U.S. Presidential Election 2020

maqroll

U.S. Presidential Election 2020  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Really? I'm not happy whatsoever if he's ready to f**k over the world me and my kids are going to live in. 

I voted against Brexit but we are where we are and the less f**king over of anyone the better now. 

You'd prefer a no deal brexit over a soft brexit?

Just now, darrenm said:

You'd prefer a no deal brexit over a soft brexit?

I'd prefer the best of whatever we can get without anyone going out of their way to f**ck over a man I didn't vote for because they don't personally like him. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I'd prefer the best of whatever we can get without anyone going out of their way to f**ck over a man I didn't vote for because they don't personally like him. 

That's not really an answer.

If Biden is willing to side with the EU and Ireland over the UK gov then UK gov needs to keep the Irish border open to get a trade deal with the US. Biden has taken the jam out of Johnson's donut (f**ked him over) and we'll all be better off for it.

Sorry if you're unhappy with that.

• Like 2

I'm missing the guy with the maps already. 

This must be how a druggie going cold turkey must feel. I'm aching to know what the latest position is in Georgia and when the next update is. It's all just pictures of the celebrations now. 

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Really? I'm not happy whatsoever if he's ready to f**k over the world me and my kids are going to live in. 

I voted against Brexit but we are where we are and the less f**king over of anyone the better now. 

Is a perfectly sensible take.

However, there's also the take that if you indulge the lies and hatred that are at its source, then you normalise it. And it comes back again, and worse.

It's a depressing bit of cognitive dissonance. I'd prefer the country to be a happy, prosperous place, but not if the price you pay for it is the end of political and cultural normality.

Personally I think that the elitist dilettantes in charge being shown that they can't just scoff and gurn at the world and always get their own way, is exactly what the county needs at the moment. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Is a perfectly sensible take.

However, there's also the take that if you indulge the lies and hatred that are at its source, then you normalise it. And it comes back again, and worse.

It's a depressing bit of cognitive dissonance. I'd prefer the country to be a happy, prosperous place, but not if the price you pay for it is the end of political and cultural normality.

Personally I think that the elitist dilettantes in charge being shown that they can't just scoff and gurn at the world and always get their own way, is exactly what the county needs at the moment. 

If I understood a word of what you said I might agree. 

I just don't like the language of f**king people over. 

Sounds like the kind of vindictive bloody minded attitude we have hopefully just seen the back of. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm missing the guy with the maps already. 

This must be how a druggie going cold turkey must feel. I'm aching to know what the latest position is in Georgia and when the next update is. It's all just pictures of the celebrations now. 

Load up Google Maps, zoom in and out on a random state and occasionally yell "key race update" to yourself every few minutes. 

Electoral methadone. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If I understood a word of what you said I might agree. 

I'll make it simpler. Indulging proto-fascists means everyone get more f****d over in the long run.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

If I understand a word of what you said I might agree. 

Sounds like the kind of vindictive bloody minded attitude we have hopefully just seen the back of. 

Come on. It's just a colloquialism. It's informal. I'm sorry if I've offended your sensibilities.

I'm happy that Joe Biden won't allow Boris Johnson to negotiate a trade deal with the USA which necessitates a hard border in Ireland and jeopardises the Good Friday Agreement, ensuring the UK stays in the EU customs union and most likely the single market too, against Boris Johnson's wishes.

Is that better?

Â