did, they've sold them to a host of TV companies - the Premier League would need to negotiate with those TV companies and from a TV perspective, given the fixture schedule, I'm not sure what's in it for them. 

I'm pretty sure the 3pm blackout is still lifted. The Times reported it's not going to take effect again until fans can get back in to stadiums. I can't find the times article think it's behind a pay wall? Found this from fourfourtwo.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/every-premier-league-game-may-be-shown-on-tv-after-3pm-blackout-lifted-lets-hope-its-only-temporary

Every Premier League game may be shown on TV after 3pm blackout lifted - let's hope it's only temporary

The lifting of the blackout means fans will be able to stay home and watch matches - great for now, but it must not be permanent

On 30/08/2020 at 16:15, wilko154 said:

As a season ticket holder I voted for the option of it being season ticket holder only. I think it is the only fair way, many season tickets have attended consecutive games for many years, for them to potentially not receive a ticket this season but someone who has been once in the last 5 years has the chance to attend multiple games this season would be a farce.

That being said, with it being 30% attendance, and VP having 30,000 season ticket holders out of the 42,000 attendance it would mean we could have 10,500 per game.

It is unlikely that all ST holders will attend the games, due to safety/health fears or just not wanting to go with limited attendance. The option should be given so that the club know how many of the 30,000 will be attending prior to the attendance going back to normal.

If for example 27,000 ST holders apply, a ballot should be implemented between ST holders for games. Once you have your game you then miss the next two ballots so that all ST holders receive a fixture.

In this scenario of 27,000 ST holders attending 3 games there will be 1,500 tickets available. In my opinion these should be split between members and non ST/members. Maybe a 1000/500 split with a ballot implemented.

Probably just ramblings but it seems the fairest way to me.

I just hope we can all return soon and have a packed out Villa Park rocking once again.

A good and fair system ( might ) be having a lottery and the number of tckets you get ( the number of chances ) is 1 ticket for every year that you held a ST.So a 10 year St holder gets 10 chances every draw and a 5 year St gets 5 chances every draw.Just a thought.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The FA don't own the rights, the Premier League does - or at least did, they've sold them to a host of TV companies - the Premier League would need to negotiate with those TV companies and from a TV perspective, given the fixture schedule, I'm not sure what's in it for them. 

The Premier League aka Football Association Premier League Ltd? But you are correct, it's the FAPL which holds the rights, not the FA.

48 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think @OutByEaster? Suggestion is the best and fairest. Once every 3 games for season ticket holders. Done simple and move on. No need to complicate it. 

The other solution is full capacity with hazmat suits. This is a ridiculous suggestion so I say we go back to the one by @OutByEaster?

As long as they don't prejudice against people who don't want to attend a largely empty stadium.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think @OutByEaster? Suggestion is the best and fairest. Once every 3 games for season ticket holders. Done simple and move on. No need to complicate it. 

The other solution is full capacity with hazmat suits. This is a ridiculous suggestion so I say we go back to the one by @OutByEaster?

Not for me, needs to include an allocation for STs, members, juniors, those with ticket history, away fans. Proportions should be weighted to reflect last years allocations (70% tickets for STs) else you prejudice those that couldnt afford seasons tickets, those that live away etc.

8 minutes ago, limpid said:

As long as they don't prejudice against people who don't want to attend a largely empty stadium.

This is my main worry. 

I'm a long term ST holder, but I'm not sure how much enthusiasm I'll have for attending games in a largely empty stadium. 

If I don't attend many games next season, will I still be considered a ST holder in 21/22 or whenever season tickets go back on sale?  

There has to be some sort of guarantee that current ST holders will be allowed to purchase their seats whenever we "get back to normal". 

8 hours ago, Tayls said:

The thing for me is, yes those who have been season ticket holders for so long should be treated fairly, but at the same time, football has to be for everyone. 

Especially if you still want there to be season ticket holders in 20 years... have to repay the loyalty of the old guard as well as consistently attract new fans. This season will be harder than ever to do that in the grounds so agreed the PL should stream/televise as much as they can.

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sorry Dem, I don't understand - you pick 20k fans out and let them attend every other game?

Yeah you ballot 20k holders then split them in half and rotate the 10k between each home.  It would take a long time but at least most would get to attend a game. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah you ballot 20k holders then split them in half and rotate the 10k between each home.  It would take a long time but at least most would get to attend a game. 

What about the 10,000 other season ticket holders and 24,000 members? They get nothing?

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What about the 10,000 other season ticket holders and 24,000 members? They get nothing?

Members shouldnt get anything (im a member and i think st holders should get priority on this)

If its 30k then split it into either 2 amounts of 15k (of government allow it) or three batches of 10k.

Not ideal but would mean st holdera get to all go

• Like 1

On 31/08/2020 at 17:11, Demitri_C said:

For me its easy you give 20k fans the privilege and you rotate each home.game between the 10k.

Then gradually increase if things improve 2k or 5k at a time

I don't think attendances at Villa Park will be at 20,000 for quite a while. They are talking about 20 to 30% of capacity which would either be about 8,400 or 12,600. Which will be  a bit crap to start off with.

Â