Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Managers love him. If you asked Emery he'd tell you Watkins is one of the first players on the team sheet.

He is gonna play no matter what people here think about that.

Just support him and the team and accept it.

Hopefully new contract soon

So do a lot of fans to be fair

15 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Whatever # the club is offering will probably have to go up. Just don't see an obvious replacement for him, at least at a price we can afford, out there. His agent probably knows that as well. Still think the deal will get done but Ollie definitely has the leverage. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Great goal but that was the worst I think I've ever seen him play. 

I was amazed he stayed on for so long. 

Hope this sparks his season into life.

I thought that too. Didn’t look threatening and as a whole first half there wasn’t much link up play , but that could be said for all our attacking players .  

18 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Funny how he scored probably the hardest chance of the season today. Hopefully he’s now shaken off the goal scoring hoodoo and it’s back to normal Ollie from here

Just thinking exactly the same and smiling whilst watching the highlights again. Pleased for him though and hope it’s the start of a scoring run.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Funny how he scored probably the hardest chance of the season today. Hopefully he’s now shaken off the goal scoring hoodoo and it’s back to normal Ollie from here

His first attempt was weak and bounced straight back at him, when he hit the rebound he hit with the anger generated from his weak attempt and buried it. If he can get little bit of anger in his game from the off he would be unstoppable,  sign a new contract and get angry Ollie. 

• Like 1

I guess if we wanna hover around 8th he is fine, if we wanna move on, we gonna need a more prolific striker, but I realise the big boys will go to the big clubs, so easier said than done. If he wants a big money rise, I think Emery and us fans will be exepcting a bit more from him.

Big problem I always see is, if Watkins ain't on it, the team ain't, so we do expect alot from him. He's also looked no better than Duran lately, an we all know he has alot more in his locker then what we have been seeing. It's not hate, but he can be a highly frustrating player, who alot of the time don't look fully focued on his football.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

You can't have someone like Digne on 160k a week and not expect Ollie to be asking for something similar.

i doubt it works like that to be honest. konsa just signed a new contract...think he's on anything close to 160k pw now?

players get it...they would acknowledge digne was brought in on a higher wage than he should've

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

You can't have someone like Digne on 160k a week and not expect Ollie to be asking for something similar.

Agree. Attackers are usually your highest paid players. Would be dumb if his representation didn't ask to at least match the highest earner. 

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Managers love him. If you asked Emery he'd tell you Watkins is one of the first players on the team sheet.

He is gonna play no matter what people here think about that.

Just support him and the team and accept it.

Hopefully new contract soon

You could tell that in Unai's post match press conference. Watkins and McGinn are great pros, have ability and always give 100%...a manager's wet dream. 

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I guess if we wanna hover around 8th he is fine, if we wanna move on, we gonna need a more prolific striker, but I realise the big boys will go to the big clubs, so easier said than done. If he wants a big money rise, I think Emery and us fans will be exepcting a bit more from him.

Big problem I always see is, if Watkins ain't on it, the team ain't, so we do expect alot from him. He's also looked no better than Duran lately, an we all know he has alot more in his locker then what we have been seeing. It's not hate, but he can be a highly frustrating player, who alot of the time don't look fully focued on his football.

Can't agree, he's opened his account in the league now and when the team is firing on all cylinders he's going to get the chances he needs to net 20 this season. Who is there we could realistically sign that is a better player? We also have Durán coming through who looks class and Barry has scored 6 in 6 games on loan too. If Archer rips up the league we have an option. For his position Ollie is the best we have at the mo and we have others pushing for his place. I really don't see who we can buy that is a better fit at 9 for us than him either. Durán is very promising but probably a few years off leading the line for us up front every week and we could spend £100m+ with 200k a week wages on a player that might give us a worse return than Watkins.

• Like 2

Â