Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Big improvement this season, he shows his intelligence as a player by continually improving. Scored some good headed goals this season too. So much more to this team than just a striker, he is genuinely lethal now, and his instinctive finishing is very good. His injury record is excellent too.

Very, very happy to have him as our striker, one of the first names on the team sheet.

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

The funny thing about penalties is in FPL winning a penalty is counted as an assist but not in PL assist tally.  Watkins won PL Playmaker with 13. Palmer 2nd with 11. FPL assists Watkins 18 Gordon 16 Palmer 13

I think winning a penalty that is scored should count as an assist. 

So in FPL Watkins had 37 goal contributions. That's insane and also the most of any player with Haaland and Palmer on 35

I wonder how much they'll set his price at for next season's game. Possibly the most expensive Villa player ever in the game.

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Manchester City?

Sane

Jesus

Palmer

Cancelo

Sterling

Danilo 

Zinchenko

Ferran Torres

Douglas Luiz

Shaun Wright Phillips

Yah, I think Man C have a slightly different business model from the one that was proposed above for “teams on the rise”. 🙂

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

The funny thing about penalties is in FPL winning a penalty is counted as an assist but not in PL assist tally.  Watkins won PL Playmaker with 13. Palmer 2nd with 11. FPL assists Watkins 18 Gordon 16 Palmer 13

I think winning a penalty that is scored should count as an assist. 

So in FPL Watkins had 37 goal contributions. That's insane and also the most of any player with Haaland and Palmer on 35

Did he finish on the most points? The statistics section seems to have disappeared with the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Did he finish on the most points? The statistics section seems to have disappeared with the end of the season.

Just found a tweet so can answer myself, not quite, but still damn impressive:

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Palmer and Foden get 1pt for CS and 1pt more for goals as Mids,  and bonus point system points for CS I think

An incredible season with bits of quality I didn't think he had.

Consistent and always available.

If he can lift his performance floor he'll be chasing 30 league goals, not 20.

He should practice pens and be on them, a goal calls another goal for strikers.

2 hours ago, Daulmakan said:

He should practice pens and be on them, a goal calls another goal for strikers.

I’d be willing to bet he has practiced penalties every day for the last decade. For whatever reason, he still misses too many on the field…

• Like 1

BBC article says England are short at left back, but have too many forwards.

Just a reminder that Ollie did once get taken on a summer tour as a reserve left back ...(chapter and verse in this excellent Birmingham Mail article from November)

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ollie-watkins-aston-villa-emery-26630304

Would you put it past Southgate to take Ollie as a reserve left back?😂

• Haha 1

He's in the PL fans team of the season, voted for by the fans 

It's a 4-4- **** 2 formation so it's him and haaland up top

Also worth noting Raya is the GK in that team so while it's obviously brilliant that Ollie is in there that's maybe an even bigger indication than Brexit that people shouldn't be allowed to vote for things 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

He's in the PL fans team of the season, voted for by the fans 

It's a 4-4- **** 2 formation so it's him and haaland up top

Also worth noting Raya is the GK in that team so while it's obviously brilliant that Ollie is in there that's maybe an even bigger indication than Brexit that people shouldn't be allowed to vote for things 

That team contains 4 Arsenal players, 4 from Man City ...plus Ollie, Cole Palmer and TAA

7 minutes ago, Exeter Fan Too said:

That team contains 4 Arsenal players, 4 from Man City ...plus Ollie, Cole Palmer and TAA

Not sure which way round it is but it has ben white and TAA so 2 right backs 

I do wonder with Ollie if we brought in a decent sticker would that affect him. We saw how Ings affected him, although that was under Gerrard, but he seemed to thrive being the number one. 

Apparently, Liverpool are keen on his signature according to the radio. The general consensus is is that it is a once-in-a-lifetime chance and at his age it won’t come along again, et cetera et cetera.zzzzz

Â