Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

Although I more or less agree I don't think there's anything stopping him from going on loan in the Premier League. 

There is : teams that will be happy to develop a player for nothing. 

if he's not considered better than what we have right now, why not allow him to develop elsewhere, under a system that allows us to buy him back on a cheaper fee? I would loved to have seen him get a chance here, cups and european football would suggest space but alas not. Consider how cameron archer has struggled, maybe aaron just hasn't looked close enough to the standard needed - yet. He does well, we buy him back. It sounds like  a glorified loan really.

And our academy will develop quality players, one or two make the first team, another few make a tidy profit, and the rest can hopefully develop careers elsewhere in the pyramid.

But let's see what happens

• Like 2

5 hours ago, duke313 said:

If we have a buy back clause for £20m, it just means Burnley HAS to accept our offer, even if the player is valued more. It doesn’t mean they can’t also accept other offers from other teams.

If we activate the buy back clause, but City or Liverpool bid £35m, sorry, but the player is not choosing us.

Still believe you are incorrect.  The clause is a cap for us to by him back with the first option. 

It's very tough, but if we want to make big strides up the table, we can't bring absolutely everyone along with us. It's thrilling that Mings and McGinn have journeyed up from our Championship days but also quite unusual. A buy back clause is great and this could still work out really well for us. Emery has his hands full with a number of other youth prospects this year, offloading one of them to another club entirely mightn't be the worst idea.

17 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

It sounds borderline illegal to me as well but Madrid and Barca have been doing it for years.

Same as multi club networks, absolutely no way should they be allowed.

It's all gone too far though. Can't reign it back now.

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

No it's not. He happens to play in a position that we are stacked in and is at the point where we can't give him the minutes he needs because we have better options. 

To Useless' point, we're not losing him. We're basically loaning him there and will be able to bring him back if he's a success. 

We're not though...

He's trying to break through in a position where we have JPB and coutinho

I don't get people saying his pathway is blocked, it's literally only recently been announced that Philogene is going to be part of the first team squad, I like Philogene, but Ramsey is better than him and is younger, also I hate to break it to people but our options in the attacking areas aren't that great, don't be surprised to Ramsey does better for Burnley than some of ours do for us for example.

Also what happened to needing more players for rotation because of extra cup games, there should be plenty of scope to give him game time, he can play on left, right, or through the middles as No.10 or attacking midfielder, we don't actually have that many options for the left hand side, with Jacob injured it's not obvious who replaces him, Aaron should have been one of the top candidates considering that's a postion he excelled in last season at one of the best teams in the Championship.

Someone did warn us that Monchi would upset us with some of our sales. I guess this is the sort of thing they meant. There is no guarantee that Ramsey would have become a star for us, but he is very promising and we like to keep our better youngsters. Someone needs to adapt. Is it us or Monchi?

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

We're not though...

He's trying to break through in a position where we have JPB and coutinho

We have two positions he could play in the XI. One of the two advanced midfielders, where McGinn now lives.

So I make it McGinn, Buendia, Bailey, JJ, Coutinho, JPB and perhaps Diaby as well? He'll probably play there a bit.

Bearing in mind we have a few young lads in Kellyman and K. Young who can fill the odd gap v FC Mountain from the Faroe Islands in Europe, I don't think he'd would get a huge amount of game time this season.

I think in the next two windows we'll be buying at least one more attacker be it a striker or attacking midfielder and they would slot in ahead of him as well.

I don't like selling him at all, but it's not a rotten deal for us. Depending on the buy back of course. I'm presuming it's £25m or under... If it's £50m that's not quite the same :)

23 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

It sounds borderline illegal to me as well but Madrid and Barca have been doing it for years.

Fair, looking at it there do seem to be other examples where players had no or little choice about the move. But I think Nixon is making it sound like personal terms are not included in this one. This would be sensible from the player: who knows, maybe he scores 50 goals in the next two seasons and one of the true giants of world football (Madrid or Bayern or Al-Ettifaq or somebody) wants to pay him half a million a week.

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

This can't be happening because the VT journo police said so. 

Shame Kiwi missed it. He'd had been screeching to high heaven about it being not true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â