Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

This is the first season where I've gone into it with a solid plan, researched relentlessly before the season started and had a brilliant first GW.

Since then I've completely fallen apart, everything I have done has been wrong. Wildcarded last week and ended up with less points than I would have had with my prior team.

I think this season more than any I can remember, you don't chase the points. Cuz the scoring seems to be on and off. I think patience is key even more than it normally is. Trust your team. But it is hard to do. 

• Like 1

Fairly solid week for me, finishing up on 70 points. My transfer of Rodriguez to Pulisic massively let me down though.

I now have a 4 week gameplan for transfers to allow me to get some West Ham players in along with Rashford for their turn of fixtures.

70 points is excellent to be honest.

I'm on 52 with Dallas and Justin to play tonight but not expecting much from them. 

It's been an ok week, but I was a victim of Pulisic as well. Swapped Barnes for Pulisic and Rodriguez for Zaha this week. 2 FTs but feels like a total waste. Zaha was only ever going to be a short term fix but I wish I'd just gone Rodriguez to Pulisic and saved myself a transfer. I'd at least have Barnes playing tonight

I'm beginning to look at a wildcard team now.  I looked at my current team versus what I would have from week 9/10 onwards and there's only about 3 or 4 outfield players I would keep from my current team. The fixtures turn in a few weeks and I'll be looking at City, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, Villa, Leicester, United & Liverpool. Even Newcastle are tasty from 10 on.  It does mean probably getting rid of one or both of Kane and Son as their fixtures turn too, but I'll know more in a few weeks. Can't have everyone.

My wife knows next to nothing about football, but I got her to set a team up and join my little league. I didn't help her pick her team at all.

She forgets to pick her team most weeks and has only made 2 or 3 transfers.

She has 479 points. If she was in the VT league, she'd be 3rd.

I have a measly 358 points.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

My wife knows next to nothing about football, but I got her to set a team up and join my little league. I didn't help her pick her team at all.

She forgets to pick her team most weeks and has only made 2 or 3 transfers.

She has 479 points. If she was in the VT league, she'd be 3rd.

I have a measly 358 points.

Yeah when I 'met her for coffee' early Friday I warned her not to sell Mitrovic this gameweek. 'Less is more' seems to be her philosophy, which suits me fine.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah when I 'met her for coffee' early Friday I warned her not to sell Mitrovic this gameweek. 'Less is more' seems to be her philosophy, which suits me fine.

cover4.jpg

Funnily enough, she did sell Mitrovic this week...she put Wilson in -_-

5 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

cover4.jpg

Funnily enough, she did sell Mitrovic this week...she put Wilson in -_-

I know. I did my research. I'm **** wasted here.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Ah you clever sausage! I guess I did leave enough clues.:lol:

That reminds me, if a package arrives in the next few days just leave it in the hallway, I'll pick it up when I can :thumb:

• Haha 1

Wildcard activated ...

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

I've been making too much progress up the ranks (446k now). So I've decided to nip that in the bud straight away and completely change my squad. That should do it!

As it stands I'm changing 10 of my team with a definite plan to change 2 more for GW10. I'm following the fixtures and jumping off some high powered assets.

• Haha 1

I'm hoping to hang on until nearer Christmas to use the wildcard but will have to see what this international break does to my team. I'm sitting at 750k so far so not to bad but could do with a boost, had a few awful weeks which hasn't helped. Finally shipped TAA out though as couldn't hold off any longer. 

Apart from Salah who I can't sell because of price increase,  I'm unscathed.  OK Chilwell has a back spasm but you'd expect that will be OK for the weekend.

49 minutes ago, BOF said:

Apart from Salah who I can't sell because of price increase,  I'm unscathed.  OK Chilwell has a back spasm but you'd expect that will be OK for the weekend.

Yeah I did Trent to Chilwell early, which I knew was risky, but trent being injured anyway made it a no brainer. I'd expect Chilwell to play.

But yeah apart from that i'm the same. Just waiting on Salah but happy to hold him if he's only going to miss a week. Even two.

I planned to take a -4 this week which I think I'll still do but will leave it until the last minute even if it means missing out on a price rise (which I already have for one of my potential targets)

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Could be an interesting weekend. Lots of free hits to be played I imagine!

Currently have 7 players out injured with only 1 free transfer this week... I'll see after the last international games but yeah I think I might need to! 

I've added 2 new FDRs to my spreadsheet.  Scoring FDR and conceding FDR. I regard my back 4 and my front 7 as almost 2 separate teams, because the defence are tasked primarily with keeping clean sheets, so the opponent's ability to score is more relevant to my defence than my opponent's propensity for keeping clean sheets. Similar my front 7 are there to score goals, so it's more relevant to them how effective my opponent's defence is than whether I'm likely to concede. Yes I have too much time.

• Like 1