Fixtures 20/21

Demitri_C

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Better to get city or liverpool out way earlier esp if away. First home game someone like burnley or brighton woukd be good

Aye, nothing like starting the next 37 games with a -5 goal difference😄

winnable games I think. The transfer window lasts a full month after the season has started. If we can have 3/4 wins under our belts and that helps players choose us, that could be significant. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Aye, nothing like starting the next 37 games with a -5 goal difference😄

Teams tends to not hit top gear for a few weeks. We almost beat spurs last year in their turf.  So even if we lose by a odd goal not too bad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skarroki said:

Full ‘leaked’ 20/21 opening day
Brighton vs Sheffield United
Chelsea vs Southampton
Everton vs Fulham
Leeds United vs Newcastle United
Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
Manchester United vs Arsenal
Tottenham vs Aston Villa
West Brom vs Burnley
West Ham vs Liverpool
Wolves vs Leicester

That would be taking the fizzy red bullock stuff it that happened. 

4 hours ago, skarroki said:

Full ‘leaked’ 20/21 opening day
Brighton vs Sheffield United
Chelsea vs Southampton
Everton vs Fulham
Leeds United vs Newcastle United
Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
Manchester United vs Arsenal
Tottenham vs Aston Villa
West Brom vs Burnley
West Ham vs Liverpool
Wolves vs Leicester

West Brom and Wolves, Man Citeh and Man United both at home same week.  They've not exactly gone deep fake have they 🤣😂🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

That would be taking the fizzy red bullock stuff it that happened. 

Some sad loser again trying to be a celebrity for the day. 

There is no chance city and united will be hope same day like wba and wolves

12 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

There wont be fans so would it matter?

Because what about when fans are back? They would need to reorganise the whole fixture list. It would be a logistical nightmare 

16 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

There wont be fans so would it matter?

There will be fans at some point and once the weeks are in line it's going to be hard to split them back out again later. 

I should imagine the whole fixture thing is difficult enough to juggle without starting off on one footing and then having to change it half way through, surely just better to plan it all out from day 1.

Also they don't know when fans will come back, you need it right from the off, maybe the Government will say OK before we even start.  I heard something today about some lower league teams can admit some fans already. 

Hoping for Palace at home first up given we beat them with ease just a few weeks ago so that would be one we'd be feeling confident going into. Arsenal early up would be good aswell.

Let's be honest though we'll be looking more at 2021 fixtures as that's when it will be far more realistic for more of us off here to go and actually the new signings and Grealish and Luiz live in the flesh again.

From what Dem posted there's going to be 19 matchdays from Wednesday 27th January so half a season crammed into just over three months so could have 9 or 10 home games still to play in that timeframe. It's clear premier league are gambling once most of winter is out of the way and they'll be a vaccine coming into play around that point so things can hopefully get back to the old normal from Feb 2021 onwards.

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

There will be fans at some point and once the weeks are in line it's going to be hard to split them back out again later. 

I should imagine the whole fixture thing is difficult enough to juggle without starting off on one footing and then having to change it half way through, surely just better to plan it all out from day 1.

Also they don't know when fans will come back, you need it right from the off, maybe the Government will say OK before we even start.  I heard something today about some lower league teams can admit some fans already. 

Even if fans are allowed back it's only going to be a third initally (and probably no away fans). 14k in Villa Park so that covers just about 2/3 of our season ticket base.

I'd be amazed if there's full houses again anytime before Feb 2021. Could easily be 21/22 before we get 42k crowds at VP again as was the norm for the last 18 months.

Hope I'm wrong but talk of Birmingham going into a local lockdown again today shows how far away we're from this crisis being over.

Can't say I'm that enthused for this season even if we sign some decent players as any good wins we have like Arsenal will feel pretty empty without us being there to witness it.

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Teams tends to not hit top gear for a few weeks. We almost beat spurs last year in their turf.  So even if we lose by a odd goal not too bad.

Wasn’t opening game last season Liverpool Norwich, I think Liverpool got at least 4 that evening. 

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Wasn’t opening game last season Liverpool Norwich, I think Liverpool got at least 4 that evening. 

Man. City lost to Norwich in 5th or 6th game last season, Chelsea drew with Sheffield United in third game and Spurs lost at home to Newcastle. Man. United lost at home to Palace and drew at Southampton in August.

It's usually better to play the top 6 early on than in mid season when they're usually hitting form. I think this year will be different with the quick turnaround. Anyone like us who ended the season in good form should be pretty confident of making a decent start.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Because what about when fans are back? They would need to reorganise the whole fixture list. It would be a logistical nightmare 

It really wouldn’t. It gets their home games out the way now with no fans so it only makes it easier later. If they were both away then your point would absolutely make sense. (Not that I have any clue that this list is in any way legit). 

Also it could easily be Man United home on a Friday night and Man City on a Sunday afternoon, for instance.

But more likely it’s just bollocks.

Â