Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Achilles injury just before leaving Villa, as stated several times already.

No point having a discussion then if you're gonna use that.

Will just become ifs and buts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

It gets boring after a while. Just don't understand the look at me this player is not great posts when we're flying. Don't people have better hobbies? 

I asked you who's chipping away at him while we're flying? You didn't answer so now we're here. Anyway, I need a break from this thread 🤣

14 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Second best.

Ollie only lacks the brute strength of Tekkers. I think Ollie offers more all-round as well. 

But we don't play that hoofball way to require that strength so it's irrelevant.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turvontour said:

25 goals in all competitions must be his target. He said 20 in the sky interview on Sunday bit I think in all comps he must be aiming for 25.

Probably 30? 20 in the prem, 6 or 7 in conference league 4 or 5 in the FA Cup assuming we want to make a run there too. 

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Benteke scored 44 goals in 7 PL seasons after he left us. Enough said. 

Yeah but he had like 4 Major injuries after he left us. He scored 14 one season at Palace, 2 major injuries took a long time to fully recover and scored like 11 and then had another major injury and was basically done. 

United fans saying Rashford ahead of him for England. Despite way more goals and assists, the “softer” metrics of progressing the ball in the final third, receiving and dribble success has Rashford ahead. 

I do at times struggle to think how Southgate works with his selection but with Watkins now in the middle he’s essentially the Kane replacement, which will be only possible if Kane gets injured. 

hoping Watkins can score a boat load before Christmas and prove he’s really a key striker for the national side 

2 hours ago, kidlewis said:

United fans saying Rashford ahead of him for England. Despite way more goals and assists, the “softer” metrics of progressing the ball in the final third, receiving and dribble success has Rashford ahead.

I do at times struggle to think how Southgate works with his selection but with Watkins now in the middle he’s essentially the Kane replacement, which will be only possible if Kane gets injured. 

hoping Watkins can score a boat load before Christmas and prove he’s really a key striker for the national side 

I'm not sure rashford has played up top for England, Southgate usually plays him on the left

And he's in dreadful form

Should have had a goal and an assist today, did his part as always but didn't get the stats

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Had a quieter game today.

Think he will usually be somewhat quiet in games like this. He’s not going to be involved much with how little pressure Lutron applied and how deep they sat. 

Â