Academy General Topic

smetrov

I was keep to see names "Sohna" pop up latest, it is about brother (maybe twin)  Harrison Sohna and Myles Sohna, how is a young good player they are? is they our first twin brother play our academy same time which normal see one old and youth - "4 of Moore & 2 Gardner, 2 Stieber, Recently 2 Ramsey" 

second question - Which better Ramsey? Arron or Jacob? 

Stieber, Ah i forget about them i was highly rate - Zoltan was suppose our left winger yet romour that Andreas was better that Zoltan that reason we sign Andreas was got to take Zoltan. in end both left club and Andreas not live his potential when Zoltan was brilliant preformance for Hungary few years ago.

anyway good work update of us about academy result .

6 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

I was keep to see names "Sohna" pop up latest, it is about brother (maybe twin)  Harrison Sohna and Myles Sohna, how is a young good player they are? is they our first twin brother play our academy same time which normal see one old and youth - "4 of Moore & 2 Gardner, 2 Stieber, Recently 2 Ramsey" 

second question - Which better Ramsey? Arron or Jacob? 

Stieber, Ah i forget about them i was highly rate - Zoltan was suppose our left winger yet romour that Andreas was better that Zoltan that reason we sign Andreas was got to take Zoltan. in end both left club and Andreas not live his potential when Zoltan was brilliant preformance for Hungary few years ago.

anyway good work update of us about academy result .

Both Sohna brothers are very decent, they’ve played for England at u17 level. I saw them both last season quite a bit, they impressed me

I saw Aaron Ramsey a few times for our u16s last season, he looked excellent. His driving runs from midfield were a joy to watch. It’s hard to say which Ramsey brother is better, Jacob has made the step up to the first team, Aaron has recently played for the u23 team

Both Steiber brothers were good players, they were close to making it here. They have had good careers since

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Both Sohna brothers are very decent, they’ve played for England at u17 level. I saw them both last season quite a bit, they impressed me

I saw Aaron Ramsey a few times for our u16s last season, he looked excellent. His driving runs from midfield were a joy to watch. It’s hard to say which Ramsey brother is better, Jacob has made the step up to the first team, Aaron has recently played for the u23 team

Both Steiber brothers were good players, they were close to making it here. They have had good careers since

thanks you about Sohna Brother.

it is nice see Steiber is did well out of there.

sound positive about Aaron, something look forward to watch them developed into first team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

thanks you about Sohna Brother.

it is nice see Steiber is did well out of there.

sound positive about Aaron, something look forward to watch them developed into first team.

I don’t want to go overboard about them like I  have in the past but Aaron Ramsey really looks excellent to me, I only saw him a handful of times last season for the u16s

• Haha 1

I am not convinced by the academy, in recent years.

Where are the Grealish's,Deehan's ,Little's, Cowans, Shaws, Barry's, Eghiogu's, Gidmans, Williams's and Gibsons.....One in 10 years is not good enough.

I couldn't give a fiddlers cus about titles....That's for the first team to secure, we need to develop players for the first team.

I don't think the approach has been right.....I don't think the player development has been right.....where's the character in the players that these had above.

I have no idea, if its better now, because I am not close to it ,like some......but the end product is not showing its face.

Winning titles is not the answer.....getting individual players to break through in to the first team, is.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not convinced by the academy, in recent years.

Where are the Grealish's,Deehan's ,Little's, Cowans, Shaws, Barry's, Eghiogu's, Gidmans, Williams's and Gibsons.....One in 10 years is not good enough.

I couldn't give a fiddlers cus about titles....That's for the first team to secure, we need to develop players for the first team.

I don't think the approach has been right.....I don't think the player development has been right.....where's the character in the players that these had above.

I have no idea, if its better now, because I am not close to it ,like some......but the end product is not showing its face.

Winning titles is not the answer.....getting individual players to break through in to the first team, is.

I think the board and Smith know this, hence why they released everyone last season and have invested heavily in a new structure and management team 

• Like 1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

I think the board and Smith know this, hence why they released everyone last season and have invested heavily in a new structure and management team 

Hope So,

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He looks excellent to me, oh to be 16 again :( They often dip their very young players in and then wonder why the vultures begin to circle 

Rather than let him go to Leicester, as they usually do.....i thought we could nip in early in his development.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Rather than let him go to Leicester, as they usually do.....i thought we could nip in early in his development.

I think it’s a good strategy, Leicester are getting above their station in my opinion, they need knocking down a peg or 2. The younger they are the cheaper they are in most cases, obviously there are some exceptions 

11 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Our u18s played Brighton away today and lost 2-1 today, our goal was a late own goal

Misinformed there Sir. That game was in November. The 18s were at BMH preparing for next Tuesday’s Youth Cup game..

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dadster23 said:

Misinformed there Sir. That game was in November. The 18s were at BMH preparing for next Tuesday’s Youth Cup game..

Be interesting to see what sort of team plays in tomorrow's reserve game given that the Youth Cup is the day after.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We won our FA Youth Cup game away at Stevenage 4-2 on penalties following a 0-0 draw. 

Our reward is Swansea or Man City away.

That game is 19 December.

Fourth round pencilled in for 18 January but presumably that might move.

Be good to play city as I might be able to go. As you'd expect their facilities are a joke. They've got a mini-stadium better than Bournemouth's actual ground for their kids and women's team.

• Like 1

Â