Match Thread: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

We even look half-arsed from set pieces.

Are they gonna get a bonus for being relegated?

A few will find it easier to get a payrise and transfer...

2 minutes ago, smg said:

Negativity on here is ..........expected. Look at the league table , the squads, the confidence levels , it’s still 0-0 enjoy.

League position shouldn’t stop us trying. 

If we hadn’t been so awful all year we wouldn’t be so desperate to get something out of these games.

Just now, holteend1982 said:

Davis seems head and shoulders above everyone else again in the team, I'm not even sure grealish can be arsed anymore 

You're supposed to say he is shit though, as it's the default on here.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There is zero pressing and far too much space. Willian is being given acres of space.  Suicidal tactics

There's a reason for Willian having so much space - Grealish's starting position. Said it all season that when he plays wide left he doesn't track back because he drifts inside too often and the opposition has the freedom of that wing. We should play Trezeguet there and Jack behind Davis to get onto the knock-downs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

Davis seems head and shoulders above everyone else again in the team, I'm not even sure grealish can be arsed anymore 

Grealish cannot get into his groove when we're on our back foot all the time. Our best weapon isolated and useless.

Just now, Villarocker said:

There's a reason for Willian having so much space - Grealish's starting position. Said it all season that when he plays wide left he doesn't track back because he drifts inside too often and the opposition has the freedom of that wing. We should play Trezeguet there and Jack behind Davis to get onto the knock-downs. 

Said exactly that to my Dad this morning. Grealish ought to be next to McGinn, or just in front of him, and play with two proper wingers.