Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

30 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Dear me. I gave his name as an example. Matt Law, Gregg Evans etc. If Rashica had rejected our offer, someone would have written the story by now.

Gregg Evans alongside Percy and Law?

But have any of them commented on Rashica?

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It seems to me he has two choices at the moment. Stay at WB and wait for another CL club to meet the asking price but risk it not happening or join us.

Decisions decisions.

They can't all play in the champions league.....it used to be novel to earn it, not just join a team that have.....it sometimes makes a case about their character, we might be dodging a bullet, is another view.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Let's look at it from this angle for a second.

What if I had posted on this board last week that Villa have made a bid for Werder Breman Milot Rashica.

Stacey Adams* in the ticket office told me that we have made a bid for him and he will be signed and then announced on Friday the 21st August 2020.

Firstly, Rashica doesn't sign on Friday the 21st August and can you imagine the shit storm that would be going on in here right now?

Secondly, Stacey gets her arse booted for the obvious reasons and I've risked her career and her losing her job and the press are all over the signing and announce it before Villa can do shit about it..

Or the scenario is that the player does eventually sign and Stacey still gets her arse kicked and sacked anyway for spilling the info to me in the first place which led it to being posted on a forum worldwide forum for everyone and their neighbour to see.

I am sure Stacey would prefer me to be a tease on a forum than a career ruining arsehole.

* suspiciously googles " Stacey Adams Aston Villa ticket office Milot Rashica Friday 2020"

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, hippo said:

VT of old this thread would of been closed. There's just nothing to suggest he is coming to join us.

Trouble is......a bit of pace on the wing and we are anybody's.

• Like 2

Just now, rayk said:

So Raschica apparently turns down Liverpool and Milan in late July because he wants to go to Leipzig.....

https://bulinews.com/news/5593/report-milot-rashica-turns-down-liverpool-and-milan-he-eyes-leipzig-move

But hey, as soon as we’re interested (again...) of course he’s interested in signing for us.

I bet you are fun at parties

• Haha 1

Just now, rayk said:

At least I’m not quoting a WB fan as fact lol

So if Rashica isn’t desperate to join RBL despite all the noise and yet we’ve apparently had an offer accepted .....why isn’t he here yet?

I never quoted a fan as fact. I gave it as an example of how they're laughing at how bad the offer was.

Likewise, why are you using quoteless stories as fact?

The rumour was we had an offer accepted about 2 days ago. Why would a transfer be completed that quickly if it didn't need to be? There's 2 months left of the window. The bigger the transfer, the longer it takes, generally.

18 minutes ago, rayk said:

No, but Oronokos was saying that unless we hear fromPercy that Rashica doesn’t want to join the logic should be he does.

And that’s just bonkers logic.

Waiting for an actual story is bonkers logic? You're acting like we've had a story from Percy saying he's rejected us. That was my point. I wasn't saying Percy needs to write a story on every player that rejects us. I was saying you're acting like he already has.

24 minutes ago, rayk said:

@Okonokos Why are you so invested in this Rashica deal? 

Sure he’s a great player and I’d love him at VP but I can also form a view of the media and previous failed transfers to be pretty confident that at the moment this one really ain’t happening.

He wants RBL and will hold out to transfer deadline day if he has to.

Would you be prepared for him to mess us around, keep us guessing ALL window, only then to turn around on deadline day and lie....sorry say ‘I’d love to play for Villa’?

Imo, no way would I want that player.

I would love him to join. He's a great player and exactly what we need. I'm not "invested" per se. The link came up and there seemed to be quite a lot of smoke which led to me following the thread and it's been enjoyable, in my opinion. That's it. I have no idea if he will join or not. I just know that he could do and there's no reason to think he's flat out rejected us.

You're making so many assumptions in bold. Who says he will mess us around all window? That's a baseless conclusion to jump to. We've been linked to him for a week and rumoured to have had a bid accepted 2 days ago and he hasn't joined yet so that means he's messing up around? Is he not allowed to consider he options for at least a few days?

Why are you so invested in telling people he's not joining?

4 minutes ago, rayk said:

Gregg Evans alongside Percy and Law?

But have any of them commented on Rashica?

No, what's your point? You're acting like someone has written a headline story about how he's rejected us. Nobody has written that story, that's my point.

26 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

I'm assuming @Okonokos knows something we don't. From the tenuous links in the first place, to the constant news from Germany suggesting he doesn't want to come to Villa, this deal just isn't happening. The fact a couple in here are teasing info that seem to know more is the only suggestion for me we may be able to get him.

I'm about as ITK as a dead fish. I know nothing at all. I have no idea whether we will or won't get him. We probably won't but I wouldn't say it's a certainty and I definitely haven't read anything to suggest he won't even consider us.

16 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Let's look at it from this angle for a second.

What if I had posted on this board last week that Villa have made a bid for Werder Breman Milot Rashica.

Stacey Adams* in the ticket office told me that we have made a bid for him and he will be signed and then announced on Friday the 21st August 2020.

Firstly, Rashica doesn't sign on Friday the 21st August and can you imagine the shit storm that would be going on in here right now?

Secondly, Stacey gets her arse booted for the obvious reasons and I've risked her career and her losing her job and the press are all over the signing and announce it before Villa can do shit about it..

Or the scenario is that the player does eventually sign and Stacey still gets her arse kicked and sacked anyway for spilling the info to me in the first place which led it to being posted on a forum worldwide forum for everyone and their neighbour to see.

I am sure Stacey would prefer me to be a tease on a forum than a career ruining arsehole.

I had a similar experience, with Reo Cokers contretemps......I had an exclusive on it, no one believed me called me an ITK and most backed O'Neill because he was more popular than NRC.....one said where did you get the information ....as if....for the same reason as you claim.

I got it from the horses mouth, the man himself .....his version obviously, but he was later supported by Stan.....O'Neill was out of order.......but how could i disclose that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

No, what's your point? You're acting like someone has written a headline story about how he's rejected us. Nobody has written that story, that's my point.

There are LOADS of stories that would strongly indicate:

(1) He wants to play for RBL

(2) He wants to play CL football

(3) He DOESNT want to play for a relegation club.

How does Villa fit in which that?

• Like 1

We probably had a passing interest in him at some point, but I reckon his agent is leaking false rumours to force Leipzig to up their offer.

The one thing agents know is we have a lot of money, so we can easily be used as leverage because we can afford bigger fees and wages than most European clubs.

But in reality I bet he's not even a current target and we already are looking elsewhere.

Edited by VillanousOne

1 minute ago, TheStagMan said:

Interesting, but I can't seem to find the bit where it says he has rejected a move to us.

Right.....yeah.....rejecting Liverpool .....CL champions....but he’d be interested in us.....brill. 👍

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

We probably had a passing interest in him at some point, but I reckon his agent is leaking false rumours to force Leipzig to up their offer.

The one thing agents know is we have a lot of money, so we can easily be used as leverage because we can afford bigger fees and wages than most European clubs.

But in reality I bet he's not even a current target and we already are looking elsewhere.

I don’t think it’s his agent, I think it’s Werder Bremen.