Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

5 hours ago, TRO said:

When you see some of the fee's being banded around for the players playing in the England Under 21's.....our young players fee's are modest.

They want c40m for Brennan Johnson( wales)....Gibbs -white went for c40M......Gordon went for c45m  and Arsenal want 50m for Balogun, after one good season at Reims.

and Jacob was one of the best players,for England, before his injury and Cam and Aaron have made their mark too.

I agree. I think the key to adding real value is Premier League minutes (rather than Championship), we need to ensure they have that to really add the value, we have to look to selling to other PL teams rather than top championship teams.

I’d be most disappointed if we sell Aaron at this stage. I know we’ve got to start shifting some players on but our highly rated youth shouldn’t be first on the list. I’d keep him around the first team until January and then make a decision based on his playing time to whether he should have another loan for the rest of the season. 

Also, £10m is a joke, right? 

2 hours ago, useless said:

He's achieved more than any of our other academy players, he's one of the better players in his age group in the country, he's proven as a top end Championship player when he was still a teenager, ten or twelve million isn't the going rate for a player of his massive potential.

Same people saying to sell him for around ten million are probably some of the same people saying we should spend £25m on Alex Scott who isn't much better if at all, the people asking for Scott state that it's because he reminds them of Grealish, Scott can't even get in the England teams ahead of Ramsey in the attacking positions he has to play as DM.

People are fickle with this kind of thing, Archer scores a goal at Championship level and suddenly he's a world beater who would bury all the chances Watkins misses, he has a quiet game in a meaningless friendly and then he's not going to be good enough, Ramsey does well in a Championship game and he's going to be better than his brother, he gets an injury so is out of th picture for a while so he's out of people's minds and he hasn't achieved much, Philogene wasn't getting many goals and assists last season so not many were taking much notice of how well he was doing, not many were talking about him being part of the first team squad this coming season, infact there was a rumour that Stoke were going to sign him and no one responded in a surprised or aghast way at such proposal, then he has a couple of good pre-season games and people insistent that he must be part of the first team squad next season

good points...

I think we all under value our own....we need to remind ourselves Cam and Aaron was only in a championship team......but not so long ago we had names like Abraham, Grealish, McGinn, Terry etc not finishing as high as their team( Borough) in the league over 46 games.

People are fickle....its because its so difficult to compute, incremental improvement.....They have to play in the first team( even Cameo roles) to find out, if they have a long term future there....but thats the place potential, morphs in to established player.

We are all second guessing, even the manager, with his vast knowledge, needs to be certain, and only in the first eleven will he truly find out.

We will never have a fully fledged complete player from the academy, before he plays in the first team...they have to be found game time, to establish themselves, all our successes in the past, have had to do it that way....even Jack grew, in the first team.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Patreon.  So, he's making up rumours, and charging people for the privilege.  🤣

Mental. I was going to comment that I can’t believe people will pay real money for probably made up transfer rumours…

Then I remembered my parents getting a £50 phone bill from me calling Teletext Clubcall transfer news hotline 🤣

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I agree. I think the key to adding real value is Premier League minutes (rather than Championship), we need to ensure they have that to really add the value, we have to look to selling to other PL teams rather than top championship teams.

I agree too... but don't under estimate the Championship, its an arduous league too....and some really good players have " cut their teeth" there, like Grealish, Bellingham,Toney, Watkins and Benrama.

Its like an emerging Film Star....they need the break.

19 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

He was the standout player for Boro last season. You must have very high standards.

Standout? he played 11 times. 

His assists and goals are good. But i think 10m is a  tempting price for a promising youth player that may never make an appearance. Not brilliant, just tempting.

13 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

We really must move on from this selling mentality. We can now afford to keep players to see how good, or otherwise, they are.

We don't need to sell off our better prospects to make ends meet.

Selling is as important as buying.....but it is knowing who and when to sell.

I guess in a way, selling is harder, because you have to have a buyer....but buying you are more in control of your own destiny( providing you have the funds)

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

We havent had a selling mentality as a club for about 5 years. I dont think this is what this is. If Villa think his ceiling to be a certain level and it helps us with ffp then we might not perceive £10 to 15 mil to be bad business. 

The only two players who have gone to bigger stature clubs in the last 5 years were Grealish and Chuk, and still retrospectively that doesnt look like we did bad business there.

both didn't want to be with us.

I think that the first thing that we need to do, is to offer him a new improved contract. I had thought that he would have made our first team squad this season and like Archer would have started/come on during, a reasonable amount of our cup & league games this season. If that isn't going to happen, a loan move to a PL team that play a decent style of football, would be better than another season in the Championship, but we need to sort his contract out before doing that. Chelsea did it with Gallagher, so it can work and the player can return to his club and play in the first team. That would be the option that I would take, if UE doesn't think he's quite ready for us yet.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Selling is as important as buying.....but it is knowing who and when to sell.

I guess in a way, selling is harder, because you have to have a buyer....but buying you are more in control of your own destiny( providing you have the funds)

I agree TRO. I think our problem with "selling" players is that we've been perceived as a very ordinary club over a large number of seasons. We have also marginalised certain unwanted players very obviously which makes buying an unwanted Villa player from an ordinary AVFC an unattractive proposition.

What we are currently known for is loaning out good quality young players with real potential, and that's the area where other clubs are really keen to deal with us.

I think it will take just one more successful season under Emery to change the perception of Villa 'fringe' players. If we do well this season then we should get far more interest in the players we are happy to sell for much higher fees.

• Like 1

Top clubs sell their prospects every year.  Especially ones that are years away from breaking through into the first team.  I also completely understand Aaron wanting first team football and not another random loan half season loan. If we can get a good number (definitely more than £10 million) then I think it would be good business to sell. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I agree TRO. I think our problem with "selling" players is that we've been perceived as a very ordinary club over a large number of seasons. We have also marginalised certain unwanted players very obviously which makes buying an unwanted Villa player from an ordinary AVFC an unattractive proposition.

What we are currently known for is loaning out good quality young players with real potential, and that's the area where other clubs are really keen to deal with us.

I think it will take just one more successful season under Emery to change the perception of Villa 'fringe' players. If we do well this season then we should get far more interest in the players we are happy to sell for much higher fees.

We need to mirror the methods employed by Wolves and Brighton....they clearly know how to sell.

They'd get a tenner for the "Big Issue"

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

We really must move on from this selling mentality. We can now afford to keep players to see how good, or otherwise, they are.

We don't need to sell off our better prospects to make ends meet.

Every club needs to do it for FFP. Selling a youth player now for £12m allows us to sign 2 £30m players on 5 year contracts (amortised at 6m each per year) this window. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Every club needs to do it for FFP. Selling a youth player now for £12m allows us to sign 2 £30m players on 5 year contracts (amortised at 6m each per year) this window. 

If they're like some of the players we've signed for big money over the years then I'd rather not 😅

• Like 1

Even if we did sell without a buyback it would matter little in this case. We could just buy him back anywhere down the line anyway (it might just cost an extra £10-15m than if we did insert a clause)

Perks of having players who support and want to play for Villa. Prem football at this stage of his career would be more beneficial for AJ right now, something he wont get with us for at least another couple of years.

Â