Academy General Topic

smetrov

On 08/01/2020 at 14:19, siminjo said:

Iffy Udanoh, which seemed to be a lot of buzz around when we got him in the summer, has seemingly left and now joined stoke. Wonder if we released him, or if he wanted a new challenge?

He looked like one for the future, but I guess it just goes to show that sometimes Udanoh.............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 09/01/2020 at 19:45, sir_gary_cahill said:

We’ve been drawn against Manchester City in the 4th round of the FA Youth Cup. The match will take place on Wednesday 15th January at City’s academy stadium, kicking off at 7pm. Tickets are £3 for adults and £1 for concessions, it’s on our OS

I thought we had Swansea?

I'll be going along if it's at City tomorrow.

A few new names appearing on our Youth Squad on Transfermarkt that I hadn't seen before:

Arjan Raikhy (going by his Twitter appears to from WBA - maybe another one brought across by Harrison?)
Tristan Abldeen-Goodridge
Paul Appiah (from Chelsea)
Patrick Zito
Kaine Kesler
Hayden Lindley (from Man City)
Kaine Hayden

Apologies if some of these aren't new. I try and take a look every 3 months so I no doubt miss a few.

• Like 3

Interesting. He came off the bench when the U23s were thrashed by Exeter a couple of weeks ago, but otherwise doesn't seem to have featured at that level this season. 

Maybe he isn't that good, or wasn't that highly rated, but sod's law, given it's us, we'll probably be trying to sign him back for £35m in four years' time. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

1 hour ago, useless said:

Even at that level, Brentford don't generally sing anyone unless they've done their homework and convinced themselves there's something in him. Hope he does well there.

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Interesting. He came off the bench when the U23s were thrashed by Exeter a couple of weeks ago, but otherwise doesn't seem to have featured at that level this season. 

Maybe he isn't that good, or wasn't that highly rated, but sod's law, given it's us, we'll probably be trying to sign him back for £35m in four years' time. 

I think he is good, very good, I see a lot of potential in him. He’s like an old fashioned style target man, he’s excellent, he has a very unique style of play. Players develop at different rates, this loan could be the making of him if he plays 

Â