Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

If Kane delivers and you have him Captain you'll have had an excellent week compared to most people. Most people I've seen are in the low 20s and a lot don't have their captain left. Like me :) 

Fingers crossed then. I won’t be surprised to see Spurs get a penalty or two at Burnley. 

More annoyance to see I’ve got 11 points on my bench in Klich and Justin. 

Slightly above average 34 this week. Got 1.2m in the bank so got to figure out how to spend it this week. Think I'll have to stick with TAA for the time being and upgrade another spot.

Used my wildcard to transfer in Martinez, Grealish, and Watkins, which is against my policy to pick Villa players because of my jinxing ability, and sure enough, we lose.

So, beginning the gradual transfer out of Villa players, and trading them for Leeds players. 

I will use my powers for good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, AJ said:

Used my wildcard to transfer in Martinez, Grealish, and Watkins, which is against my policy to pick Villa players because of my jinxing ability, and sure enough, we lose.

So, beginning the gradual transfer out of Villa players, and trading them for Leeds players. 

I will use my powers for good.

I did this too but with McGinn instead of Grealish. I also had Bamford in the first attempt at my new team but removed him because he's a dick. He's still a dick, but I am languishing in every league I'm in and could have done with some points.

Edited by Rolta

10 hours ago, Hornso said:

Slightly above average 34 this week. Got 1.2m in the bank so got to figure out how to spend it this week. Think I'll have to stick with TAA for the time being and upgrade another spot.

Hate to break it to you but that's not above average. Average was 48

40 myself. Which given I started the day yesterday at 23 I'm ok with.

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

I did this too but with McGinn instead of Grealish. I also had Bamford in the first attempt at my new team but removed him because he's a dick. He's still a dick, but I am languishing in every league I'm in and could have done with some points.

I don't care if Bamford scores in every single game. i'm not signing that word removed

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Hate to break it to you but that's not above average. Average was 48

40 myself. Which given I started the day yesterday at 23 I'm ok with.

When I was on the site it said average was 33. Given I’m on the otherside of the world, the website was probably still grinding out the final result.

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

I am begrudingly planning on signing him the next round.

If this means he gets a season ending injury, or goes into a perpetual slump, then win.

27 minutes ago, Hornso said:

When I was on the site it said average was 33. Given I’m on the otherside of the world, the website was probably still grinding out the final result.

Yeah I think that was the average before yesterday's games so it probably hadn't update yet. Unfortunately it's 48 this week. Which surprises me seeing as only really Bamford hauled. 

It's meant I've dropped 400k places in the world. Ugh

18 minutes ago, AJ said:

I am begrudingly planning on signing him the next round.

If this means he gets a season ending injury, or goes into a perpetual slump, then win.

I did want to sign Antonio as a striker at that kind of price point but looks like he may be out injured for a while...

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I did want to sign Antonio as a striker at that kind of price point but looks like he may be out injured for a while...

My last "victim" was Van Dijk. I now realise I may have to replace the other Liverpool back I have. They may be able to score goals, but without Van Dijk, there defence overall would be a bit shaky. 

Edited by AJ
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, AJ said:

My last "victim" was Van Dijk. I now realise I may have to replace the other Liverpool back I have. They may be able to score goals, but without Van Dijk, there defence overall would be a bit shaky. 

Yeah i still have TAA but I'm going to let him go I think. Probably a straight swap for Robertson but I am tempted to just go no Liverpool defenders at all

• Like 2

This is the first season where I've gone into it with a solid plan, researched relentlessly before the season started and had a brilliant first GW.

Since then I've completely fallen apart, everything I have done has been wrong. Wildcarded last week and ended up with less points than I would have had with my prior team.

6 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

This is the first season where I've gone into it with a solid plan, researched relentlessly before the season started and had a brilliant first GW.

Since then I've completely fallen apart, everything I have done has been wrong. Wildcarded last week and ended up with less points than I would have had with my prior team.

You need to look at your WC long term. Last week was a bit of a freak week. Long term you'll probably be better off

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You need to look at your WC long term. Last week was a bit of a freak week. Long term you'll probably be better off

Yeh that's true, my team does look stronger now than it did before. It would help massively if I got my captains right!

9 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Yeh that's true, my team does look stronger now than it did before. It would help massively if I got my captains right!

1 week out of 6 I've made a good captain choice. It's been a nightmare so far

Took Barkley and Werner out to be replaced by Foden and Martial this week.

Martinez

Keane - Ake - Coady

Grealish - Foden - Maddison - Bale - Rodriguez

Calvert-Lewin - Firmino

Bench: Leno, Wan Bissaka, Gabriel, Martial