Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

35 minutes ago, Adman said:

One thing my lad said to me on the weekend. If he has the ball for less than 2 seconds he's great, more than 2 seconds he's shite. We all know when he picks up and runs at a defence from deep he will run into a brick wall and screw it up. His most effective work is the instinctual stuff imo

He literally ran at the defence from deep at the weekend and got an assist. 

• Like 3

On 14/08/2022 at 15:53, nepal_villan said:

14 and 11 goals the last two seasons. Anymore and we'd be getting bids for him from Arsenal.

I assume Arsenal would see his limitations as well as his goals, hence why they've never come in for him.

• Like 2

With Watkins pace and pressure he puts on the defenders I think he has to be starting.

With Ings finishing ability he has to start too.

I'm just not sure that starting 2 up front suits the rest of the squad.

How do u fit Watkins, Ings, Bailey, Buendia into the starting 11 with Gerrard as manager ?

They are our best chance of scoring goals. 

3 hours ago, Villa Gaffa said:

With Watkins pace and pressure he puts on the defenders I think he has to be starting.

With Ings finishing ability he has to start too.

I'm just not sure that starting 2 up front suits the rest of the squad.

How do u fit Watkins, Ings, Bailey, Buendia into the starting 11 with Gerrard as manager ?

They are our best chance of scoring goals. 

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

I love when the Villa social media account post vids of Ollie banging goals in training like he’s Ronaldo, then in an actual match he misses 4 sitters.

I came here to say the same, every week we’re watching finishing drills and he couldn’t hit a barn door in game 

• Like 1

This lad couldn’t trap a bag of cement. He scored - fine, but my god, he was dreadful in every other aspect of his play and the game. 

It wouldn’t bother me one bit if we sold both Watkins and Ings. One is a very poor footballer who works hard and the other is massively overpaid and probably not fit to play 90 mins regularly. 

Id flog both, play Archer up top and then use the money to buy two central midfielders. 

Edited by Delphinho123

27 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This lad couldn’t trap a bag of cement. He scored - fine, but my god, he was dreadful in every other aspect of his play and the game. 

It wouldn’t bother me one bit if we sold both Watkins and Ings. One is a very poor footballer who works hard and the other is massively overpaid and probably not fit to play 90 mins regularly. 

Id flog both, play Archer up top and then use the money to buy two central midfielders. 

ye.

we need a striker who can control a football and link play, really...really badly.

the decisions at the club right now are concerning.

2 hours ago, messi11 said:

He scored a goal. Thats his job. I cant complain. 

Blind. If a player scores a tap-in and then goes on to continuously lose possession and get sent off you'd be happy?

44 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Blind. If a player scores a tap-in and then goes on to continuously lose possession and get sent off you'd be happy?

Yessss please. Goals please

• Like 1

Â