Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

22 minutes ago, BOF said:

So I dropped from 434k to 580k. Down 33%. Given how congested it is that's not terrible. I'm level on points with a work colleague yet he's 11k higher than me in the game. One transfer hit will drop you easily 40-50k.

I’ve never really paid much attention to the global rankings, but I see this week I moved up 300k places! From 766k to 466k. Like you say fine margins make a huge difference. 

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’ve never really paid much attention to the global rankings, but I see this week I moved up 300k places! From 766k to 466k. Like you say fine margins make a huge difference. 

Bastard. You're ahead of me :P 

6 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Well,even though I could not field 11 players I still managed to move up 2 places to 35.I had 2 fullbacks injured and my 2 Villa players obviously did not play.So overall,happy with that result.

You've not done too badly considering the 2 Leeds boys stinking out your midfield and Castagne sitting perpetually injured on your bench. You are making things hard for yourself though. You haven't transferred anyone for 3 weeks. You could have used some of those wasted transfers to address some of the issues around the fringes of your squad.

• Like 1

It was a truly shocking week.

As I said I got greedy. if I'd done nothing I'd have done better (I sold Son).

If I'd done one transfer to go Son to KDB I'd have done far better.

But because that only left me with 10 players i got greedy and did a -4 (Son to Mahrez and Dunne to James)

One to forget for me

On 08/12/2020 at 09:46, It's Your Round said:

I used my wildcard last week to bring in some big hitters. I thought I’d wasted it after the Villa game was postponed, as I’ve got a very cheap bench that rarely feature. Ended up with 83 points this GW though so can’t complain, and with the Villa lads back for Wolves, I think I’ve got a decent team now. It’s valued at £102.1m so it’s not gone down in value. 

F4F040CB-7476-4CDF-8B22-47ADE535713D.jpeg

Hey that's (pretty much) my team!

tenor.gif?itemid=11796793

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BOF said:

Interesting that all the DGW teams in 19 are going to be blanks in GW18 (according to Crellin)

That makes it quite hard to navigate imo. You can't load up on DGW players because they all won't score in 19.

It'll be a key couple of weeks

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Interesting that all the DGW teams in 19 are going to be blanks in GW18 (according to Crellin)

That makes it quite hard to navigate imo. You can't load up on DGW players because they all won't score in 19.

It'll be a key couple of weeks

It'll be a week for tokens. It just depends how you use them.  My current plan, which may change, is to assume a lot of blanks in 18, completely ignore 18 with regards to transfers leading up to it and use a free hit there.  Cover my regular squad for the DGW 19 with normal transfers and try to hold on to my wildcard for the DGW later in the season.  Possibly try and use bench boost in 19 if I can get covered enough.  It all depends how the DGW pans out and how covered I can be.  We'll know soon enough what the DGW fixtures are going to be once the January TV schedule is announced.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

It'll be a week for tokens. It just depends how you use them.  My current plan, which may change, is to assume a lot of blanks in 18, completely ignore 18 with regards to transfers leading up to it and use a free hit there.  Cover my regular squad for the DGW 19 with normal transfers and try to hold on to my wildcard for the DGW later in the season.  Possibly try and use bench boost in 19 if I can get covered enough.  It all depends how the DGW pans out and how covered I can be.  We'll know soon enough what the DGW fixtures are going to be once the January TV schedule is announced.

Yeah that sounds sensible, considering we won't have the usual doubles later in the season (as far as I know)

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah that sounds sensible, considering we won't have the usual doubles later in the season (as far as I know)

Yeah that's the one thing making me think I could use the WC in 19, but then that's a long time to go with no WC.

2 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Don't know how I didn't spot this section/thread earlier. Is the VT League closed to entrants now?

Nope, but if you join and go to the top I'll make it my mission to get you booted out :P

• Haha 2

On 28/08/2020 at 23:55, BOF said:
On 28/08/2020 at 23:50, TrentVilla said:

League code - vzmgiy

That's easy to remember, as it's the noise you make when you catch your flute in your zip.

Here you go.

19 minutes ago, BOF said:

Nope, but if you join and go to the top I'll make it my mission to get you booted out :P

Haha ah ****, I'm doing quite well at the moment. I might have to give it a few weeks until I'm in a lull before I join. What is the current leader's overall rank?

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Here you go.

Cheers

6 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Haha ah ****, I'm doing quite well at the moment. I might have to give it a few weeks until I'm in a lull before I join. What is the current leader's overall rank?

Current VT leader is 2,872nd overall on 760pts.