Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

Just now, villalad21 said:

Spurs being Spurs

Mourinho's second season though.😉 Might aswell be his third as he'll lead them to about 8th if he lasts the full season.

Look through Spurs team now and half of them are past their best or mediocre bar the forward players, it's very average compared to what likes of Chelsea and Man. United have in midfield positions.

Would be a big statement win for Everton given how bad their record away to top 6 teams is, they've looked very solid at the back so that's a good sign for them.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

whatever you think of Everton, Digne is v.good, then they have Doucoure, Allan, Gomes, Rodrigeuz and Richarlison in midfield, its like an everton fan has done an FM save irl.

Good players. It's a mentality issue with them. Holding onto the 1-0 here would be huge statment for them. Lost away to Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Wolves, Liverpool, Man. City, Bournemouth and us last season so pretty poor.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Mourinho's second season though.😉 Might aswell be his third as he'll lead them to about 8th if he lasts the full season.

Look through Spurs team now and half of them are past their best or mediocre bar the forward players, it's very average compared to what likes of Chelsea and Man. United have in midfield positions.

Would be a big statement win for Everton given how bad their record away to top 6 teams is, they've looked very solid at the back so that's a good sign for them.

I know. I said that earlier.

It looks like Mourinho truly is done.

This Spurs side is looking awful.

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Same to you, buddy...  You think Leeds will finish top half, I think they'll be in the relegation picture...  Statistics are already showing my prediction will be more likely.  

He's got to back his team tbf 

Its a pretty poor Spurs team when think about it compared other top teams. Kane, Son, Davies and Alderweireld are the only capable players for me maybe Lucas and Bergwijn but the rest are meh. Alli and Lloris have gone backwards and have lost Eriksen, Dembele, Vertonghen, Trippier in recent seasons without replacing them even Llorente was better than what they have as back up

Doherty is a very good wing back but a poor full back

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its a pretty poor Spurs team when think about it compared other top teams. Kane, Son, Davies and Alderweireld are the only capable players for me maybe Lucas and Bergwijn but the rest are meh. Alli and Lloris have gone backwards and have lost Eriksen, Dembele, Vertonghen, Trippier in recent seasons without replacing them even Llorente was better than what they have as back up

Doherty is a very good wing back but a poor full back

Toby isn't as good as a few years back when he was easily top 5 level CB in premier league. Lost a bit of pace in last 18 months.

The big problem for Spurs is half their squad knew losing the CL final was the end of the cycle. Yet the only major player they moved on quickly was Trippier. Kept Eriksen for another six months before selling him for lower price and still know you have players like Aurier, Lamela, Rose all hanging around waiting to be sold. Moura much better as impact sub for last 20 than starting aswell.

Son and Kane will probably bail them out in plenty of games this season but behind that their midfield is miles behind what likes of Man. United and Chelsea will be putting out.

Guess Mourinho will go all in to win europa league and sack off the league just like he did in his first year at Man. United but dangerous strategy.

Edited by VillaChris

Everton looking good. For the money they've spent and with Ancelotti they should be. 

Also we've dropped places today down to 7th. Surely we need make sure that we don't drop any more spots. 

Edited by Sulberto21

10 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Baggies, like Fulham, turned up for the payments. Terrible performance. They haven't improved.

Fulham splashed the cash & expected to stick, Baggies do not have a plan B

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

So all promoted teams concede at least 3 goals.. none have improved their defence from last season. Could be hard for them all

Makes me even more amazed by what Sheffield United did last season.

They barely conceded goals. Simply an outstanding season.

• Like 1

Â