The Global Far Right

maqroll

Apparently Meloni grew up in a Lefty neighborhood but was active in fashy youth groups. 

My prediction is she will soften her image and coddle up to Biden and the EU.

But her domestic initiatives could get interesting. 

Just now, maqroll said:

Apparently Meloni grew up in a Lefty neighborhood but was active in fashy youth groups. 

My prediction is she will soften her image and coddle up to Biden and the EU.

But her domestic initiatives could get interesting. 

She already did the EU thing. Was against the EUro but is now for it etc.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

So i take it she would be the equivalent of if farage became PM here?

I know nothing about her

No, Farage is probably more dangerous given the Putin connections (what no never). italian Fash woman is pro-Ukraine

And see above, She's already softened her stance on EU too, Farage would never do that either.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Ursula von der Leyen has already warned Meloni that the EU will use financial 'tools' to attack Italy, should she step out of line, so we know who has all the power.

"God, borders and family" is an appealing slogan but the fate of Italy will be decided elsewhere.

Good old friendly EU. All in it together. 

• Like 3

Far right Brazil president Bolsonaro looks likely to lose todays election to left wing former president Lula. 

Would follow Argentina, Bolivia, Chile and Columbia in recently electing left wing leaders.

Edit: Lula didn't get over 50% of first round votes so will go to second round run off against Bolsonaro.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 26/09/2022 at 20:27, MakemineVanilla said:

Ursula von der Leyen has already warned Meloni that the EU will use financial 'tools' to attack Italy, should she step out of line, so we know who has all the power.

"God, borders and family" is an appealing slogan but the fate of Italy will be decided elsewhere.

On 26/09/2022 at 22:26, Xela said:

Good old friendly EU. All in it together. 

The EU considers fighting fascism in Europe as part of its reason for existence, with the goal of preventing another WW2 scenario. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

Far right Brazil president Bolsonaro looks likely to lose todays election to left wing former president Lula. 

Would follow Argentina, Bolivia, Chile and Columbia in recently electing left wing leaders.

Edit: Lula didn't get over 50% of first round votes so will go to second round run off against Bolsonaro.

I hope the South American Trump loses, fingers crossed, I can't stand him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

A big thanks to Ciro Gomes, whose 3.04% lefty votes would have been more than enough to put Lula over 50%. 

Naaaat. 

The run off campaign will probably be all kinds of nasty from that horrible, Trump-on-steroids, fascist homophobe Bolsonaro. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, El Zen said:

A big thanks to Ciro Gomes, whose 3.04% lefty votes would have been more than enough to put Lula over 50%. 

Naaaat. 

The run off campaign will probably be all kinds of nasty from that horrible, Trump-on-steroids, fascist homophobe Bolsonaro. 

... and anti-ecological enemy of the Amazon rainforest (and so the environment of the whole world too) and apparently very sexist (given his stupid, incredibly offensive comment he made about a female politician, which I believe was recorded, unfortunately for him). "Nasty", I agree. I can't understand how so many Braziians love him! :<

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

F***ing nazis doing an unannounced march in Oslo yesterday. Down the main street up to the parliament building. Not happened since 1940, and it pisses me off they were allowed to do it unopposed. Probably a good thing I didn’t know about it until after the fact. 

The great irony, of course, is that in a group of words removed marching against immigration, a majority of them turned out to be Swedish. Norwegian nazis are so f***ing feeble and cowardly they can’t even march without importing protection from Sweden, and the whole thing becomes a parade of tourists protesting against foreigners. C***s. 

• Sad 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 02/10/2022 at 23:33, markavfc40 said:

If polls prove to be correct in the UK, best stick a few extra police around Parliament after the next General Election. 

Â