Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

4 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Funny that you say that cause they were trashing him on Fox talk but thats typical 

Bunch of bedwetters

Helped to keep a clean sheet and won a penalty.

Castagne will get the headlines because he's scored on his debut and it was a well-taken goal to be fair, but I fancy Justin to have a really good season.

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Helped to keep a clean sheet and won a penalty.

Castagne will get the headlines because he's scored on his debut and it was a well-taken goal to be fair, but I fancy Justin to have a really good season.

I agree. Good young player !!  He will make mistakes but happens when a team goes with youth

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Does have a wiff of Norwich about it all... still only the first game but so far all the predictions look predictable. 

The problem being, many of those predictions have us finishing 18th and going down with them.

Edited by est1874

Just now, Chindie said:

Vardy looking more like he's doesn't the summer on meth than normal.

And covering he's cupped his ears to an empty stadium, it must be getting to him.

He did it in front of a Camera. He knows what he's doing 

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Leeds may have scored 3 goals but they statistically MASSIVELY over performed against Liverpool.  They're going to struggle just as much as Fulham & WBA.

I think a lot of teams will struggle to handle their high intensity press, including us.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think a lot of teams will struggle to handle their high intensity press, including us.

Most teams press like that in the Premier League...  It didn't work against Liverpool.  Statistically Liverpool dominated that game all around and it should not have been as close as it was.

https://understat.com/match/14090

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Most teams press like that in the Premier League...  It didn't work against Liverpool.  Statistically Liverpool dominated that game all around and it should not have been as close as it was.

https://understat.com/match/14090

Statistically no team ran more than Liverpool and Leeds in England last season. That is what the commentators said yesterday.

So actually no. Leeds works harder than most teams.

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Statistically no team ran more than Liverpool and Leeds in England last season. That is what the commentators said yesterday.

So actually no. Leeds works harder than most teams.

Again, we aren't talking about last year...  They should have lost that game 3-0 yesterday, if Liverpool weren't complacent at the back.  

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

Again, we aren't talking about last year...  They should have lost that game 3-0 yesterday, if Liverpool weren't complacent at the back.  

You can say that about most teams playing Liverpool.

Poor stick to beat them with.

We had about 20 % possession at VP against them and they had 20-30 shots if i remember correctly.

Leeds actually had more possession against them which is madness. And a testament to how hard they work off the ball.

Edited by villalad21

Just now, villalad21 said:

We had about 20 % possession at VP against them and they had 20-30 shots if i remember correctly.

Statistically, Norwich played better against Liverpool last year than Leeds did yesterday. 

https://understat.com/match/11643

They still went down...

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Leeds actually had more possession against them which is madness. And a testament to how hard they work off the ball.

Liverpool had 6 shots at Anfield vs us and only 6 on target at VP

Edited by Zatman

Just now, villalad21 said:

Yes Norwich played well that game.

Let's wait for the season to unfold before you jump to conclusions.

Same to you, buddy...  You think Leeds will finish top half, I think they'll be in the relegation picture...  Statistics are already showing my prediction will be more likely.  

Â