Academy General Topic

smetrov

Anyone with insight who can explain what West Brom is currently doing that is seemingly letting them produce very sought after young players. 

Louie Barry off to Barcelona, Morgan Rogers to Man City

Apparently we are trying to sign one of theirs named Rayhaan Tulloch

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Hopefully we see Vassilev, Clarke and Ramsey in the first team squad tonight 

I would doubt that will happen with all three playing 90 minutes last night against Swansea. It's possible there might be a bench spot for one, but I think the team last night suggests that tonight's side will be pretty much restricted to the full team squad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Anyone with insight who can explain what West Brom is currently doing that is seemingly letting them produce very sought after young players. 

A couple of the senior people at Villa have described Albion as having been "eating our lunch" for the last few years and they've developed an academy that has been picking up all of the top local talent. One of our key aims is changing that position and it's why we're made a number of changes to our youth system including the big one which is stealing the man that was in charge at Albion - Mark Harrison - he's really highly rated and a big reason for their success.

I'm not sure what it is they've been doing - but you can bet your last penny that whatever it is we're now doing it too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

A couple of the senior people at Villa have described Albion as having been "eating our lunch" for the last few years and they've developed an academy that has been picking up all of the top local talent. One of our key aims is changing that position and it's why we're made a number of changes to our youth system including the big one which is stealing the man that was in charge at Albion - Mark Harrison - he's really highly rated and a big reason for their success.

I'm not sure what it is they've been doing - but you can bet your last penny that whatever it is we're now doing it too.

Thanks!

I've been advocating a shake up and modernization at our academy for some while now so it's nice to see we are doing it.

Us not being first on the ball with local talent has grated me too but we also must look to bring in foreign young talents even more imo.

6 hours ago, sne said:

its been evident for some time......its the last 10 years or so, that's been the problem.

I think we have signed their main man Harrison as head of Academy.....but it takes so long to see results.

Maddison- Bowen- Callum Wison......missed out on them all.....let go of Albrighton, Bannan,Stevens,Clarke, Baker,Hogg etc,etc.

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Hallelujah!!!!!

12 hours ago, sne said:

Where have you heard that we’re after Rayhaan Tulloch? Edit- I’ve just seen it on Birmingham Live, I’ve heard his name before but I’ve never seen him play, do you sne or anyone else have any more knowledge of him?

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Where have you heard that we’re after Rayhaan Tulloch?

Premier League scouts are expected to converge on Leigh Sports Village on Monday to watch exciting young West Brom forward Rayhaan Tulloch.

The teenage prospect has been attracting attention from Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Southampton and Newcastle United in recent weeks after scoring three goals in his last four games and will be under scrutiny again when he lines up against Manchester United U23s on Monday evening.

An England U18 international, Tulloch can play as a striker or on either wing and was first introduced into Albion's first team as a 16-year-old under former boss Alan Pardew.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7767377/Premier-League-clubs-keeping-tabs-West-Brom-starlet-Rayhaan-Tulloch-ahead-Man-United-meeting.html

Paper talk so make of it what you will.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Where have you heard that we’re after Rayhaan Tulloch? Edit- I’ve just seen it on Birmingham Live, I’ve heard his name before but I’ve never seen him play, do you sne or anyone else have any more knowledge of him?

I saw him at play for West Brom u23 vs Fulham u23 at Aggborough last night.

Edited by Villan4Life

According to Birmingham Live, u16 Frankie Ealing has landed a 2 year scholarship with us from next season. According to the article, he’s a right sided player and he’s from Dosthill and he’s currently 15 years old

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gregg Evans has tweeted that a few teams are looking to take Jack Clarke on loan this window, always thought he looks a decent player whenever I've seen him, but doesn't seem to get much attention. Apparently he nearly went to Bolton earlier in the last window, think Phil Parkinson was their manager, so wonder if he could end up at Sunderland.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Daily mail reporting that we're in talks to sign Louie Barry from Barcelona... Here is an article with a few details on him.

' Frenkie de Jong isn’t the only signing for Barcelona this summer that the Catalan club stole right out from the under the noses of PSG. Since the player won’t be playing in the first team anytime soon, the exact happenings of how 16-year-old Louie Barry got from West Brom to Barcelona may never be known. The third English-born player (behind Gary Lineker and Marcus McGuane) that could play for the Barcelona first team is clearly a player that the Barcelona brass was keen to bring to La Masia. '

Edited by useless

We’ve been drawn against Manchester City in the 4th round of the FA Youth Cup. The match will take place on Wednesday 15th January at City’s academy stadium, kicking off at 7pm. Tickets are £3 for adults and £1 for concessions, it’s on our OS

Â