The Global Far Right

maqroll

• 2 months later...

Fun self-test time!

Been reading a bit of Adorno, etc. and ran into this:

Seventy years ago, the Authoritarian Personality studies attempted to "construct an instrument that would yield an estimate of fascist receptivity at the personality level."

This interactive F Scale presents that instrument in its final form of thirty questions, computing your aggregate "F Score" and subscores for the nine personality variables the F Scale tries to measure. Additional infomation, including the scoring scheme and an explanation of the personality variables, is given below after the questionnaire. So take the F Scale now --- or else!

I was rated a liberal airhead. I guess that's good. It's American-oriented, this rendering of the F Scale.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

17 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Fun self-test time!

I was rated a liberal airhead. I guess that's good. It's American-oriented, this rendering of the F Scale.

The questions do seem heavily loaded and exclude all nuance, which seems to guatantee that the vast majority of people will enjoy a trip into smug mode.

It would be far more interesting to have a questionaire which tested for authoritarian attitudes, which both ends of the spectrum might find appealing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The questions do seem heavily loaded and exclude all nuance, which seems to guatantee that the vast majority of people will enjoy a trip into smug mode.

It would be far more interesting to have a questionaire which tested for authoritarian attitudes, which both ends of the spectrum might find appealing.

I don’t disagree with you. I think it was put together immediately following the second World War, so it’s a little dated, for sure. It would be interesting to see a new version of it if there there’s one out there.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Absolutely. The test was just about more nuanced than say "You believe that Jews are not people".

Couple of questions on there made me laugh.

1 hour ago, osmark86 said:

Absolutely. The test was just about more nuanced than say "You believe that Jews are not people".

Couple of questions on there made me laugh.

It is a strong reminder of how far the epithet 'right wing' has shifted in recent times.

• 2 months later...
On 12/02/2024 at 22:09, Marka Ragnos said:

Fun self-test time!

I got whining rotter .. I'm more of a leftie than the average rabid VT leftie  ...something must be wrong in the Matrix 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

I got whining rotter .. I'm more of a leftie than the average rabid VT leftie  ...something must be wrong in the Matrix 

Welcome, comrade! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 16/04/2024 at 14:17, tonyh29 said:

I was just You are a liberal airhead.

Now get back to your lentils, pinko.

Â