Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

10 minutes ago, WHY said:

No chance they were signing him back when the buy back clause was active given his performances at that time. How long do you wait for a player to show his potential? 

I like Ramsey and would prefer he stays but trust the club. His injury record isn’t the best either, maybe they are taking this into consideration!

What if that happens to AJ? What if it takes him longer to develop than we have the option to buy back? The buy back doesn’t last forever, it will have an expiry date. We’ll have sold a promising player for peanuts, a team like City might have the finances to not be phased like something like that, we don’t.

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just charge them a loan fee for 12 months. 

I'd be disappointed if we let one of our own go like this, without him having a chance first. 

I'd be very surprised if we are letting him go. Getting regular competitive football is the best thing for the player, but may not be the best thing for Aston Villa in this coming season.

If he is going to Burnley, it allows him to develop his game for the benefit of a future Villa squad, with the intention that he comes back.

Could all be bollocks, but there is logic to the arrangement if it happens.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

And those casually saying put a buy back clause in we'll be fine if he goes on to develop in to what we want him to be we'll just sign him back...

The last PL player bought back with a buy back clause was juninho to boro in 2002

To my knowledge it's never happened between 2 PL clubs

Contracts are bespoke. Previous contracts have little in common with the next.

It also shows how few times a club decided a promising player was good enough to be bought back.

Does it not sound like he’s agreeing a contract already that if we exercise the buy back clause? I.E we exercise it and it’s done. If so that sounds great to me you are incentivising him to go out and earn a big pay rise.

11 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

We currently can't give him the playing time he needs for his development. If a season long loan isn't possible then this is probably the next best option. By his age 20 season his brother already had 3000+ minutes of PL football. He needs first team football and alot of it. 

This right here. Ironically blocked by his brother and at least two to three other players. 

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

What if that happens to AJ? What if it takes him longer to develop than we have the option to buy back? The buy back doesn’t last forever, it will have an expiry date. We’ll have sold a promising player for peanuts, a team like City might have the finances to not be phased like something like that, we don’t.

Well that is sort of my point mate, how long do you wait for a player to show his potential. Also nobody knows what the player wants, pretty sure I read that he was stalling on a new contract. 

29 minutes ago, Awol said:

Sure, it seems really likely that the people running the club have no idea what they are doing, so need to make some emergency sales of youth players to stay within FFP/FFS.  

Where did I say emergency sales? Maybe this is a plan.

It's a sure way to avoid punishment as it's profit.

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Isn’t this the model the owners wanted?

So I don’t know why some fans are concerned because it’s also what the fans have been wanting as well.  

Producing young talents that we can sell for big profits.  

Creating a factory of talent to continue to bring income into the club.  

Yes one or two in five years time may be much better than we thought they would be but most won’t and we will have made healthy profits that we can reinvest into the first team squad.  

We just have to hope that Emery gets the gems right and we keep them.

Yeah I think the idea is to hopefully produce some decent footballers and sell for profit, not sell the crown jewel of the academy before he’s even got a chance.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

A buy back clause just means we can buy him back for an agreed price. Nothing stopping other clubs paying more for him. Would be down to the player.

Depends on the terms of the deal. We could put a clause in the transfer that would not permit Burnley from selling to anyone else if we want to buy him. Same thing Man City had with Dougie when we bought him from them iirc. 

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Isn’t this the model the owners wanted?

So I don’t know why some fans are concerned because it’s also what the fans have been wanting as well.  

Producing young talents that we can sell for big profits.  

Creating a factory of talent to continue to bring income into the club.  

Yes one or two in five years time may be much better than we thought they would be but most won’t and we will have made healthy profits that we can reinvest into the first team squad.  

We just have to hope that Emery gets the gems right and we keep them.

Kind of but no

Man City sold a guy  who they bought from Portugal as a kid who never kicked a ball for them and never would do for £12m yesterday, they flipped him for a profit, that's the model

AJ because of his locality, because he's been here so long, because of his potential (he's the best kid in our set up at his age and has done well for England and on loan) and probably as much as anything his brother to me is someone that I not think can make it here but I want him to make it here

If it was azaz or Barry or PB or even Tim then I don't think I'd be as fussed

That's something else here, I'm looking at it thinking the club is selling him and giving PB that shot and I think AJ has a far higher ceiling

FWIW I also don't think the buy back is worth a fat lot, it won't happen

• Like 2

If true, this could be a good bit of business for us. 

On one hand, he's nowhere near our first team given our squad and ambitions. We can keep loaning him out until he's ready but there's not much point from a financial perspective and is a risk if he doesn't make it and has to leave for a free or low fee.

If we sell him now and have the option to buy him back in a couple of years if he's mature enough and fulfills his potential, then great. 

I actually think it's a good deal all round. £12m seems a bit low given what Man City seem to be selling their kids for, but it will be good for Ramsey to get some Premier League experience and if he develops the same way his brother has, we can get him back. His game time with us would be quite limited sadly. 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Kind of but no

Man City sold a guy  who they bought from Portugal as a kid who never kicked a ball for them and never would do for £12m yesterday, they flipped him for a profit, that's the model

AJ because of his locality, because he's been here so long, because of his potential (he's the best kid in our set up at his age and has done well for England and on loan) and probably as much as anything his brother to me is someone that I not think can make it here but I want him to make it here

That's something else here, I'm looking at it thinking the club is selling him and giving PB that shot and I think AJ has a far higher ceiling

This. 

Feels wrong because he's a local lad and highly rated. Maybe i'm too sentimental, and there is no place for sentiment in football now as it is a cutthroat business. 

Like you say, bringing in young players from abroad, loaning them and flipping them for profit is one thing, selling on of our own just feels off, especially when he hasn't had a shot. Jacob Ramsey had to be given a chance. I get the feeling he wouldn't now, if this is the strategy going forward. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im suprised thw fee is 1wm i would have thought 17m would have been better.

I think this one could come back and sting us unlcuky chucky

Based on what though?

I legit think we are just making up figures which sound better to us as fans.

If it were 17 mill, we'd probably reference a young player who moved for 22 million and say he should be worth at least that.

Fact is, he's done nothing of significance YET.

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Kind of but no

Its going to be a far more complicated decision than many of us think. We just see the footballer. Not the pathway.  Or others pathways.  Could be that they sell Aaron with the buyback and keep Philogene because they feel Aaron needs more regular football than Philogene in order to get closer to his potential. Its not as simple as he is our best academy graduate and he is a villa fan with his older brother a star in the first team.  

• Like 2

Â