Attending games 2020-21

OutByEaster?

35 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Cant you let people be responsible for that, my membership is linked to my sons and those I book tickets with, seems easy to me within existing infrastructure. If not its surely impossible for the club to sell a ticket to a junior

I guess from a practical standpoint they'd need a way to match season ticket holders together in the ballot - so that you'd exist as one 'object' if that makes sense, if they can't already do that it'll cost money - you'd also need to employ someone to put the tape over the third seat in the row rather than the second so that two people could sit together - that'll cost money too.

The note on Juniors is interesting. I hadn't thought about it, but if it's a straight ballot of season ticket holders (or season ticket holders and members) how are they going to get Juniors located anywhere near their guardians?

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I guess from a practical standpoint they'd need a way to match season ticket holders together in the ballot - so that you'd exist as one 'object' if that makes sense, if they can't already do that it'll cost money - you'd also need to employ someone to put the tape over the third seat in the row rather than the second so that two people could sit together - that'll cost money too.

The note on Juniors is interesting. I hadn't thought about it, but if it's a straight ballot of season ticket holders (or season ticket holders and members) how are they going to get Juniors located anywhere near their guardians?

I just hadnt seen this as difficult, season tickets and specified seats wont exist so everyone applies. You enter the ballot for tickets and enter as a group 2,3,4 people. These are people you link your fan Id to (this already exists, on the web portal you can list the relationship).The club allocates x amount of 2 seats, x amount of 3 seats, etc.

14 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I just hadnt seen this as difficult, season tickets and specified seats wont exist so everyone applies. You enter the ballot for tickets and enter as a group 2,3,4 people. These are people you link your fan Id to (this already exists, on the web portal you can list the relationship).The club allocates x amount of 2 seats, x amount of 3 seats, etc.

Yeah, fair enough I guess they could just do this with the distancing maintained so three seats together would still be three seats apart (if that makes sense) - sort of "xx1xx2xx3xx" that way they don't have to actually change the way they're set up from game to game.

I'd guess all of those people would need to be season ticket holders unless the survey produces a free for all. 

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yeah, fair enough I guess they could just do this with the distancing maintained so three seats together would still be three seats apart (if that makes sense) - sort of "xx1xx2xx3xx" that way they don't have to actually change the way they're set up from game to game.

I'd guess all of those people would need to be season ticket holders unless the survey produces a free for all. 

The survey had gone out to all fans, I assume it will be a mix but none of us really know yet. 

My guess is

Club launches a new scheme that anyone can register for paying a premium to do so.

The scheme allows 40k members and guarantees x tickets for every member.

Season tickets holders are given the opportunity to enter first of all which dictates how many non season ticket holders can enter.

You apply in a ballot for your ticket with the opportunity to ask for 1, 2, 3, 4 tickets. If successful you allocate seats to those that you are linked with in the ticket portal. 

A 'general sale' window exists after each allocation for any unallocated seats, open to those with a ticket history.

Absolutely no basis for any truth in this just bored and guessing, what else have we got to do, not like were singing anyone.

• Like 1

As a season ticket holder I voted for the option of it being season ticket holder only. I think it is the only fair way, many season tickets have attended consecutive games for many years, for them to potentially not receive a ticket this season but someone who has been once in the last 5 years has the chance to attend multiple games this season would be a farce.

That being said, with it being 30% attendance, and VP having 30,000 season ticket holders out of the 42,000 attendance it would mean we could have 10,500 per game.

It is unlikely that all ST holders will attend the games, due to safety/health fears or just not wanting to go with limited attendance. The option should be given so that the club know how many of the 30,000 will be attending prior to the attendance going back to normal.

If for example 27,000 ST holders apply, a ballot should be implemented between ST holders for games. Once you have your game you then miss the next two ballots so that all ST holders receive a fixture.

In this scenario of 27,000 ST holders attending 3 games there will be 1,500 tickets available. In my opinion these should be split between members and non ST/members. Maybe a 1000/500 split with a ballot implemented.

Probably just ramblings but it seems the fairest way to me.

I just hope we can all return soon and have a packed out Villa Park rocking once again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

A 'general sale' window exists after each allocation for any unallocated seats, open to those with a ticket history.

That's optimistic - I think we only made it to that stage a handful of times last season with a capacity of 42,000!

Payment again will be strange - if it were season ticket holders only, in order to be in the ballot would you buy a 'ballot season ticket' which would guarantee you every third game, or would you be automatically in the ballot and then pay on a match by match basis?

If it's a wider ballot, do you pay to enter then pay for the ticket on top, or buy a ticket for the lottery and 'win' a ticket, or enter for free and only pay if you 'win'?

One interesting thing is that a number of fan groups from other clubs and a good number of Villa fans have floated the idea that nobody should go back into grounds until everybody can - that having 10,000 people in a ground and 20,000+ season ticket holders at home isn't right and we should wait and all watch games on TV until we can open our stadiums completely. 

That idea has been given short thrift at every club where it's been raised and there's a feeling that the desire to protect the TV companies from demands to make ALL games available to fans is the priority and that having small numbers of fans in grounds helps in that.

It's going to be a shame this season that there are people who won't have missed a game for twenty years, home or away but will end up seeing four or five "live" matches and another three or four on TV, and won't be able to see the other half of the matches at all.

There's a bumper year ahead for a certain type of website.

None of us are season ticket holders at present. We are customers who hold a value based on prior transactions. The proposals from the club to accommodate fans on match days are selling a vastly different product than people were purchasing previously.

I have no interest at all in going back to a largely empty stadium. I also can't watch live matches either with a fake crowd or with no crowd. I won't see a lot of football next season.

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

From reading stuff, it looks like it's not been sent out as a blanket email - but to some sort of randomly selected group.

From my dealings with the TO - Id say that's a cop out.

I didn't get a survey.

34 minutes ago, hippo said:

From my dealings with the TO - Id say that's a cop out.

I didn't get a survey.

I agree with OBE, I received the e-mail but neither of my lads did and they’re adults as I suspect juniors weren’t included the survey?

45 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

I agree with OBE, I received the e-mail but neither of my lads did and they’re adults as I suspect juniors weren’t included the survey?

I'm 57 - I haven't received one.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's a bumper year ahead for a certain type of website.

If the Premier League had any sense, they'd be working to ensure that every single game was available either on TV or via some kind of digital season ticket.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, limpid said:

None of us are season ticket holders at present. We are customers who hold a value based on prior transactions. The proposals from the club to accommodate fans on match days are selling a vastly different product than people were purchasing previously.

I have no interest at all in going back to a largely empty stadium. I also can't watch live matches either with a fake crowd or with no crowd. I won't see a lot of football next season.

This is a very interesting point, and one I’ve never considered with Villa considering I’ve never been to VP.  But I do hold a season ticket to a different team in America, and after reading this realize I do so because 75% of the fun is the atmosphere. I don’t know if I would pay the regular price of a ticket if I couldn’t enjoy the fan festivities.

As for watching Villa on TV, that’s the norm for me. I do choose to watch with the simulated crowd noise. Feels like I’m watching a friendly without it.

Â