Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

22 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Bruised bones according to Dean,  we were making a late assessment on whether he's OK to start,  seems he's not 

Got the impact injury in the Salernitana game

Bruised bones?! 😮 That doesn't sound great. I didn't even know bones got bruises. :<

3 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Any medics out there? How serious could this be?

Treatment for a bone bruise may include:

Resting the bone or joint

Applying ice to the area several times a day

Raising the injury above the level of your heart to reduce swelling

Taking medicine to reduce pain and swelling

Wearing a brace or other device to limit movement, if needed

The tough part about a bone bruise is that they can be very painful, especially in the initial healing phase. The other key consideration for the athlete is that return to play can be highly variable, taking from a couple of weeks to several months. There are several interesting variables about bone bruises.

Just found that quickly on google.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Sad 1

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

Treatment for a bone bruise may include:

Resting the bone or joint

Applying ice to the area several times a day

Raising the injury above the level of your heart to reduce swelling

Taking medicine to reduce pain and swelling

Wearing a brace or other device to limit movement, if needed

Just found that quickly on google.

You omitted amputation 🪚

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, robby b said:

Bruised bones?! 😮 That doesn't sound great. I didn't even know bones got bruises. :<

hmmmm - well the injury he got in the friendly  didn't look bruise related.  in fact I'm pretty sure  earlier in the week it was reported as a muscle injury.

For info bruise bones usually occurs alongside a fracture. Its not often reported as by the time the fracture heals so have the bruised bones.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Not a medic but watched enough sports to know bone bruises can take anywhere from a few days to months of recovery depending on the severity.

Best way to think of it is one step away from a fracture. Six weeks max IME.

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeah I figured it wasn’t just a precautionary move for him to walk straight off the pitch like that. He clearly injured something. 

But that wouldn't be a bruised bone.

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

What do you mean? Didn’t he clip someone when he tried shooting?

I thought he just pulled up. You a good degree of impact to get a bruised bone. A clip wouldn't do it.

Just now, hippo said:

I thought he just pulled up. You a good degree of impact to get a bruised bone. A clip wouldn't do it.

He must've already had it before the game. He pulled up after taking a shot, there was no impact that I could see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Ollie injured eh, who jinxed it. @nick76 quiet this morning, I feel a 15 page bollocking post to those that doubted his genius. Good job we signed Ings.

What’s the point? How some didn’t see the obvious I don’t know.  From @villalad21 saying he’s genetically not going to get injured and Ollie didn’t even make the first game to generally other posters saying another quality striker wouldn’t get minutes.  I’m just glad the management saw it.

Not helping today so far though as it’s the defending that’s killing us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What’s the point? How some didn’t see the obvious I don’t know.  From @villalad21 saying he’s genetically not going to get injured and Ollie didn’t even make the first game to generally other posters saying another quality striker wouldn’t get minutes.  I’m just glad the management saw it.

Not helping today so far though as it’s the defending that’s killing us.

Correct. Shame about Ollie because it looked like next to nothing. The quicker he's back the better.

• Like 1

Contusions can be relatively serious, or they can be relatively minor. Watkins sounded relatively minor considering he was close, according to the gaffer. 

No need to flap anyway, we should absolutely not be playing 2 up top with our central midfielders, so him being out might be a blessing in disguise while the manager accepts this simple fact. 

11 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He’s in the Leon Bailey Arriving at BMH video walking along looking perfectly mobile and happy. Obviously not a training shot but also doesn’t look anything massively serious that would require him to be out months.

This is Aston Villa, mate. You take a knock and you’re done for 6 months. 

Â