Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

On 05/05/2021 at 14:47, OutByEaster? said:

Youth Cup semi-final will be Friday 14th May at 18:00.

I think that one might deserve its own thread.

It's live on BT Sport.

Will it still be on VillaTV for £1.99? 

I take it BT dont do day passes like Sky do (NowTV)?

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Do you know if baggies do their own free YouTube stuff which would negate the villa paid for service? 

I think it'd be unlikely, as the home side I'd guess we'd have the rights to broadcast.

I have a feeling that if BT have taken it they'll want exclusivity.

Team for the last U18 league game of the season..

Zych, McBride, Appiah, Aaron O'Reilly, Rhoades, Sylla, Barnes, Patterson, Sewell, Abldeen-Goodridge, Shakpoke,

Subs: Marschall, Tommi O'Reilly, Chrisene, Moore, Reddin

I think that's Shakpoke's and Barnes first start at U18 level, also good to see Chrisene back invovled.

• Like 2

Finished 3-2, Shakpoke,McBride, and Abldeen-Goodridge with our goals, McBride, Barnes, and Tommi O'Reilly with the assists. Good to finish the season with a win, also Chrisene came on in the second-half so presumably in contention to be invovled against Albion in the cup.

• Like 4

Shakpoke has put on his instagram that his season is over after another injury, which is a big shame as he'd scored two goals in three apearances after coming back from his last injury, I thought he might have a chance of making the squad for the Youth Cup. His goal from today is on his instagram.

We've signed a young lad from Fishponds, which I believe is in Bristol.

https://www.fishpondsvoice.co.uk/fishponds-footballer-signs-for-premier-league-club-aston-villa

A YOUNG Fishponds footballer is heading for the top flight after signing for Aston Villa.

Kyrie Pierre is currently going through his GCSE assessments at Bristol Metropolitan Academy, where he is in Year 11.

But when he is finished, the 15-year-old will move to Birmingham to live with a host family, and start his professional football career.

Midfielder Kyrie first started playing football when he was six, starting off at Keynsham Town.

At the age of nine he was spotted by a scout from Bristol Rovers and joined them immediately.

Kyrie, who also plays basketball at Bristol Met, was offered a scholarship place at the U18s Bristol Rovers Academy for the next two seasons, and has appeared for Rovers' U18 side.

But while playing for Rovers he was watched by a scout for Aston Villa, who exchanged details with Kyrie’s dad.

Good luck Kyrie and welcome!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He's Stefan Moore's son, who speaks a little about him in his recent interview with The Athletic, article says he can play anywhere across the front three, apparently been offered a scholarship.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Think we have something very good going on here. Just from today I am sure Chuk and Barry are Premier League players. Kesler is at least Championship. Many others that look good and can make it.

The investment in staff, facilities and players has made a huge impact - this is an excellent set up that will only improve.

There have been some noticeable stories this week linking us to players the summer and bringing players in for next year - I have a feeling we're going to really enjoy the next few years at Academy level.

• Like 1

On 11/05/2021 at 18:44, useless said:

Shakpoke has put on his instagram that his season is over after another injury, which is a big shame as he'd scored two goals in three apearances after coming back from his last injury, I thought he might have a chance of making the squad for the Youth Cup. His goal from today is on his instagram.

Well the season is over now, No more games left... soooo Maybe he means his season is over... because the season is over... for everyone.

When he wrote that we still had a FA Youth Cup Semi-Final to play, and are now in the final, so season isn't over yet. Given he made an instant impact on his return from injury, scoring two goals in three brief appearance, I think he would have had a chance of at least making the bench.

Thoroughly enjoyable cup run so far and tonight was no exception.  What’s so pleasing to see is that every single one of them appears to be enjoying their football. Many modern players now are so serious/moody but these lads are all smiles.  Great team spirit.

Really looking forward to the final now and next season to see how these lads progress. Couple of quality additions over the summer and the excitement will grow even more.

The first team have had a really good season and we’ve been treated to some great games and goals but Louie Barry’s goal against Liverpool and the immediate celebration from the lads is still a major highlight.  So more of the same please!

• Like 1

Â