Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

6 hours ago, BOF said:

I don't use the official app. I think it's terrible. 

I don't use it for anything other than checking my score. It's awful for actually trying to do anything like transfers

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's been a weird week for me so far. My team is doing ok, but there have been some huge hauls from a lot of people I don't own. So it's going to be a rank killer

I’m in a similar position. Got 3 Leicester players so hopefully they go big (Justin, Perez, Vardy) and then Watkins and Konsa tomorrow.

Saved my FT last week so I’d have two to bring in KDB/Sterling for Auba after this week but already bottled that and have gone for Son to jump on his inevitable price rise (after he’d dropped 0.1 last week) - his fixtures are also potentially better than City’s.

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's been a weird week for me so far. My team is doing ok, but there have been some huge hauls from a lot of people I don't own. So it's going to be a rank killer

Justin made it a bit more bearable yesterday. Still got Foden to play today so hoping for a return from him to keep me above the average for the week.

The price changes for new signings seems to be weird this season. I made an early change (Havertz out for Rodriguez) two nights ago because both looked like they were going to change (James rise and Havertz fall) but they haven't. Same again last night. They must have different thresholds

Good start for me on 153 points total and have two free transfer to roll with.

Haven't been too impressed with Werner or Ings so far but both play WBA in the next two GWs so will hold tight for now. Auba has tough fixtures and Saint Max was a punt gone wrong so KDB/Sterling will be going in and if Pondence starts tonight and does well he's likely to be the other. Wolves have great fixtures and with the amount of pens being given out it's tempting to take one of the striker out for Jimenez. 

57 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Good start for me on 153 points total and have two free transfer to roll with.

Haven't been too impressed with Werner or Ings so far but both play WBA in the next two GWs so will hold tight for now. Auba has tough fixtures and Saint Max was a punt gone wrong so KDB/Sterling will be going in and if Pondence starts tonight and does well he's likely to be the other. Wolves have great fixtures and with the amount of pens being given out it's tempting to take one of the striker out for Jimenez. 

Word of caution on Podence/Neto. With the signing of rightback Nelson Semedo, Traore will probably move back up to right wing, meaning Podence and Neto fighting over one spot.

Bought Laporte as I thought he was the only guaranteed players to start for city and forgot his injury record so that's left me hoping Jimenez can bag a goal tonight. 

My team was an absolute start last week so decided to just scrap the whole lot and use a wildcard in the first week, started again. Meant I bought in and captained Calvert-Lewin though so already feeling like a good decision. 

10 hours ago, BOF said:

Word of caution on Podence/Neto. With the signing of rightback Nelson Semedo, Traore will probably move back up to right wing, meaning Podence and Neto fighting over one spot.

Yeh I did see this, Podence scores or does well he might get a bit of a run but its very risky and I'd rather someone locked in for a few games. Not many options around that price point though.

KDB playing his way into my team over Sterling though, so many pens first two GWs.

35 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Yeh I did see this, Podence scores or does well he might get a bit of a run but its very risky and I'd rather someone locked in for a few games. Not many options around that price point though.

KDB playing his way into my team over Sterling though, so many pens first two GWs.

Yeah I don't like 5.5. Armstrong back for Saints is an option.

17 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Just got a nice assist, has looked decent and is on corners now Neves has gone off. West Ham, Fulham, Leeds, Newcastle up next, luring me in this is.

He has looked really good this evening. 

Yeah Podence is definitely on the radar. Not this week for me, but if Greenwood doesn't work out I'd be happy to switch to Podence and invest the saving elsewhere.

Goal for Foden tonight rounded off the week nicely for me. 

61 points. Not amazing but decent enough given so many other players scored big.

53 minutes ago, chappy said:

Transferred Vardy out for Werner based on the fixtures :bang:

Ouch!

I've got rid of Werner after that blank. Got it done before any price changes.

Went for DCL. Really wanted to go for Jimenez or Ings but the extra money is useful and DCL keeps rising in price so capturing some of that value.