Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Great score. Assume you captained Salah? :D

That seems to be the big difference between an ok score and a great score this week

Yes. Was unsure which Liverpool midfielder to pick, but ended up with him as C. 

Think I got Schmeichel, Tierney, Arnold, Digne, Salah, Abongemangyang, Perez, Trossard, Abraham, Calvin @ Everton and Biayushi or whatever his name is. 

Biayushi didn't play and had the Leicester left back as first sub. 

• Like 1

64 for me.

Not great but not terrible. I'd be a lot happier if I'd chosen the right captain, but I seem to be on a run of about 20 gameweeks where I haven't chosen correctly.

Faith that my team is good for the long run. Plenty of options if it isn't.

• Like 1

Saiss a great one to have. Sounds like he could easily have scored a second too. Friend of mine had Reece James and Podence which are lovely differentials early on.

Biggest concerns for me short term is probably Havertz (he was awful last night but I think it's just match fitness). I thought Werner looked lively last night. Chelsea were shit but with better service I think he'll score a shit load

I scored 68 points and as it was my very first game AND taking into consideration I only had 8 players on the park I am very happy with that.The reason I only had 8 players is ( a beginners mistake ) I had de Gea ,Walker and Giroud in my team,none of them played.I have learnt from that.

• Like 2

I've done a minus 8 :lol: Aggressive early moves while pricing is favourable. I'm also about 2 weeks ahead of schedule w.r.t. squad manipulation now and I'll happily swallow the 8.  I don't plan on making a habit of it, but I wouldn't have been able to get those players in next week.

11 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I have 3 Villa players in my squad and somehow it does not seem right  to have that many from the same team.Any advice would be much appreciated. 

There's no problem tripling up on one team if the assets are all worth it and are returning you points. Especially if they're in different positions.  I wouldn't triple up in defence because 1 goal conceded wipes out 3 clean sheets, but that's about it.  The only thing about tripling up on a team is if you fancy someone else from that team, it can take 2 transfers to get them in.  Don't triple up if one of them is a useless sub (Vassilev) if you think you might want to bring in a Grealish or a Watkins in a few weeks and have no space to do so.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I've done a minus 8 :lol: Aggressive early moves while pricing is favourable. I'm also about 2 weeks ahead of schedule w.r.t. squad manipulation now and I'll happily swallow the 8.  I don't plan on making a habit of it, but I wouldn't have been able to get those players in next week.

That is very aggressive!

I've made one transfer, which was the one I planned to make before we started (ASM to Greenwood). Only a big performance from ASM would have changed my mind there. Kind of wishing I'd gone for Podence (which I'm not just saying, I had genuinely considered) and used the extra money to swap Havertz for Bruno

Plan now is to save a FT next week and then use two the week after when we've got a bit more of an idea of who's who

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

That is very aggressive!

I did hum and haw about it as I'm loathe to drop 8 like that. I had made the one planned transfer of Son to Fernandes, and then I was looking at the other 2 and thinking I will regret it. One of them was one I was looking to do in week 3 or 4 anyway, and the other was a bit of a week 1 emergence.  Both of whom will go up in value so on one hand I really brought a -4 forward by a week to get him cheaper and the other was unplanned. So I'd say it's a net -4 assuming I don't have another brainfart next weekend :D 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Kind of wishing I'd gone for Podence (which I'm not just saying, I had genuinely considered)

The one player in my draft for the entire time, only to be "upgraded" at the last minute was Jorginho. A 5.0 mid on penalties. I figured even with the new signings he'd be the steady Eddie with the potential to haul, but he wasn't glamourous enough and I went for shiny shiny instead (ASM).  Very annoying watching him do that last night.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BOF said:

There's no problem tripling up on one team if the assets are all worth it and are returning you points. Especially if they're in different positions.  I wouldn't triple up in defence because 1 goal conceded wipes out 3 clean sheets, but that's about it.  The only thing about tripling up on a team is if you fancy someone else from that team, it can take 2 transfers to get them in.  Don't triple up if one of them is a useless sub (Vassilev) if you think you might want to bring in a Grealish or a Watkins in a few weeks and have no space to do so.

The 3 Villa players I have,are Grealish,David Luiz and Mings 

52 minutes ago, BOF said:

The one player in my draft for the entire time, only to be "upgraded" at the last minute was Jorginho. A 5.0 mid on penalties. I figured even with the new signings he'd be the steady Eddie with the potential to haul, but he wasn't glamourous enough and I went for shiny shiny instead (ASM).  Very annoying watching him do that last night.

Yeah that's frustrating.

I had only considered Podence, he never actually made it into a draft.

Reece James on the other hand was in most of my drafts right until Friday evening when I decided I couldn't quite afford a 5m defender so downgraded him. To be fair I went for Justin instead which isn't that bad, but still.

6 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Well,I got rid of Giroud and bought Patrick Bamford.Just have to replace 2 midfielders and 1 defender and I am set.Learning all the time.

Not a bad move for this week

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've got Calvin. Was 'this' close to making him captain and triple cap last night. Instead I went with abomangyang. 

So annoying. 

Oh well at least I got him. 

Amazing. 

it’s very hard to ignore Everton now

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Anyone else use the app for this ?

all my week one scores are showing incorrect values , havertz scored 2 points , Salah was 20 etc 

No biggie just curious if it’s only happening to me 

7F941117-7060-491A-BF06-C7F425166E65.jpeg

It’s happened to me before. Deleting the app and reinstalling it usually works

• Thanks 1