Your Top Non-Football Sports Moment (Link video if possible)

maqroll

Watching on the telly, golden Saturday 2012

being at something astonishing, in the stadium

Johnson bowling at the speed of light. Odd to pick a game where England were battered, but Ian Bell played beautifully.

• Like 1

Some great ones in here already.

Having watched Bruno from when I was a kid in the mid 80's to see him fail three times and then finally win the world title was a sentimental stand out for me. Not the most gifted fighter but a trier and a likeable character and I think all of Britain was behind him on this night.

The cricket stuff from last year almost made me wish I liked cricket. I find it excruciatingly boring, but I did really feel like I was missing out on incredible moments of sporting history then!

I don't often watch much other sport, but I usually follow the bigger tennis tournaments; some of the battles over recent years between Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray have been epic. Murray winning Wimbledon is obviously a moment that sticks in the mind.

And I'm not much of a boxing fan these days either but Lennox Lewis knocking out Tyson was a great one.

Just now, Troglodyte said:

The cricket stuff from last year almost made me wish I liked cricket. I find it excruciatingly boring, but I did really feel like I was missing out on incredible moments of sporting history then!

Best sporting event(s) (football included) in my lifetime I think. Both miraculous that probably won't be done again. I was cheering each 6 like Villa scored a goal :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

I rated (and still do) Cricket as the most boring and most overrated sport on the planet. It is generally completely shit.

But even I appreciated the world cup final last year. Incredible stuff.

Although I don't even know what the second Ben Stokes thing people are referring to is :D 

Edited by Stevo985

9 hours ago, Xela said:

Yes!

KP is easily the most entertaining batsman I've seen.  So many great innings, it's the ones where the likes of Warne and Steyn have no idea where to bowl to him I love.  This one v South Africa was brutal.

• Like 1

Â