villaglint

9 hours ago, villaglint said:

As someone who does live in the area the level of support has unsurprisingly grown hugely in the Eddie Howe era. Few years back you’d never see a Bournemouth shirt outside the ground but now they are everywhere. Club nearly went bankrupt a few years back and nobody cares now everyone you meet is a life long Bournemouth fan. 

Be interesting to see how the support holds up if they start to struggle for a few years.  

It's only a 10k ground so I imagine they'll sell out majority when things get back to normal, would be different if it was 20k capacity.

They do have a good catchment area, not much to the west with likes of Poole and Weymouth in depths of non league and Salisbury not that far away either so in last 5 years if you wanted to see prem football I'd imagine their ticket deals would be reasonable compared to say Southampton which is more established prem club and has much bigger fanbase.

Can still see them doing a Portsmouth though.

Reading some of the opinions on fans about Howe and seems he lost his way tactically and wasted too much money. Interesting Defoe has had a go saying Howe wanted him to be a targetman

Seems Ramsdale, Ake and Lerma is only players come out with credit. Unsurprisingly they think Fraser is a piece of shit and Harry Wilson only played because he came from Liverpool 

23 hours ago, PaulC said:

Well it’s a great area to live but they have a tiny ground and never had the a big following. Imagine a lot of people living In Bournemouth either have no interest in football or support other clubs. 

it's the reason why i cant stand them now. the number of people that wore arsenal, chelsea, utd shirts before bournemouth got promoted is riduculous. and its those 'fans' that did my nut in, giving it large last few years that they're suddenly the big boys and the likes of villa are the little lower league club. they'll be dusting off their old shirts now i guarantee it. when they were in the championship before you could get a ticket on matchday and it'll be the same now

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Reading some of the opinions on fans about Howe and seems he lost his way tactically and wasted too much money. Interesting Defoe has had a go saying Howe wanted him to be a targetman

Seems Ramsdale, Ake and Lerma is only players come out with credit. Unsurprisingly they think Fraser is a piece of shit and Harry Wilson only played because he came from Liverpool 

Yes I think Fraser is a good player but I wouldn't want us to sign him now. 

40 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Hmmm, didn’t Fraser refuse to play? 

I thought he refuses to sign an extension on his contract until the season ended because he was afraid of getting injured. How that is Howe's fault I dont know, unless Trentvilla has some inside information. 

56 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I thought he refuses to sign an extension on his contract until the season ended because he was afraid of getting injured. How that is Howe's fault I dont know, unless Trentvilla has some inside information. 

I think as @TrentVilla stated in another thread it was Eddie Howe's choice not to play him, he could have played in the 7 matches prior to 30th June but didn't due to the manager not picking him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He didn't refuse to play but he admitted he didn't try for a few months

Article - I didn't play for the team

The Scotland international told the BBC: "I think everyone knows by now what’s happening to be honest with you.

"It obviously affected me. The first four months of the season I wasn’t myself.

"I didn’t play for the team, I’m honest enough to admit that. I look back at it and I spoke to my family about it and it just looked bad on me and I didn’t help the team and I felt bad about it.

"This last month or so I’ve been trying to put it right. It shouldn’t have had to have taken me that long to realise, but I’m my own worst critic and I apologised to the lads and that’s all I can do, I can only move on now and just try my best."

Asked what the future holds for him with his contract set to expire in June, Fraser added: "All I can really say is the next six months for me is I will give everything for the club.

"I’ve just talked about the last four months, that won’t be happening again. I can give everything, I can track back, I can try and get my assists, try and get my goals to help the club where it should in, in the Premier League.

43 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Okay, refused to sign a contract extension then, when pretty much every other player in that position at all clubs chose to do so.

Potato / potatoe 

The two things are not the same, not even remotely.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

The two things are not the same, not even remotely.

I think this is essentially semantics, his club needed him and for whatever reason, though the reasons appear to be selfish, he told them to piss off. 

If one of our key players had done that to us we’d hate the guy.

Seems silly to blame Howe for not picking him, after he specifically admitting not trying for four months. Would there be anyone on this forum open to picking one of our players after they said that, particularly if they also didn't sign the contract extension?

I doubt it personally.

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think this is essentially semantics, his club needed him and for whatever reason, though the reasons appear to be selfish, he told them to piss off. 

If one of our key players had done that to us we’d hate the guy.

No point going round in circles, I don’t agree. 

Â