Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

10 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

After fielding a squad with six players that didn’t play this week, I’ve still managed to pick up 75 points with one more to play tomorrow. Captaining Salah instead of Kane paid off nicely. 

Nice. And I'm stumbling to 63 with McCarthy to play.

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Possible postponement coming so better take all of those Newcastle and West Brom players out...

...oh wait.

50,000 jumped on Sam Johnstone last week in time to get his 0pt haul against Palace, and over 4,000 more have hopped on him for next week. Chortle.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Nice. And I'm stumbling to 63 with McCarthy to play.

53 with McCarthy and Armstrong to play.

I'm having a truly shocking season. I was very close to doing a -16 last night out of desperation. I resisted

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

53 with McCarthy and Armstrong to play.

I'm having a truly shocking season. I was very close to doing a -16 last night out of desperation. I resisted

You don't have a bad team. I would suggest you need more premium assets though. You've spread your money too evenly amongst the middle pricers. IMHO that doesn't typically work because they've a relatively low ceiling. The points difference from budget to medium isn't huge but the difference from medium to premium can be enormous. You're not far away though and there's more than enough time to turn it around (as I'm sure you well know :thumb:).

42 minutes ago, BOF said:

You don't have a bad team. I would suggest you need more premium assets though. You've spread your money too evenly amongst the middle pricers. IMHO that doesn't typically work because they've a relatively low ceiling. The points difference from budget to medium isn't huge but the difference from medium to premium can be enormous. You're not far away though and there's more than enough time to turn it around (as I'm sure you well know :thumb:).

Yep I completely agree. I made a massive **** up going for Mahrez and improving my defence. I had the money to go KDB and I didn't thinking I needed to invest in the defence. I knew it was risky and it's bit me in the arse.

I'm rectifying that over the next couple of weeks. I can get to a midfield of Bruno, Salah, KDB, Grealish and Son by then. The frustrating thing is I could have had that by next week if I didn't go the other way. I got greedy
It would mean selling DCL though. So that's the decision I need to make. Is having KDB going to be more beneficial than Mahrez + DCL?

Edited by Stevo985

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep I completely agree. I made a massive **** up going for Mahrez and improving my defence. I had the money to go KDB and I didn't thinking I needed to invest in the defence. I knew it was risky and it's bit me in the arse.

I'm rectifying that over the next couple of weeks. I can get to a midfield of Bruno, Salah, KDB, Grealish and Son by then. The frustrating thing is I could have had that by next week if I didn't go the other way. I got greedy
It would mean selling DCL though. So that's the decision I need to make. Is having KDB going to be more beneficial than Mahrez + DCL?

I think so. Mahrez is way too streaky for me and he's too expensive to tolerate, and he's a constant rotation risk. Even more than most players at City. KDB gives you that warm fuzzy feeling. Similar with Jota versus Salah. People rightly flocking to Jota at 7.0, but he got 1pt to Salah's 14 last night. There's no compensating for premium assets over a long period.  But tbqh all bets are off over December. That is probably going to be chaos. As I've said elsewhere I think the thing to have over December might be a playing bench.  Something I don't have now, especially with Trent coming back last night. Although ironically the December rotation might make mine a playing bench :P 

• Like 1

I can't seem to find my matchup page that shows who my opponent is week to week. Does it even exist? I really wish Yahoo would do Premier League fantasy, their interface is so much better.

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I can't seem to find my matchup page that shows who my opponent is week to week. Does it even exist? I really wish Yahoo would do Premier League fantasy, their interface is so much better.

In head to head? There isn't a VillaTalk H2H league (or if there is, I'm not in it :P). In your other H2H leagues there'll be a 'Matches' tab showing your previous results and all your future fixtures.  You can also see the next 2 weeks' full league fixture list. So the only thing you can't see is the other matchups (the ones you're not a part of) apart from the next 2 weeks.

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

In head to head? There isn't a VillaTalk H2H league (or if there is, I'm not in it :P). In your other H2H leagues there'll be a 'Matches' tab showing your previous results and all your future fixtures.  You can also see the next 2 weeks' full league fixture list. So the only thing you can't see is the other matchups (the ones you're not a part of) apart from the next 2 weeks.

But I cant find my current matchup as it's being played which is very :bang:

Just now, Hornso said:

image.png.5b0c4bca9706e4a9cf97db2c63b23e96.png

On the League tab, click Fixtures above the table to see the current round matchup. Results for previous game weeks.

Thanks yeah, I already found it. I'm too accustomed to Yahoo I think!

• Like 1

I used my wildcard last week to bring in some big hitters. I thought I’d wasted it after the Villa game was postponed, as I’ve got a very cheap bench that rarely feature. Ended up with 83 points this GW though so can’t complain, and with the Villa lads back for Wolves, I think I’ve got a decent team now. It’s valued at £102.1m so it’s not gone down in value. 

F4F040CB-7476-4CDF-8B22-47ADE535713D.jpeg

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 1

Vestergaard is that classic budget defender who I haven't brought in on the basis that 'he can't keep doing what he's doing' while I stare at his points and he continues to keep 'doing what he's doing', and everyone else seems to own him.

I think there's a big template emerging.  By which I mean not a single team template but maybe a 15 starter template and every active team has a selection of those core players. The only difference now is whose premium player hauls on any given week. I skilfully managed to avoid all the hauls this week bar KDB. Hopefully it's my turn next week. I just need to sit tight now. I have a great team. I just need the patience to allow it to come good.

So I dropped from 434k to 580k. Down 33%. Given how congested it is that's not terrible. I'm level on points with a work colleague yet he's 11k higher than me in the game. One transfer hit will drop you easily 40-50k.