Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

Yeah DCL is v tempting but I already have Richarlison and had to use my FT to change Son with his injury. Brought in KDB for him so not too badly stung by price rise on him given he’ll likely be in my team all season if he stays injury free. 

Konsa carrying my team at the moment!

I escaped with a 35-8 and a new rank of 3.1m. Son is the new fire in the barn and he's now (back) down to 9.0m. I have a cunning plan. If I can roll this week* then I'll double him out with someone else.

* The 'if' depends on him dropping to 8.9 or not.

44 points for me, which I will take considering Podence didn't play, Son off at HT. I already made my transfer from Werner to Jimenez and I was considering a -4 from Mitro to Calvert Lewin but that's going to have to wait now for sure, struggling to find a Son replacement I like.

18 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

struggling to find a Son replacement I like.

Yeah it's a strange price bracket. Chelsea misfiring makes it trickier as they should be the answer. 

• 3 weeks later...

They've updated the Fixture Difficulty Ratings (FDR). Villa have been moved up to a difficulty 3 for both home & away games #respect.

FDR=2 has gone from 17 fixtures down to 11
FDR=3 has gone from 13 to 16
FDR=4 has gone from 8 to 11
FDR=5 is still just the 2, away to pool & City.

Can't help but feel they could use FDR=1 at home to Flum :D  :lol:

• Like 1

I've wildcarded this week.

Bit nervous doing it to be honest as it still feels very uncertain. I don't think everything has settled yet, especially with Covid hanging around.

But I had 5 or 6 transfers I wanted to make so I've gone for it.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've wildcarded this week.

Bit nervous doing it to be honest as it still feels very uncertain. I don't think everything has settled yet, especially with Covid hanging around.

But I had 5 or 6 transfers I wanted to make so I've gone for it.

It feels like half the game are wildcarding this week, or maybe that's just the impression I'm getting from the twitter echo chamber.  I haven't. I'm still sitting on 2FT waiting to pull the trigger.  My plan was to bring in Kane up front for Jimenez and find the money by either downgrading KDB or Trent by the 2m.  But Kane's eye test against Denmark was piss poor and now I'm wondering if hanging on to Jimmy with a game against leaky Leeds might be the thing to do. I'm in a strong position so can't complain. I'll be waiting on the press conferences more than normal this week.

7 minutes ago, BOF said:

It feels like half the game are wildcarding this week, or maybe that's just the impression I'm getting from the twitter echo chamber.  I haven't. I'm still sitting on 2FT waiting to pull the trigger.  My plan was to bring in Kane up front for Jimenez and find the money by either downgrading KDB or Trent by the 2m.  But Kane's eye test against Denmark was piss poor and now I'm wondering if hanging on to Jimmy with a game against leaky Leeds might be the thing to do. I'm in a strong position so can't complain. I'll be waiting on the press conferences more than normal this week.

Yeah I think it's a natural time to do it with the break and the number of price rises that happen.

I didn't have any FTs and plenty of moves I wanted to make. Kane was one of them so he's in. and I've downgraded KDB to Son but have the cash left to bring him back in when City settle and their fixtures improve.

Happy with my team but the way the season is going it'll probably be garbage by next week!

3 hours ago, BOF said:

They've updated the Fixture Difficulty Ratings (FDR). Villa have been moved up to a difficulty 3 for both home & away games #respect.

FDR=2 has gone from 17 fixtures down to 11
FDR=3 has gone from 13 to 16
FDR=4 has gone from 8 to 11
FDR=5 is still just the 2, away to pool & City.

Can't help but feel they could use FDR=1 at home to Flum :D  :lol:

BOF,What does all this mean.I havent got a clue as to what you are talking about.Could you explain please ?!

47 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

BOF,What does all this mean.I havent got a clue as to what you are talking about.Could you explain please ?!

It's just an arbitrary value the website puts on the difficulty of each game.  So playing away to Man City is more difficult than playing at home to Fulham. So one gets a 5 and the other gets a 2.  It makes it easier for you to glance at the colour-coding and see which team's upcoming fixtures are easier according to that scale. 

As teams become weaker or stronger over the season, their difficulty value will go up or down.  Villa's just went up from 2 (the easiest opponent) to 3.

Thanks for that BOF,although I dont think I will be using that info much as I pick my team a different way.

Its good to know that Villa have moved up and I hope the Leicester game confirms that rating. 

So nearly 600,000 wildcards this week.  You must be happy with that result @Stevo985.  I have a decent 67 with 2 to play and a current jump of over 300k. Into 6 figures at 707k :lol:Happy with the roadmap.  If only Mitrovic could take his chances.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

So nearly 600,000 wildcards this week.  You must be happy with that result @Stevo985.  I have a decent 67 with 2 to play and a current jump of over 300k. Into 6 figures at 707k :lol:Happy with the roadmap.  If only Mitrovic could take his chances.

Yeah I'm chuffed to be honest. 

Before I dropped the wildcard I'd hastily transferred Maupay in, and then realised I could have got Kane. So I wouldn't have had Kane if I'd not wildcarded and I'd be **** depressed right now! I wouldn't have had Son either.

So yeah I'm happy. If I'm being really picky the last minute Brighton equaliser deprived me of a few more points but can't complain.

And I'm happy with my team now. Couple of concerns but I'll let it ride for a week or two.

7 hours ago, Hornso said:

75 points for me this week which I am happy with.

My question of the week is: TAA - stick or twist?

Well I'll tell you I'm giving Trent one more week home to Sheffield and then we'll revisit, but at the moment he's very much on the chopping block. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hornso said:

75 points for me this week which I am happy with.

My question of the week is: TAA - stick or twist?

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Well I'll tell you I'm giving Trent one more week home to Sheffield and then we'll revisit, but at the moment he's very much on the chopping block. 

Yep I'm the same. I need to plan my transfers but I think one week and then either a straight swap for Robbo or potentially a downgrade to someone like Saiss or Semedo and use the extra money to upgrade someone else to Castagne. I'm rolling my transfer this week so I should be able to do that without a hit.

I'm scared of taking  Trent out though. Last season I took him out so I could afford Son. Gave Son the armband and he got sent off and then the following week Trent got that massive haul of a goal and three assists plus a clean sheet or something. Like a 28 point game or something stupid :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep I'm the same. I need to plan my transfers but I think one week and then either a straight swap for Robbo or potentially a downgrade to someone like Saiss or Semedo and use the extra money to upgrade someone else to Castagne. I'm rolling my transfer this week so I should be able to do that without a hit.

I'm scared of taking  Trent out though. Last season I took him out so I could afford Son. Gave Son the armband and he got sent off and then the following week Trent got that massive haul of a goal and three assists plus a clean sheet or something. Like a 28 point game or something stupid :D 

I dunno about Liverpool defence tbh. Without Alisson and VVD I worry about the clean sheets, and they have to be the bread and butter for a defender.  If you're relying on his attacking returns then I'd only be on Trent. So it's him or move off Liverpool and re-invest elsewhere for me.  But we'll see.  I've made my one move for the upcoming gameweek so I'll wait and see what happens.  I could be somewhere completely different if Trent gives 3 attacking returns against United and then I'm telling myself he has turned it around :lol:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BOF said:

I dunno about Liverpool defence tbh. Without Alisson and VVD I worry about the clean sheets, and they have to be the bread and butter for a defender.  If you're relying on his attacking returns then I'd only be on Trent. So it's him or move off Liverpool and re-invest elsewhere for me.  But we'll see.  I've made my one move for the upcoming gameweek so I'll wait and see what happens.  I could be somewhere completely different if Trent gives 3 attacking returns against United and then I'm telling myself he has turned it around :lol:

Yeah I agree with this. VVD being out almost made my decision for me to be honest. it's one of them where I almost want him to do nothing next week so I have an excuse to get rid of him :D 

IT's weird because I nearly played my wildcard before gameweek 4. I had my team ready and was hovering over the button. And that team had Robbo AND Trent in it which would have been a terrible move in retrospect.

I still think that's a viable tactic if Liverpool regain their defensive form, but like you say no VVD and no Alisson makes it a totally different proposition.