Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Chelsea had a buy back clause inserted for Nathan Ake when they sold him to Bournemouth. City came in and bid more and the player chose City.

The buy back clause only means they have to accept our agreed price. It doesn’t stop other teams offering more, I’m pretty sure that would be illegal.

Chelsea didn’t exercise the clause.

3 minutes ago, WHY said:

This forum is always good value. When we signed Dougie there were plenty of fans saying it was just a glorified loan and were  wetting the bed that City would buy him back. We do exactly the same and it’s a terrible idea.

Not sure if it’s good or bad but I trust the club to do the right thing, they haven’t got much wrong since Emery arrived. 

Well yeah. City lost an £80m midfielder for £15m. Sounds like a terrible idea to me.

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Or another take on it...... Keeping a player developing who currently doesnt have a pathway to the first team while keeping an option for him to return to us. 

But with the ECL and coutinho on his last legs he does have a pathway to the first team

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Well yeah. City lost an £80m midfielder for £15m. Sounds like a terrible idea to me.

No chance they were signing him back when the buy back clause was active given his performances at that time. How long do you wait for a player to show his potential? 

I like Ramsey and would prefer he stays but trust the club. His injury record isn’t the best either, maybe they are taking this into consideration!

11 minutes ago, WHY said:

This forum is always good value. When we signed Dougie there were plenty of fans saying it was just a glorified loan and were wetting the bed that City would buy him back. We do exactly the same and it’s a terrible idea.

Not sure if it’s good or bad but I trust the club to do the right thing, they haven’t got much wrong since Emery arrived. 

We don't have unlimited cash for FFP, and he couldn't get a work permit for them because he wasn't expensive enough to qualify for some of the requirements.

If we sell Ramsey and then buy him back we essentially just lit the difference on fire. Especially when we can instead receive a loan fee for him. 

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I’m sure they’ve been crying ever since…

How many City fans do you think are bemoaning the fact they haven’t had Douglas Luiz in their side for the past 3 years? It’s also took 3 years for him to become the £80m midfielder you speak of.

We’re acting like a big club, using other clubs money (£12m in this instance) to fund more expansive purchases.

City fans couldn’t care less about Douglas Luiz, and yes, he has become a very good player but that hasn’t exactly stopped them and hindsight is a beautiful thing. He may well have turned out to be shite in those 3 years. 

Sell Ramsey, and go out there and buy someone better. The future is now. 

43 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Burnley would be stupid to pay £12m for a loan; even if he stays for 2 seasons, that's £6m a year. Makes zero sense.

Under that scenario, Burnley would make a huge profit when we exercise the buy back clause. They wouldn’t suffer any loss or liability. Quite the opposite. 

7 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

The lad has hardly had a sniff at our first team and looking at the squad I don’t see where he is getting much game time with us over the next couple of years so a sale with a favourable buy back clause might suit all parties. 

He's 20...hes on a completely normal trajectory and should break through either this year or next year

We didn't give him a chance, Burnley will

That's disappointing in itself

I'd rather we have coutinho away for free and played him

• Like 4

Just charge them a loan fee for 12 months. 

I'd be disappointed if we let one of our own go like this, without him having a chance first. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We don't have unlimited cash for FFP, and he couldn't get a work permit for them because he wasn't expensive enough to qualify for some of the requirements.

If we sell Ramsey and then buy him back we essentially just lit the difference on fire. Especially when we can instead receive a loan fee for him. 

FFP might not be an issue for us in 3 years time either given we will now be targeting CL football. Like I say I trust the club, they have earned it. 

We currently can't give him the playing time he needs for his development. If a season long loan isn't possible then this is probably the next best option. By his age 20 season his brother already had 3000+ minutes of PL football. He needs first team football and alot of it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's 20...hes on a completely normal trajectory and should break through either this year or next year

We didn't give him a chance, Burnley will

That's disappointing in itself

I'd rather we have coutinho away for free and played him

I think it’s all BS tbh and AJ has a pathway to the squad more than people realise, especially from a journalist who charges people for his gossip. He may as well run an 0845 line. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

I think it’s all BS tbh and AJ has a pathway to the squad more than people realise, especially from a journalist who charges people for his gossip. He may as well run an 0845 line. 

Looking at the Burnley forums they're also on the brink of signing a left sided attacker from ajax, hoping it's them playing the game

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Two scenarios:

We are confident AJ would stay so set a very high cancellation of the buy-back fee e.g. £10m, meaning that Burnley pay £22m and hope that a third bidding club pays above whatever the cancellation fee is, but most importantly, we have a contract in place, which he might change his mind on depending on what such a deal is. There's a lot of risk factors involved. The other scenario is that we intend to trigger the deal within a year and insert a low cancellation as standard and already agreed with AJ that he's back next summer.

I have no idea if Nixon's information is accurate, but let's assume he's right for the sake of discussion.

AJ and his agent aren't out of the loop here. Getting regular PL game time this season is very good for AJ. There will be a clear plan being discussed about his development at Burnely and his route back to Villa.

Unai gets to see him in action, the player gets valuable experience, the club gets an extra 60m of amortised FFP accounting and we have a pre-determined path back for AJ in a couple of years' time. 

Rarely are two contracts the same. They're not templates. Just because player X previously had a buyback inserted into their contract but the outcome was Y, has little bearing on what could be in play here. 

We have a manager that is smart and we trust to do the best thing for Aston Villa. IF this is true, communication of the bigger picture with AJ, and even JJ, would be crucial. I wouldn't expect Emery and Monchi to leave too much to chance. 

• Like 3

And those casually saying put a buy back clause in we'll be fine if he goes on to develop in to what we want him to be we'll just sign him back...

The last PL player bought back with a buy back clause was juninho to boro in 2002

To my knowledge it's never happened between 2 PL clubs

Â