Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im suprised thw fee is 1wm i would have thought 17m would have been better.

I think this one could come back and sting us unlcuky chucky

that's why we've got a buy back clause

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Based on what though?

I legit think we are just making up figures which sound better to us as fans.

If it were 17 mill, we'd probably reference a young player who moved for 22 million and say he should be worth at least that.

Fact is, he's done nothing of significance YET.

Chuk and scott

£12m is cheap but that's got to be reflected in the value of the clause, cheaper we sell cheaper we can buy back

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Its going to be a far more complicated decision than many of us think. We just see the footballer. Not the pathway.  Or others pathways.  Could be that they sell Aaron with the buyback and keep Philogene because they feel Aaron needs more regular football than Philogene in order to get closer to his potential. Its not as simple as he is our best academy graduate and he is a villa fan with his older brother a star in the first team.  

Yeah I appreciate that, you can also only sell to someone who has a buyer

I'd still sell PB, traore, coutinho and even Bailey before Ramsey though

Should also add that I **** detest FFP so the idea that we're doing it for that reason pisses me off too

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Chuk and scott

£12m is cheap but that's got to be reflected in the value of the clause, cheaper we sell cheaper we can buy back

8 mill more for Chuk, and even if i never rated him at the time, he was/is regarded as one of the best young talents in the League/ Europe ain't he?

So yeah, perspective for me, I personally think it's a good deal, but of course could be wrong.

12 mill in all profit will help us immediately, while the buy back protects our interest in the potential asset.

What if they under utilise him though or get relegated? And in 2 years time we are faced with the decision of rebuying him for £25mill odd. 

I just don't like the risk of this deal and feel he can just play the cups and conference league for us and see how he gets on this season here. 

27 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Yeah I think the idea is to hopefully produce some decent footballers and sell for profit, not sell the crown jewel of the academy before he’s even got a chance.

Maybe Emery doesn’t think he’s the crown jewel though.  Maybe Emery has assessed him and think he’s a talent but his ceiling isn’t that high.  I don’t know but I have to assume if he’s letting him go there is a reason. Remember Emery sees him daily and analyses him and other players in detail through video and stats.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Based on what though?

I legit think we are just making up figures which sound better to us as fans.

If it were 17 mill, we'd probably reference a young player who moved for 22 million and say he should be worth at least that.

Fact is, he's done nothing of significance YET.

I think he has done more in the game than chuck has and we got 20m for him

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Kind of but no

Man City sold a guy  who they bought from Portugal as a kid who never kicked a ball for them and never would do for £12m yesterday, they flipped him for a profit, that's the model

AJ because of his locality, because he's been here so long, because of his potential (he's the best kid in our set up at his age and has done well for England and on loan) and probably as much as anything his brother to me is someone that I not think can make it here but I want him to make it here

If it was azaz or Barry or PB or even Tim then I don't think I'd be as fussed

That's something else here, I'm looking at it thinking the club is selling him and giving PB that shot and I think AJ has a far higher ceiling

FWIW I also don't think the buy back is worth a fat lot, it won't happen

Emery then must not see his ceiling is as high as you do.  I have no opinion on this one I’m just going on him seeing AJ every day plus analysis and thinks this the right thing.

Why do people keep saying there's no pathway for him into our first team, it's just been announced that Philogene is going to be part of our first team, Ramsey is better than Philogene, has an higher ceiling, and is younger, also I hate to break it to people, but Buendia and Bailey aren't exactly world beaters either, two players who as it stands will be starting a lot of games for us, people getting carried away and talking as if our first team is on Man City level or something, there should be plenty of scope for someone like Ramsey to get game time, he's already nearly as good as a lot of what we have with potential to get better, and can play at least three positions well.

Also this idea that he hasn't done anything is rubbish, he was one of the best attacking players in the Championship last season as a nineteen year old, try finding many others that were doing as well as he was, you will only find an handful, he's not long turned twenty, he's done about as much as could be expected for someone his age, Mason Mount was older than Ramsey was last season when he was in the Championship, Ramsey's stats were just as good despite having much less game time.

Also this idea that he's only rated because of his brother is utterly ignorant and stupid.

Just now, useless said:

Why do people keep saying there's no pathway for him into our first team, it's just been announced that Philogene is going to be part of our first team,

I'm getting déjà vu from last summer when club sold Chukwuemeka and announced that Archer would be part of first team squad to appease fans.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Why do people keep saying there's no pathway for him into our first team, it's just been announced that Philogene is going to be part of our first team, Ramsey is better than Philogene, has an higher ceiling, and is younger, also I hate to break it to people, but Buendia and Bailey aren't exactly world beaters either, two players who as it stands will be starting a lot of games for us, people getting carried away and talking as if our first team is on Man City level or something, there should be plenty of scope for someone like Ramsey to get game time, he's already nearly as good as a lot of what we have with potential to get better, and can play at least three positions well.

Also this idea that he hasn't done anything is rubbish, he was one of the best attacking players in the Championship last season as a nineteen year old, try finding many others that were doing as well as he was, you will only find an handful, he's not long turned twenty, he's done about as much as could be expected for someone his age, Mason Mount was older than Ramsey was last season when he was in the Championship, Ramsey's stats were just as good despite having much less game time.

Also this idea that he's only rated because of his brother is utterly ignorant and stupid.

So why is Emery selling him? Obviously he doesn’t agree with some of what you’ve said especially about the ceiling of both, otherwise why would he be selling.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I appreciate that, you can also only sell to someone who has a buyer

I'd still sell PB, traore, coutinho and even Bailey before Ramsey though

Should also add that I **** detest FFP so the idea that we're doing it for that reason pisses me off too

With that in mind, those sales would be to wave them goodbye - not part of a plan to potentially bring them back.

What we do know is Unai knows what he wants and need to make his Aston Villa team as competitive as possible. He may think AJ is not ready yet, or his involvement may benefit the player but be a detriment to the team overall.

For all we know AJ simply wants regular football and a payrise this year. If he gets a bump in wages by going to Burnley, and a pre-agreed new contract should we choose to bring him back, that ticks a lot of boxes.

I trust Unai more than any other manager I've seen at the club. It doesn't mean I don't question some decisions, but I feel confident that there is always a plan, a purpose and logic behind the choices made.

FWIW, should he be sold, the only way I don't see him coming back is if the tracjectory of Aston Villa outpaces the progression of the player.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah but Chuk was/is hyped/overhyped and went to Chelsea.

Different ball game imo.

I agree he was hyped. I just think its abit crazy to let a player with his potential go for so cheap. But lets see how this pans out

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Chuk and scott

I am not keen on the deal, but the devil is in the detail. Hopefully the detail works in our favour further down the line. For now Aaron Ramsey doesn’t get many opportunities in our first team, but with a good spell at Burnley in 12-24 months we hopefully have the option to pick up Aaron as a fully developed and exciting option for relatively peanuts.

I don’t know the detail, so will have to trust Unai and his team know what they are doing. He has done well in the past with young players at Arsenal and Villarreal, so I will console myself with that for the time being.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Right you are. 

Highlights the importance of not padding out your squad with overpriced overpaid players.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So why is Emery selling him? Obviously he doesn’t agree with some of what you’ve said especially about the ceiling of both, otherwise why would he be selling.

Because someone is offering £12m for him. Dur. No one is offering £12m for flops like Coutinho and Traore or we'd be selling them.

Plus it's a nice deal where we can get him back for probably £12m more if he flies.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Because we have to generate funds surely we can’t continue a long term strategy of selling bit part players for a million or two here and there? some highly rated academy players will have to leave or we’ll have to start selling our biggest assets like Kamara, Martinez, Luiz if the choice is selling our best first players or the occasional academy player I know which one I’m choosing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IF this sale happens I imagine (hope) this is part of a bigger picture strategy that is well thought out and helps us both short and long term. Without the full picture and from the outside it's feels bonkers thou.

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Because we have to generate funds surely we can’t continue a long term strategy of selling bit part players for a million or two here and there? some highly rated academy players will have to leave or we’ll have to start selling our biggest assets like Kamara, Martinez, Luiz if the choice is selling our best first players or the occasional academy player I know which one I’m choosing.

Yep that was point a few comments ago.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think he has done more in the game than chuck has and we got 20m for him

we got 20m for Moneymeka because it was Chelsea doing Chelsea things.

Â