Championship 2020-2021 Thread

messi11

surely this is going to be brentford's year?

i can see norwich falling short. they just don't seem convincing for me. the games they win they don't really batter anyone and they've lost/drawn to some poor sides. conor seems to have lifted swansea, and i can see them getting 2nd.

i'd prefer reading to come up out of the teams in the playoffs. who from outside can really challenge? cardiff maybe?

• Like 1

It's interesting to think where we would be in this table had we gone down last season. 

Would we be top because of the half decent squad left after the inevitable 1st team departures?

Certainly the likes of tres, el ghazi and guibert would be better suited but would the hangover negate that?

10 hours ago, Nigel said:

It's interesting to think where we would be in this table had we gone down last season. 

Would we be top because of the half decent squad left after the inevitable 1st team departures?

Certainly the likes of tres, el ghazi and guibert would be better suited but would the hangover negate that?

In another alternate universe scenario if Brentford got promoted last season who would be leading the line for us now?

23 hours ago, Nigel said:

i think trez would've been sold. we'd have gotten about 50-60m for jack. maybe 20-30 for mings. luiz would've gone too i expect so we'd have had a fair sized war chest. we'd be there or thereabouts i reckon

if the likes of targett and konsa improved as they have done this season we'd probably have had the best CB and LB in the league too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/02/2021 at 21:56, useless said:

Nigel Pearson appointed Bristol City manager.

And Joey Barton in at Bristol Rovers (I think on the same day) there's  combination!

Apparently at his press conference Joey said he'd text him about potentially sharing a flat :)

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

And Joey Barton in at Bristol Rovers (I think on the same day) there's  combination!

Apparently at his press conference Joey said he'd text him about potentially sharing a flat :)

Those two nutters whilst in turn managers of bitter rivals?  That's a sitcom I'd watch!

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Honeymoon period.

But cant deny McCarthy hasnt done well there.

It was a good squad he took over in fairness. Kiefer Moore is a pretty good striker now at championship level and plays well for Wales aswell and Harry Wilson also there on season long loan so lots of quality in attack and still got a few players like Morrison at the back who were key when Warnock got them promoted.

Cardiff won't be a team the others will relish getting in play offs.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I actually cannot believe bournmouth appointed woodgate full time. 

That has to be the most stupidest decision ive seen in a while.

not really, they could have appointed Henry

Â