Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Alvarez and I also think Jesus has a better allround game. I didn't say maybe Isak either, I said undoubtedly.

None of the strikers press or hold up the ball at anywhere near the level Ollie does.  Even then you can still only name 5 strikers better than Watkins. Of that 5 we could only dream of affording one, Isak. 3 of them are beyond us, Haaland, Son, and Jesus. The other, Alvarez, is not ready to lead the line as a sole striker. 

Ollie is by far the best striker we get that doesn't blow our wage bill to pieces. Yet there are moans every time he doesn't score. No striker scores every game. At least with Ollie when he doesn't score you get high pressure and the hold up play. This season he has even added assists to his game. Haaland just had a game where he did literally nothing for 90 minutes. He's elite though. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Isak is a better player than Watkins though. That's not in doubt for me. Agree with your post though, apart from him being guaranteed to get in those sides 👍

Isak is a totally different player to Watkins. 

Don't agree that he's a better footballer than Watkins, better finisher, more natural instinct yes. Overall game, not a chance. 

Isak isn't dinking that ball in for our equalizer today. 

25 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Isak is a totally different player to Watkins. 

Don't agree that he's a better footballer than Watkins, better finisher, more natural instinct yes. Overall game, not a chance. 

Isak isn't dinking that ball in for our equalizer today. 

Not a better footballer? Really? He has much better technique and footwork. Not knocking Ollie, just a fact, at least in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Just seen the penalty claim again. His touch and layoff to get that move going was quality tbf. And certainly should have been a pen.

I’m stunned that VAR can look at that and not give a pen 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Second in goal contributions this season. 

Not bad for a shit striker. 

This is so reductive. Has anyone said he's shit? @Tom13 and I are critical of elements of his game, perhaps the most vocal about it, but I don't know of anyone saying he's "a shit striker".

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

That's not what you said. 

"I wouldn't take any striker in the premier league over Ollie".

But yes, if you're referring only to strikers would theoretically want to join us, Haaland is out of the equation.

As pointed out by @Rightdm00 ollie offers us more than Haaland would. His assists are very important and his work rate as well. Hes a great player and more importantly hes our player. Comparing him to strikers that we would never get is rather pointless, it just becomes whingeing. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, tinker said:

As pointed out by @Rightdm00 ollie offers us more than Haaland would. His assists are very important and his work rate as well. Hes a great player and more importantly hes our player. Comparing him to strikers that we would never get is rather pointless, it just becomes whingeing. 

I was just going by what you wrote. You've corrected yourself and I absolutely agree with you. All good.

i wouldnt describe it as outrageous. Its a definite push but probably gentle enough to go down as contact. Of course id have liked the pen, if its given against us though im arguing and calling it a stupid challenge.

If the ref gives it, i think VAR keeps it as a pen, if he doesnt i dont think theirs enough personally to over turn it.

2 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

If the ref gives it, i think VAR keeps it as a pen, if he doesnt i dont think theirs enough personally to over turn it.

Do you think ref gives against usual teams that get penalties? 

Edited by Kiwivillan

13 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

None of the strikers press or hold up the ball at anywhere near the level Ollie does.  Even then you can still only name 5 strikers better than Watkins. Of that 5 we could only dream of affording one, Isak. 3 of them are beyond us, Haaland, Son, and Jesus. The other, Alvarez, is not ready to lead the line as a sole striker. 

Ollie is by far the best striker we get that doesn't blow our wage bill to pieces. Yet there are moans every time he doesn't score. No striker scores every game. At least with Ollie when he doesn't score you get high pressure and the hold up play. This season he has even added assists to his game. Haaland just had a game where he did literally nothing for 90 minutes. He's elite though. 

and he is always there to miss them and unlucky that keeper tipped over yesterday

Â