Academy General Topic

smetrov

Bogarde's has an older brother who's also a Dutch youth international, maybe he's someone we'll look at as well. Would makes sense to bring both brothers over.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, useless said:

Bogarde's has an older brother who's also a Dutch youth international, maybe he's someone we'll look at as well. Would makes sense to bring both brothers over.

Already moved to Hoffenheim

im guessing it’s the same set up up as here, if he signs professional terms with us rather than feyenoord we pay a tribunal set development fee which amounts to three fifths of **** all, the older brother we would have to pay a proper transfer fee

Edited by villa4europe
  • Thanks 1

The board obviously see the academy vital to the progress of the club. I know on the past Utd used to send players to Royal Antwerp, and I think Chelsea have done similar recently with a Dutch club. Wondering if that will be a move we take to get academy players more first team football.

It's only that All Nigeria Soccer website that's saying that we're interested as far I can see, and they say other clubs are interested too, so will have to see.

Highlights of some of his goals...

Looks a decent finisher.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

It's only that All Nigeria Soccer website that's saying that we're interested as far I can see, and they say other clubs are interested too, so will have to see.

Highlights of some of his goals...

Looks a decent finisher.

Yeah looks a natural finisher. That free kick was good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

According to 'Training Ground Guru'...

LIAM BRAMLEY has left Newcastle United after 11 years to become Under-18s coach at Aston Villa.

He joined Newcastle in 2009 as U16s coach and had been U23s assistant for the last 17 months.

George Boateng was Villa's lead U18s coach last season.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Good to see we're working on this - it pays to stockpile as many good young players as you can get away with, because some of them are bound to come good. 

And if not sell him on while making a profit. The Chelsea method.

36 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

And if not sell him on while making a profit. The Chelsea method.

I don’t think ‘The Chelsea method’ is healthy, they stockpile young players like there’s no tomorrow. They buy many young players from abroad and they very rarely go on to play for their first team. On the other hand, this season they have given extended chances in their first team to many of their young players like Mason Mount, Reece James, Fikayo Tomori and before he fell out of favour- Tammy Abraham. 

27 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think ‘The Chelsea method’ is healthy, they stockpile young players like there’s no tomorrow. They buy many young players from abroad and they very rarely go on to play for their first team. On the other hand, this season they have given extended chances in their first team to many of their young players like Mason Mount, Reece James, Fikayo Tomori and before he fell out of favour- Tammy Abraham. 

Oh I think so too. It's not very beneficial to the players. It is however very healthy for the club's bank balance.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Oh I think so too. It's not very beneficial to the players. It is however very healthy for the club's bank balance.

It’s all about money these days, it has been for a number of years. It should be about the player’s development and what is best for them

• Like 1

If you look at the way we're going about recruiting and pushing forward with the Academy and with the Women's team, I think it has to bode well for the first team.

The Chelsea method really should be outlawed - they stockpile youngster to make loan profit in order to beat FFP.

• Like 3

Â