Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

Yeah them selling Diangana could be really good for us in the long run, their morale looks at rock bottom.

Just when you think West Ham are down and out though they go and do the double over Chelsea so need to wait for 5-10 games to be played before making proper judgement on teams.

34 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not exactly shithouse. They've ruined West Ham all over the pitch except for Rice and Noble's 5 yard pass competition in the centre circle.

Looking at the signing he's made I think they'll finish comfortably mid table.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Liverpool don't look right to me, could be a completely ridiculous prediction but if Man. United and Chelsea start well I could see them as low as 4th this season. Probably too much to think they'll miss out on top 4 but given their lack of new signings they have a similar air about them that Chelsea in 2016 and 2018 did, two awful title defences there and Man. City were pretty far behind title winners in 2013 and 2015.

People forget how many games they won by the odd goal last season so if their defence leaks in more goals will be plenty more dropped points for them and will bring them closer to teams below.

I wouldn't write them off just yet. I do think City for title though. Chelsea could challenge if they sort Kepa out. 

On the game. Given the balance of the game, I think it should have been more comfortable. Leeds were very un-leeds like and clinical. The ball over the top was on time and time again though. TTA do not look fit. Salah looks very sharp mind.  

49 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah them selling Diangana could be really good for us in the long run, their morale looks at rock bottom.

Just when you think West Ham are down and out though they go and do the double over Chelsea so need to wait for 5-10 games to be played before making proper judgement on teams.

Agreed but run in looks rough.

That result will do nothing for the already low morale at West Ham.  Nothing there to change my pre season prediction that they're one for the drop. 

Other quick take aways from the opening day... Palace looked OK, Zaha seemingly back in the zone which bodes well for them, but their keeper played a blinder which he won't do every week. 

Leeds looked better than i was expecting, but that defence of theirs looks inedible shaky. Liverpool seemed to take defending lessons from them.

Glad it's back, especially given we looked pretty decent today in our friendly today

Edited by MrBlack

Albion's starting eleven doesn't look very strong, they're actually weaker than when they got promoted, they've lost Nathan Ferguson and Filip Krovinovic, and the only players they've signed are Pereira, Robinson and Diangana all of whom were with them last season. They apparently don't have much more money to spend either, but looks like Branislav Ivanović might be signing for them in the week, not sure if he'll make a big difference for them, will be 37 before the season ends.

Albion didn't look too bad in the first half, for all people rave about Leeds this West Brom team were just as good as them for most of last season was only after the restart that they fell away a bit. Already me looking at other results hoping they go our way, so hoping Leicester can do better in the second half and get the win.

Â