Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

3 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

What's more impressive scoring 15 PL goals in a season or registering 34 assist. Ollie turning into an assist machine was not on anyone's radar for this season I bet. 

Who's got 34 assists in a season?

Edited by Tom13

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Had an off day, but still has a hand in us winning the game.

It's what you get from him. He's very frustrating to watch as a fan at times, but managers keep picking him for a reason, and apart from the dire finishing and lack of killer instinct today we *also* saw his movement discomfiting their CBs all game and him making the right run and winning a clear penalty. At the end of the day, however unlikely it seemed at 86 minutes, we won the match and the moments that occurred after are the ones that made the difference in the final score. 

• Like 1

He's a bit like Agbonlahor in the sense that I'd back him to score a difficult chance with no time to think over a one-on-one with a few clicks. 

Someone in the match thread said something along the lines of 'it feels like Watkins won't score unless it's a sitter'...I think it's the other way around. He's more likely to miss a sitter because he knows it's a sitter and puts pressure on himself. 

Edited by May-Z
  • Like 2

Never ever bought into the hype for this guy. Single handedly doing his best to cost us games. Highly highly overrated, people defend him to the hilt. Quicker we can replace him in the starting line up the better. Nearly cost us today.

Edited by Mark_1989
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

27 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Never ever bought into the hype for this guy. Single handedly doing his best to cost us games. Highly highly overrated, people defend him to the hill. Quicker we can replace him in the starting line up the better. Nearly cost us today.

Thing is, he's also single handedly won us MANY games and points.

We MIGHT be getting to a stage in our evolution where we may need a better all round footballer as our striker, but let's not pretend he hasn't been absolutely crucial to our success over the years.

It's only last season he was scoring for fun in what seemed like every game, in our winning streak, which has helped us get to Europe.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Never ever bought into the hype for this guy. Single handedly doing his best to cost us games. Highly highly overrated, people defend him to the hilt. Quicker we can replace him in the starting line up the better. Nearly cost us today.

How did he nearly cost us today? 

30 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

How did he nearly cost us today? 

Missing that chance at 0-0 was criminal, score that and I think we run out 2,3,4-0 comfortably. Paid to score goals, need to bury them kind of chances. It’s all too common with him tbh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Missing that chance at 0-0 was criminal, score that and I think we run out 2,3,4-0 comfortably. Paid to score goals, need to bury them kind of chances. It’s all too common with him tbh.

Strikers miss, he will get near 20 goals this season. He has been awesome for us and he nearly scored a blinder that smacked the post and then the back of Johnstone's head which would have more than made up for the miss at 0-0.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Facts aren't excuses though are they. 

It's a fact that he won us the game today. 

Fact. 

No one left that game today and their lasting impression was that Ollie Watkins won us that game 😂😂😂 but if that’s what you want to think then cool. 

• Like 1

Â