U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

The US Press are starting to report the Kilcooney racism now. 

No doubt that will help smooth over those frosty UK / new US administration relations.

Something like this should sort it out.

29 minutes ago, villakram said:

Note the 21 days. That's almost December, potential shenanigans afoot.

Michigan certifies the election by Nov 23rd (3 weeks from election)

Also filing this fast gains them no time, they could have filed later to gain time but didn't

This is incompetence

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Christ, are they STILL counting votes?

The reason why inauguration is not until late January was to allow enough time to collect and count ballots then report the results from each district. Fortunately it’s a bit quicker these days.

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The reason why inauguration is not until late January was to allow enough time to collect and count ballots then report the results from each district. Fortunately it’s a bit quicker these days.

Inauguration was originally in March for this reason and there were only 36 mil people living in the US at the time

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

Also filing this fast gains them no time, they could have filed later to gain time but didn't

This is incompetence

It's astonishing that anyone would look at the last few days, and come to the conclusion that this is people setting a cunning, three-steps-ahead legal trap rather than their latest accidentally-booking-a-garden-centre-that-has-a-similar-name-to-a-fancy-hotel event.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, markavfc40 said:

Just watching dispatches on channel 4. Interesting look at how divided the USA is between anti and pro Trump and what future may hold.

I still struggle to believe that not far off 50% of the US voting population think he is worthy of another 4 years in charge. I can only assume there are positives to his leadership that don’t get reported over here. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I still struggle to believe that not far off 50% of the US voting population think he is worthy of another 4 years in charge. I can only assume there are positives to his leadership that don’t get reported over here. 

Did you include Freedom from the World in your analysis?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

This is incompetence

and if the state can't get it done by Dec 8th (4 weeks, closer to 3 with the thanksgiving holiday), then the wonderful people of the US congress can get involved.

5 minutes ago, villakram said:

and if the state can't get it done by Dec 8th (4 weeks, closer to 3 with the thanksgiving holiday), then the wonderful people of the US congress can get involved.

Trump's claim will not rule out 150k votes in Michigan. It will be certified on Nov 23rd

If it ever actually gets into the court room (which I seriously doubt) then the legal argument will be made by someone like Gerald Broflovski

Prime example of Trumps impact on the world. 

This morning I overheard a 9 year old girl in my class, tell her friend that she can't wait till Trump is gone. 

Mad that an intelligent 9 Yr old in Solihull, England would care that much about a politician in another country. I can't imagine that happening with anyone else but Trump. 

These last 4 years have been a real shit stain, which will require a long time to get rid of. 

• Like 2

Â