Premier League 2020-21 thread

Jareth

19 minutes ago, est1874 said:

The problem being, many of those predictions have us finishing 18th and going down with them.

For me: Leeds, West Brom & Fulham are a much weaker bunch than Watford, Norwich & Bournemouth.

Plus we’ve strengthened and don’t look to have finished yet either. After surviving last year I think we’ll be OK this year.

5 minutes ago, penguin said:

For me: Leeds, West Brom & Fulham are a much weaker bunch than Watford, Norwich & Bournemouth.

Plus we’ve strengthened and don’t look to have finished yet either. After surviving last year I think we’ll be OK this year.

Much as I despise them with a deep and profound loathing, I'd be surprised if Leeds didn't stay up this year.

They have one of the best managers in the division and some very capable players.

They're well ahead of WBA and Fulham in terms of their style of play and their flexibility.

Edited by est1874

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Much as I despise them with a deep and profound loathing, I'd be surprised if Leeds didn't stay up this year.

They have one of the best managers in the division and some very capable players.

They're well ahead of WBA and Fulham in terms of their style of play and their flexibility.

I'd agree they seem to be the most capable of the newly promoted sides. But they will be very much in the relegation mix, rather than pushing Europa if you were to believe the media wank-fest, I really don't think their side is very good at all on paper certainly no better than Watford, Bournemouths from last year.

6 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I've seen it all now...  You're looking at the game at Villa park, NOT the one I posted at Anfield.  You really aren't good at this whole debate thing, are you? 

Oh you mean that game when they were at the beach and brought on kids?

Edited by villalad21

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool had 6 shots at Anfield vs us and only 6 on target at VP

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Bullshit

14 minutes ago, KMitch said:

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Actually.

Liverpool had 25 shots at VP according to PremierLeague.com

We had 4 and 26 % possession

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Stop spreading fake news.

https://www.premierleague.com/match/46706

8 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I've seen it all now...  You're looking at the game at Villa park, NOT the one I posted at Anfield.  You really aren't good at this whole debate thing, are you? 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Oh you mean that game when they were at the beach and brought on kids?

I'm done talking to you...  I feel like I'm talking to my ex...  Just ignore anything the other side says that makes sense, then try to twist what was said around against them.  Welcome to my ignore list, bro!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

data.analyst { 

xG is fine.  It can be useful, depending on how it's being used, but it's a lot less intuitive than people seem to think it is.

Anyone using it as the metric by which to assess a team's performance in a game is on a hiding to nothing.

There aren't enough variables in the calculation for it to give an accurate picture of how a match went, for a start.

}

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just one relegation spot in play, Fulham and WBA are going to have to make some amazing signings to have a chance of staying up in next three weeks. They are both the standard of Cardiff in 18/19.

Will be far easier to stay up this season than last.

Home crowd early days is a big thing for newly promoted teams and can pick up unexpected points. Some would say we didnt take advantage but we didnt play any of the big teams at home early on

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Home crowd early days is a big thing for newly promoted teams and can pick up unexpected points. Some would say we didnt take advantage but we didnt play any of the big teams at home early on

Yep will be interesting to see how Leeds get on without fans at Elland Road.

The crowd helped us beat Everton early on last season.

Â